Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Down 2 this week. Only 14.5 more to go to target. Hopefully I can get there in time for my holidays in about 2 months. Does anyone around dublin city centre know where I can get the alpen light chocolate and fudge bars? I've only been able to find the summer fruits ones and the choc would be way nicer with a cup of tea! Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

Well done PennyWren, I would love another stone off too, I hope it won't take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I don't want to cheat so quick question about healthy extras. If I'm having an extra portion in the day that I'm going to syn should I be syning the one with the highest syn value or does it matter?

I had weetabix for breakfast this morning, heb or 6 syns, and I'm having a Bfree wrap for dinner this evening, heb or 4.5 syns. Is it okay to count breakfast as heb and then 4.5 syns for dinner, or should I do it the other way round and count 6 syns for breakfast?

If it was me I would use the higher one as my heb and the lower one as my syns..............but after reading your post you're making me think about it.

That's what I normally do but I got an annoying little voice in my head this morning telling me I'm cheating!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Weighed in on Thursday night and was 7.5 pounds down. Was chuffed to bits!

I'm already feeling it in my clothes.
    Going to spend the weekend cooking and storing healthy dinners so I'm not tempted to fall off the wagon.

ash23 wrote: »
    Weighed in on Thursday night and was 7.5 pounds down. Was chuffed to bits!

I'm already feeling it in my clothes.
    Going to spend the weekend cooking and storing healthy dinners so I'm not tempted to fall off the wagon.

Congratulations :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Nice to hear about all your losses peeps!
    I'm loving SW, nearly 2 stone gone so far, so I am dead chuffed! :)
    Did any of ye take measurements when ye started? I really regret not doing so because I know now by my jeans, belt, jacket etc that I must've lost a few inches.
    Also, where are ye noticing the weight going from? I DID take a pic when I started and just looking at it earlier my face looks so much thinner. Also, my boobs have shrunk a good bit! - Not sure I'm happy about that! :D
    From the waist down I can't see much difference though :( Ass, belly, thighs and calves seem to be the same as pre-SW! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Oh holy moley I only joined slimming world on Tuesday and my friend told me kimberley mikado biscuits were only 0.5 syn. I've just checked online and apparently it's some other Mikados, these chocolate stick thingys! I've been milling mikados the last 2 days !!!!Someone please tell me there's not loads of syns in them!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Oh holy moley I only joined slimming world on Tuesday and my friend told me kimberley mikado biscuits were only 0.5 syn. I've just checked online and apparently it's some other Mikados, these chocolate stick thingys! I've been milling mikados the last 2 days !!!!Someone please tell me there's not loads of syns in them!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 juicydublin

I joined SW on Thurs, for the 3rd time, 3rd time lucky is my plan!!!! Paddy's long weekend in my first week is scaring me a bit!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

these are the half syn ones.

http://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264396691

Not sure about the Kimberly's, but I imagine you'll be in trouble if you've been eating a lot them.

The other young is, if you are horsing biscuits into you, you're really not approaching slimming world correctly and you're going to sabotage yourself.

I would highly recommend that you keep an accurate food diary, syn EVERYTHING that you put in your mouth before you eat it and you need to sit down with your SW leader and have them explain everything to you properly at your next meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tito1212

Hi all ,

A complete slimming world virigin here , i joined last Tuesday and so far im finding it great , have not once felt deprived and havent felt hungry and another bonus is im cooking from scratch again rather than using the ready made sauces etc . I think being an old hand at weightwatchers im just doubting i'll have lost anything and believe me ive got a lot to lose.

Hoping to pick up some hints and tips along the way and possibly share some too

tito1212 wrote: »
    Hi all ,

A complete slimming world virigin here , i joined last Tuesday and so far im finding it great , have not once felt deprived and havent felt hungry and another bonus is im cooking from scratch again rather than using the ready made sauces etc . I think being an old hand at weightwatchers im just doubting i'll have lost anything and believe me ive got a lot to lose.

Hoping to pick up some hints and tips along the way and possibly share some too

Welcome aboard :) Don't worry, as long as you stick to the plan you will lose weight.

I joined up a few weeks back and have always been skeptical about slimming world. I previously lost 6 stone through counting calories but as soon as I stopped counting the weight piled back on again. It does seem to be a slower weight loss on slimming world, but it's a healthy lifestyle that you can easily follow for life, so I'm happy to lose weight a bit slower and keep it off this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tito1212

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Welcome aboard :) Don't worry, as long as you stick to the plan you will lose weight.

I joined up a few weeks back and have always been skeptical about slimming world. I previously lost 6 stone through counting calories but as soon as I stopped counting the weight piled back on again. It does seem to be a slower weight loss on slimming world, but it's a healthy lifestyle that you can easily follow for life, so I'm happy to lose weight a bit slower and keep it off this time!

Thanks for the welcome :)

I'll be happy to take the scenic route once the journey is enjoyable - so far so good .

1.5lbs off this week :)

I was doing well all week but fell off the wagon on Sunday evening, and despite trying to be "good" since I think the damage is done.

I was in a foul mood yesterday over it all, and was thrilled with myself that I didn't do as I normally do which is throw my hat at it and say I just can't do it.

I am lashing in the water now, and despite a crippling headache I am determined to stay focussed.

Welcome to the new people ~ I am new enough to this myself!

well done whiplashy!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Guess what!!!

I left my Slimming World books at work last week and I was out sick so I couldn't really come and pick them up. So I did the complete dog!! Weigh in is tonight I suppose I might aswell just explain my situation!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

a good tip for anyone new to SW, think about your guilty pleasures (i.e. what got you the need for SW to begin with!) write it down and look in your slimming world book and syn it up to see how many syns you'd spend if you got a craving.

i used to be a hoor for slipping into maccy D's on my way to work for a double sausage and egg mcmuffin with bacon, but it turns out that the whole thing with the hash brown and large latte was 80+ syns, so i knocked the idea of that on the head right away! :D

it's just handy to know ahead of time without looking exactly how guilty your pleasures are. i've always found that knowing means that i think about what i could have instead of that for much less syns without breaking the syns bank for the day.

Weigh in tonight. Wasn't too bad over the weekend. Had a bit of a relapse on Saturday night because I skipped dinner and went to a friends so there was cake and biscuits galore.
    Went out for drinks Sunday night and managed to resist the chipper on the way home ;)

So all in all, not too bad. I'm hoping to be down a couple of pounds anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Been kinda off plan mostly for three months and wasn't going to group for numerous reasons, bordom, lack of funds and fiancee being in hospital.

Anyway I was expecting to be much worse as although I have been following plan it has been rather loosely.

Still the exact same weight that I was at last weigh in nearly three months ago.

Happy enough with that.

I've registered as a new user as I need to feel like I'm making some progress again and not just chasing previous losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Ladies and gents.... I need some motivation!! I rejoined after Christmas and over the first two weeks o lost 5.5lbs which I was delighted with but between sickness, trips away etc. I just have not been able to get back into it since. I'm still attending but kind of up half lb, down half lb. That sort of thing!! I will do great all week and then stupid stuff like pigging out on bread at the weekends!
    I need some new lunch/dinner ideas. I generally batch cook bolognese, the mushy pea curry. I love the carbonara and I'm a big fan of meat balls. But I need things to entice me to keep going here...if that makes any sense :(

Gee_G wrote: »
    Ladies and gents.... I need some motivation!! I rejoined after Christmas and over the first two weeks o lost 5.5lbs which I was delighted with but between sickness, trips away etc. I just have not been able to get back into it since. I'm still attending but kind of up half lb, down half lb. That sort of thing!! I will do great all week and then stupid stuff like pigging out on bread at the weekends!
    I need some new lunch/dinner ideas. I generally batch cook bolognese, the mushy pea curry. I love the carbonara and I'm a big fan of meat balls. But I need things to entice me to keep going here...if that makes any sense :(

What I've been doing is digging out my cookbooks and going through them to see if I can make any of the meals syn free or low in syns just by altering the way I cook them.

I made a lovely curry yesterday just by replacing the oil in the recipe with frylight and the yogurt with low far fromage frais. It was yum.

It's actually easy enough to make changes to most recipes to make them slimming world friendly.

A dinner I adore is bacon and cabbage.

I use the slow cooker to cook the bacon, and then I have potatoes and heaps of veg, cabbage, carrots, turnip.

It is scrumptious and very sw friendly.

For lunch at the moment I am bringing mixed salad leaves, ham, cucumber, tomato, spring onions, a bit of cheese and beetroot. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

OK heading back after two weeks of non stop eating I'm amazed how quickly I slipped back in to old habits like eating white bread when I knew I would not have to step on the scale s. I taught I could nearly give up going and just do it at home but this just proved to me that I need the weekly weigh in . so not looking forward to stepping on the scales this week

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

The SW website says the Tesco Falafel and Butternut Squash salad is free, but does anyone know if that includes the little pot of dressing too?

Was down 4 pounds last night and won slimmer of the week :)
    Aiming for another 4 next week and that will get me to a loss of over a stone in 3 weeks!

Is the slimmer of the week for the person who loses the most in the week?

Well done on your loss...............what are you doing to ensure you are down another 4lb next week? For me I lost big the first week but it's been 1-2 lbs per week since.

Anne Other wrote: »
    Is the slimmer of the week for the person who loses the most in the week?
    I think they do it over the previous 2 weeks or something. Not fully sure to be honest. :D
    Well done on your loss...............what are you doing to ensure you are down another 4lb next week? For me I lost big the first week but it's been 1-2 lbs per week since.

I have a good bit to lose so it's easier for me to hit the bigger losses than someone with less to lose. All I'm doing currently is sticking to the plan, writing down what I eat, avoiding any convenience food and I'm not eating any bread (I use weetabix or porridge as my healthy B choice). No cheese as I use milk as my healthy A.

I try to keep all lunches and dinners Syn free and I might have a treat a couple of times a week (like a curly wurly) but I try not to use my syns if I can.

I amn't exercising as such but because I have much more energy I am tending to be busier around the house in the evenings after work and I do more housework, more cooking from scratch etc rather than just vegging in front of the tv most evenings which is what I used to do.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.

I've been off bread now too for the last 3 weeks, I don't miss it because I was never a lover of it, but I would have had one slice a day perhaps.

I am like you, weetabix for breakfast, but I am not a fan of milk so I split my milk allowance in half and use the other half for half a cheese allowance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement