Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

How are you all doing?

I lost the run of myself on Saturday at a family function, and then Sunday was a right off because I had the muchies, I tried to redeem myself a bit yesterday but wasn't great either, the only thing that I am happy with is that I had been good all week previous so it wasn't total carnage.

Today I am back with a bang to it, I am focussed and ready to try again.

The lesson learned though was how yucky I felt in myself when I lessened my fruit, water and veg intake and increased the bread and processed food (and wine) intake.

I'll be back on my bike peddling like a mad wan later.............14 weeks to my first holiday in years...........I would love to loose a stone / tone up for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I had similar too this weekend. Was out for dinner Saturday night (dessert, wine, cocktails) and spent Sunday craving and eating all the things I shouldn't have! (Chips, milkshake).

Got back on track yesterday but it's been a struggle. I'll be lucky to be down on Wednesday night! I also felt like crap because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

ash23 wrote: »
    I had similar too this weekend. Was out for dinner Saturday night (dessert, wine, cocktails) and spent Sunday craving and eating all the things I shouldn't have! (Chips, milkshake).

Got back on track yesterday but it's been a struggle. I'll be lucky to be down on Wednesday night! I also felt like crap because of it.

We've all been there and it sucks. This is where preperation comes into play.

Last time I went out I knew I would come home hungry. I avoided the takeaways on the way up the street and got home to a big plate of Syn Free Spag Bol and wolfed it down. (Beats a Kebab)

The killer of the hangover the next Day. I had Onkel in the freezer and it acted like Ice Cream and had Chips ready to go (syn free) and chicken wings (took the skin off as eating them)

All nice snack to gorge on during the day and with the exception of the yoghurt, all good for you.

Edit: I'd love a kebab :(

MugMugs wrote: »
    This is where preperation comes into play.

(

Yes it does, it's just harder when somebody else is in charge of food preparation and not me.

Another quick question, a lot of people seem to be eating melon at meal times, can anybody explain why?

• Advertisement

Anne Other wrote: »
    Another quick question, a lot of people seem to be eating melon at meal times, can anybody explain why?

It's superspeed.

Super good for you....... and the plan :)

I must go back and look at my books properly and do a refresher on the super speed foods!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Down another 2 and also got my club 10 award tonight super happy :)

WELL DONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Down 5.5lbs at last weigh in.

I seem to be back on track.

Going to a sci fi convention this weekend. So... byebye Slimming World! hah.

• Advertisement

I've missed class last week, this week and will again next week, my only alternative class is on the same time as the one I attend unless I travel 30miles or so.

I find I am only weighing in once every 2-3 weeks.

Part of me feels If I manage well enough without going to class, and weigh in at home once a week, and follow forums like this I will get as much support as attending class once every few weeks.

Is anybody here doing it without going to class, how do you find it?

I am staying for class each week and love it. I really find it motivates me and I've met some lovely people aswell. Also, during talks, someone might have a great idea for a problem I might have (if I'm struggling with a specific issue).

I know I wouldn't do it on my own if I didn't go to class.

I was down half a pound which was ok considering the weekend I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Starlight28

I was down another 1 and half pound last night. I'm delighted. I too stay for the class every week and enjoy it. The tips are great and its a good laugh too.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

Put on half a pound this week. Although this is mainly because I had an entire week of just not following the SW plan at all - so it could have been a lot worse!

I really want to get 4 pounds off in the next 2 weeks to get my stone award before a mini break. I've just had 2 syn-free days with a few 2/3rd super free meals thrown in, so hoping that gives me a little boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Can somebody please explain success express(express success?) Please? From reading different forums online I have read that 2/3 of every meal should be supeefree, 1/3,free and that all of your snacks and anything in between meals should be superspeed. Is that it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Patww79 wrote: »
    From what I remember, you get two A and two B also. It's been 6 months though so it's hazy, but I'm going to try find another class the coming week and this is the plan I'd like to go with personally.

I wouldn't mind doing it for a week or two just to give myself a bit of a boost!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Hello. I started 4 weeks ago. I've lost 4.5lbs and have 24lbs to go. Do any of ye find it hard going? I'm not convinced it's the programme for me, I find it very restrictive. Having to count, weigh, measure everything beyond free foods is starting to become tiresome. Also the whole HExtra B thing is hard, having to chose between porridge and 2 slices of bread.
    finding the weight loss slow. Two out of four weeks I've maintained, even though I've followed the plan.
    So, suppose a little bit disheartened,
    Please don't have a go at me, just wondering are others finding it a bit of a disappointment, when it promises so much.

• Advertisement

I need to go back to the books too and reboot myself about the plan, but I find it very unrestricting by comparison to other programmes and I find it very easy to follow(when I do follow it)

I found it difficult this weekend when my husband took over the cooking for Mother's Day, but I'm drawing a line under it and today is a new start!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Hello. I started 4 weeks ago. I've lost 4.5lbs and have 24lbs to go. Do any of ye find it hard going? I'm not convinced it's the programme for me, I find it very restrictive. Having to count, weigh, measure everything beyond free foods is starting to become tiresome. Also the whole HExtra B thing is hard, having to chose between porridge and 2 slices of bread.
    finding the weight loss slow. Two out of four weeks I've maintained, even though I've followed the plan.
    So, suppose a little bit disheartened,
    Please don't have a go at me, just wondering are others finding it a bit of a disappointment, when it promises so much.

Perhaps you might benefit from sitting in on the new members talk again or going through the book with someone who understands the plan inside out. Sometimes hearing the plan from a different person makes it easier to understand.

Are you staying to the meetings? That's where you will learn about simple syn free recipes and tips. I know some people hate hearing about others losses/gains but bear with it and it will all "Click" into place soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself the last couple weeks, life has been a bit hectic and I've had 2 small gains the last 2 weeks and I'm expecting another tomorrow. All well deserved in fairness but I'm kind of disheartened now. I was doing great the last few months and I don't know how to get back on the wagon! I'm going on hols in few weeks and I really want to lose another bit by then. Hopefully staying for group tomorrow will get me back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I've completely fallen off course! Gained 7 pounds in the last two weeks, mainly due to having a couple of social occasions and being unwell. I was so determined to get back on plan today. I completely stuck to it all day...but then I attacked a packet of penguin bars tonight! I don't know what's wrong with me. I didn't even enjoy them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I've totally gone off track too! The only positive is I haven't gained anything, but boy am I finding it difficult to get into my routine! Tried today, and had a decent breakfast and lunch but haven't had anything since except a hot cross bun!
    Onwards and upwards!

I haven't gone completely off track but I haven't really had time to dedicate to shopping and cooking. I've a free weekend this weekend so I'm going to sit down and plan out my meals for the week and get myself organised. My meeting is on a Wednesday night which I'm finding tough because I'm all motivated but then so busy in work thursday and friday that I haven't time to sit and sort out food for the week. Then the weekend looms and that is a disaster.
    I see my boyfriend on a Saturday night and he LOVES his junk food. So he arrives in laden with crisps and sweets and chocolate, wants to order a takeaway or go out for dinner.......it's not that he's not supportive, he is to an extent. But he's on his feet all day so burns off all the crap he eats. I only have to look at a chocolate bar and I gain.

So I tend to be only starting properly for the week on a Sunday. Which is only giving me 4 days out of 7.
    Meh, I just wish there were more hours in the day.

Cooking shouldn't be a chore.

Get some MugSHots for when you're busy and easily just cook something that night and keep a bit for lunch the next day.
    ash23 wrote: »
    I see my boyfriend on a Saturday night and he LOVES his junk food. So he arrives in laden with crisps and sweets and chocolate, wants to order a takeaway or go out for dinner.......it's not that he's not supportive, he is to an extent. .

You're entitled to a blow out. I am down two stone but still have a blow out once a day every week. Now I don't take the piss but I don't hold back feeling guilty either !

@ash ~ You can have takeaway on the plan.
    If my OH talks about takeaway at the weekend I'm veering him towards Chinese now because I can eat a good few dishes without them being laden with syns.
    There is a list in the back of the book.

I've been off track too, OH has done a lot of the cooking the last few days and he's a great one to lash butter in potatoes etc, cook using oils and while he's not being not supportive he's not helping by cooking, even though on another level he is, so I've to look at the big picture and be thankful for his help.

I am going shopping this evening and stocking up on my superfree foods. I haven't been shopping for a few days and my stocks of reliables to help with the plan are gone.

I am drawing a line under my bad patch, and am refusing to regret the pizza and chipper chips:D they were good while they lasted!

April 1st, my "new quarter resolution" is to get back exercising, drink more water and keep up my food diary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Patww79 wrote: »

I've gone with the online membership. The "pressure" of a weekly weigh in wouldn't provide any extra motivation for me because I'd just skip class if I had a bad week :D I have health problems and when I'm having a hard time with them I do comfort eat, so there's always going to be bad weeks, but I do weigh in myself every week regardless of how bad I've been. I've previously lost 6 stone without any kind of group so I don't see the need for it.

Everything you need to follow the plan is available online. Some people do seem to find group helpful, but as long as you're capable of being honest with yourself you should do fine with online membership. You can always post your loss or gain here every week and we'll hold you accountable for it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement