Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Down 1 pound, got my 7 stone award. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

dobbs2210 wrote: »

Congrats. Thats a fantastic achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Didn't go last week and was up half a pound but I'm happy enough with that. I've been sick and things are stressful here plus easter. .....going to try and be better this week

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Annjan

Congrats dobbs. That is fantastic. I still have not started. I just ate a magnum and a bag of maltesers. I have signed up for an exercise class next week so hope that helps my motivation. I did get my books out and whilst I am following the meals it is the extra rubbish I need to cut out. Terrible sweet tooth.

Ash23 it's stress what makes me eat too. Hope things improve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

7lbs off this week :) I finally started doing a bit of body magic which seems to have paid off! Also did three super speed days. Hopefully I can keep the motivation going now. I'm finding it really tough at the moment.

Whiplash that's fantastic loss. What is body magic and what are the super fast days. Can't see it in my books. Ok it's Monday today so all motivated for a new week. Making other changes in my life which will hopefully help me too.

Annjan wrote: »
    Whiplash that's fantastic loss. What is body magic and what are the super fast days. Can't see it in my books. Ok it's Monday today so all motivated for a new week. Making other changes in my life which will hopefully help me too.

Thanks :) Body magic is exercise. They have four different levels: bronze, silver, gold and platinum. I'm doing the bronze award so you have to exercise on at least three days a week with a total time of at least 45 mins in the week. You do that for 4 consecutive weeks to get the award. I think you can skip the bronze and start off with the silver or gold if you're already active. Obviously the amount of exercise increases at each level.

Super speed is a way of boosting weight loss. Instead of having 1 third of each meal super free food, you have two thirds. You don't use any syns on those days and only use super free foods to snack on. I joined online rather than go to group so sorry if that's not 100% right! My friend who goes to group explained it to me that way.

Thank you for that. I might give that a go. I actually have an online account for sw so will have a look. Need to re familiarise myself with all the foods but have my books out and am reading them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

ash23 wrote: »
    I amn't in that area but I get mine in the local Tesco.

Thanks. Tesco Rathfarnham seems to be very poor in stocking these items, perhaps its too small, but they have a limited product range compared to other tescos. I will try elsewhere, so thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 emmabarnes1980

That is a fantastic achievement. Well done

I've just found this board!
    Really good to see that a lot of people are in the same boat.
    :D

Down 6 and a half pounds today. I'm a half a pound from 7 and a half stone award. I worked harder this week than ever before the results were there to be seen. Slimming world is fantastic. :):):)

Down 6 and a half pounds today. I'm a half a pound from 7 and a half stone award. I worked harder this week than ever before the results were there to be seen. Slimming world is fantastic. :):):)

Well done! You must be so proud of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Well done what a great achievement. Im 2 stone 2 pounds down now but feel im stuck at that for awhile now, do you do superspeed days or anything in the week? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

I'm back and up!

But on track (with a minor stress flop yesterday)

Couldn't exercise yesterday but will today.

I couldn't believe how awful sluggish and rotten I felt when I wasn't eating well.

Congrats on the losses.

I've lost 18lb so far, have more to go, but feel I am hitting a brick wall at the minute too.
    I am under a lot of pressure at work at the moment so OH is doing a lot of the food preparation to help and it's not very helpful in SW terms. I am hoping the exercise, water and fruit will help.

Morning all. I'm down 1lb and feel I'm back in the zone. Thanks for the body magic tip. I signed up to the walk across the Chanel so I have 12km completed. Delighted and feeling not as sluggish or tired so I can relate to what you are saying ann other. Well done on the losses.

These are really good results, Dobbs, WELL DONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Does anybody know is the wheat and gluten free bread that is in aldi, the small little loaf(same size as hovis nimble), counted as a healthy extra? I can't remember the name of it so I'm hoping some of you know what I'm talking about :)

2.5 pounds down this week :) Delighted as I went slightly over my syns twice, and had all 15 syns every other day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Gee_G wrote: »
    Does anybody know is the wheat and gluten free bread that is in aldi, the small little loaf(same size as hovis nimble), counted as a healthy extra? I can't remember the name of it so I'm hoping some of you know what I'm talking about :)

Compare the fibre amount in each. Thats what counts.

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Compare the fibre amount in each. Thats what counts.

I threw out my hovis wrapper. I will compare them again or look into more online later. I just thought someone might know off hand. Thanks.

Anne,
    That is a very good website, thanks so much!

Down 6 pounds, 1.5 pound to go to 8 stone award. Yippee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Super super SUPER congrats!! I hit 8 stone loss 2 weeks ago, its an AMAZING feeling, never though I would see the day! I cant describe how good it feels to have the weight gone, Im sure it agree it is well worth it!!! Hope you plan on treating yourself to some nice new clothes to celebrate, you should be so proud!

Well done to you both. Oh my god. 8 stone is a fantastic achievement!! You should be very proud of yourselves. I can only hope I achieve half of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

How long did that take

I'm a newbie with alot to lose , approx 6 stone

How long did that take

I started in mid November 2013

• Advertisement

I started in mid November 2013

So 7 months wow

Well done , superb weight los