Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Dreading my weigh in tomorrow! I did the darkness into light 5k this morning, and then went to McDonalds for breakfast :( Hoping I still might manage to maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Down 10lbs in a month pretty happy with myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I hope its OK to post this here, but for anyone that is looking for the Fakeaways book you can purchase a PDF file of it in eBay.co.UK for 99p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Half a pound up this week :( Glad it wasn't more though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Have gone completely off the wagon the last month. Was lucky enough to only gain 2lbs. Was sick with a bad chest infection, off work for three weeks and moved house so my routine was out the window and I wasn't cooking as everything was boxed up and all over the place.

Finding it tough to get back on track to be honest and I've been skipping staying for meetings because I seem to have things on every evening relating to the house (people coming to measure, fit, deliver etc)

Am hoping this will be the last week off track. Meeting on Wed and planning on staying for it and trying to get the motivation back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

Hi I'm new to this thread, just lookin for a bit of advice, at slimming world 3 weeks and was hopeing to start doing 3 days a week of just super speed foods and was hopeing for a few suggestions of things to eat for dinner, and during the day thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

house45 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to this thread, just lookin for a bit of advice, at slimming world 3 weeks and was hopeing to start doing 3 days a week of just super speed foods and was hopeing for a few suggestions of things to eat for dinner, and during the day thanks

Your book will tell you all the SS foods but I wouldn't recommend eating just those foods for 3 days. It's all about balance and you wouldn't get that with just SS foods. It would just lead you to overeat afterwards.

At 3 weeks in I'd suggest you look up the recipes on the website and you will get loads of ideas there. Minimins and slimmingeats are two good sites to get tasty meal/lunch choices too.

Slimmingworld isn't a quick fix, but have found it great for sticking to (well most of the time...) longterm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

I am back on the wagon again after a most majestic fall.

For the last month work has been a nightmare and I've just eaten my way through it, I've rarely cooked, have had easy options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.

I stood on the scales this morning and I'm about 7lb over where I was a month ago, so I am going to nip it in the bud from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Well I joined back up last night and much to my horror, I'm at my heaviest ever :( sob.

I am so determined to get going properly this time..have my little shop in for my lunches. Hopefully I'll be able to stick to it this time. Really did get a shock...anyways onwards and upwards. No point in being negative and disappointed at this stage.

I used to keep a food diary on here but they shut us down years agao so Ive started a new one over at Minimins..anyone else from here over there?

minimins is blocked for me through work, and I find at work is where I keep myself on track more at lunch and tea break, it's when I could log on with no fuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

down 1/2 a pound not great but considering the week i have had I'm pretty happy with it. Now my goal for next week is to be down 2.5 pounds and have a stone off.

A loss is a loss!

I've been fairly good so far this week, I am sticking to it, and have used my syns every day.

As I am trying to loose what I've previously lost and regained in a few short weeks I can see the loss already on the scales and it's only a few days being back on track, but I was eating a ferocious amount.

I have about 5lb to get back to where I was last time I went to class and I feel I can get there soon.

Lashing in the water I find really helps.

Does anyone know if there are any syns in a portion of noodles from the Chinese?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Just lately I'm getting strong cravings to drink coffee, never drank coffee in my life. I'm now drinking two cups of coffee a day, instant cofee, skimmed milk and two stevia sweetners.

Just wondering what syns are in them and is it ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Just lately I'm getting strong cravings to drink coffee, never drank coffee in my life. I'm now drinking two cups of coffee a day, instant cofee, skimmed milk and two stevia sweetners.

Just wondering what syns are in them and is it ok??

The stevia and coffee is free, so would just be the milk you would need to syn. I find the best way is to have a particular container of milk specifically for milk for the week so you know how much syns you have used!

-5lbs down in my first week! So happy :)

Down 9.5 pounds this week, got my 8 and a half stone award, just 4 pounds to target. Life changing. SlimmingWorld has completely transformed my life.

Down 9.5 pounds this week, got my 8 and a half stone award, just 4 pounds to target. Life changing. SlimmingWorld has completely transformed my life.

9.5 lbs in one week? Holy moly...how on earth do you do that??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

How the fook 9.5 ? Wtf

What do u weight now ?

Fantastic numbers

-2.5 for me

Wasn't easy guys, walk 10km in the am, swim 36 lengths of my pool every evening as well as a 5km walk at night. Eat loads of fruit and drink 3 litres of water every day in between a really healthy breakfast, lunch (soup, salad, eggs, beans etc), and healthy dinner , fish and lean meat no oil, butter and plenty of veg and potatoes.
    Don't eat any bread, oils, sauces, butter, cheese,
    I use Small amounts of skimmed milk. Dont eat take aways, fried food, chips, fizzy drinks, sugar food. All healthy food.
    I actually have 10.5 stone lost in total as i had two stone lost before joining slimming world.

• Advertisement

Could you possibly post up a normal days eating so we could see?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

10k every am or once a week ?

10km every morning at 6.00am generally do 36 lengths of the pool straight after if i have time before work. Then 5k in the evening every day 7 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Just starting slimming world this week with my wife. I've been a yoyo dieter for years and have been up and down two stone over the last few years.

I was close to 15 stone last Sept after doing a major charity event. I stepped on the scales yesterday morning and i was 17 stone - 2 pounds :(

The hard work has started but the only thing i don't like is not getting extra calories etc with exercise. I do a lot of it and just hope i'm not too hungry after a good session.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just starting slimming world this week with my wife. I've been a yoyo dieter for years and have been up and down two stone over the last few years.

I was close to 15 stone last Sept after doing a major charity event. I stepped on the scales yesterday morning and i was 17 stone - 2 pounds :(

The hard work has started but the only thing i don't like is not getting extra calories etc with exercise. I do a lot of it and just hope i'm not too hungry after a good session.

There is so much free food on SW that you wont be hungry so try to get out of that frame of mind. With SW there is so much to eat that's free and filling, so for that reason it is a great plan.
    It can take a few weeks to get your head completely around the plan but once you do its brill. There are so many recipes and lovely things to make that are completely free you wont know yourself.

Def sign up online as there are loads of hints and tips and millions of recipes too.

Just shout if you have any queries as it took me a while to get it all on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Eat healthy . Learn basics of nutrition. Don't eat junk .

Also do not assume that wearing addidas stretchy pants and fancy running shoes will make you lose weight without exercising ffs it's getting past funny seeing this new fashion .

Slimming world and the Like will get you nowhere, why??? Because if you can't do it by yourself without a group support then you never will.

Not rude, just factual.

Enjoy national chipper day .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

italodisco wrote: »

Also do not assume that wearing addidas stretchy pants and fancy running shoes will make you lose weight without exercising ffs it's getting past funny seeing this new fashion .

Slimming world and the Like will get you nowhere, why??? Because if you can't do it by yourself without a group support then you never will.

Not rude, just factual.

Yeah you're right... Slimming World doesn't work.

Ohh look I'm 5 stone down in a year. How did that happen?
    Must have been those magic beans...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

MrVestek wrote: »
    Yeah you're right... Slimming World doesn't work.

Ohh look I'm 5 stone down in a year. How did that happen?
    Must have been those magic beans...

See how quick you put it back on when you leave .

Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Not rude, just factual.

Just trolling more accurately. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

See how quick you put it back on when you leave .

Fact.

I follow the slimming world concept / method myself. I don't go to a class. Never have. Don't have group weigh ins etc, don't have group support. Down over 3 stone now.

Where is my weight loss coming from ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement