Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registered for three repeats

Options
  • 23-09-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

im registered for three repeats, i currently have 40 creduts from stage one, would i be able to drop one repeat and progress to stage 2 by only doing two repeats ie 50 creidts? when will i have to make up for the other 10 credits?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, you can progress to Stage 2 with 50 credits. The leftover credits from stage 1 will have to be made up later. You won't graduate until you have completed them. Tbh though since you are taking 6 months to a year out to do these repeats, you are foolish not to do them all at once and get them out of the way. Also if any of the failed modules are core modules, you are going to encounter problems down the road.

Would you be eligible to compensate the remaining credits?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

well i cant really afford to take 3 repeats this semester tbh, so ive i can drop one i will

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If one of them is a resit, you can drop it this semester and do it as a full repeat (with classes, assessment, exam, etc) next semester provided it's offered then. Look in the repeat section of module registration on SISweb.

but on my sis web, theere isnt an option to drop it anymore? will i have to go to the student desk? yes its a repeat

Strange. Registration should be open until 5 pm today.

• Advertisement

yea it still there.. do you know how to work out the gpa when hoping to compensate 3 modules? i was hoping to only repeat one and compensate the other three.. my current gpa at 40 credits is 2.23

I'm not sure tbh. You should contact a student advisor. You can email them. They are really nice and will be able to advise you better than anyone here.

Advertisement