Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best stand alone broadband package

• 23-09-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi guys... Wondering if any of you guys can recommend a good broadband package. I got rid of Eircom because they overcharged me a few times. Im looking for a stand alone package without a phone line... Any info or reviews would be great....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

UPC, nothing else comes close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

alan kelly wrote: »
    Hi guys... Wondering if any of you guys can recommend a good broadband package. I got rid of Eircom because they overcharged me a few times. Im looking for a stand alone package without a phone line... Any info or reviews would be great....

UPC is a good bet here. Dongles, in general, are crap and that includes Imagine Wimax.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Giz1007

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056100232

check above

It depends what you want and more importantly where your located.

Fastest is UPC by Far, Fibre is really the only way to go.
    Digiweb Metro next up if you have LOS (Line of Sight) to their masts.

I've seen that people are not happy with any of the ADSL providers. I guess because it's the eircom network and they are only reselling.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Cheers guys... Am living in Balbriggan so UPC dont do broadband... Have gotten rid of my phoneline so im guessing wireless is my only option...???

Advertisement