Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Database creation

Options
  • 23-09-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi I'm starting my database of customers at the moment. I have it in excel. But I want to be able to exclude an email or phone number. For example if a person emails me and tells me that they don't want to be on our mailing list that's fine I can take them out, but if they get back on? How do I deal with that, any way to to on excel. Or is there a website I can use for my database, that is secure of course.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Excel is hardly Open Source ...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I think this might be better in the developer section.
    Moving...

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Have a flag with an integer value and name it 'mailing list'. If the user wants to subscribe, set the cell value to 1 otherwise zero.

When you're generating your mailing list, filter value and set to 1, extract email addresses and send.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

If this is something you intend to do by hand - you can use something like Google Docs. It's free and it's online (so you can worry less about things like your hard-drive failing and losing the important spreadsheet).

I agree with OREGATO's suggestion - have another column called 'MailingList' and a value that indicates if they get mail or not.

Advertisement