Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modern Jensen Interceptor on the way...

• 23-09-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Flying_Pig.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Me like.
    I used to occasionally see a sky-blue Interceptor around South Dublin, loverly V8 rumble...mmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thats a class design and very much carries the old interceptor look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

You can already get a rejuvenated one, with better running gear etc, which is far nicer than some modern attempt to use it's name for something not very closely related to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    You can already get a rejuvenated one, with better running gear etc, which is far nicer than some modern attempt to use it's name for something not very closely related to it.

Are we not allowed have new cars? :)

• Advertisement

Are we not allowed have new cars? :)

Yes, but that one doesn't exist. I can't help thinking though that this, if it was even made would just be another car along the lines of the string of new versions of classic muscle cars like the camaro, which as still cool, and undoubtedly fun, but they're only really copying the real thing, and being sold on the basis of them looking a bit like the really cool 60s and 70s originals.

An original design interceptor refreshed with better brakes, suspension etc and more power would be far cooler.

May be fair cooler, but I'm fairly sure if they created a new model it would be alot better in every single way. Lots of people don't want classic cars, nor have any interest. If we don't get new cars, we won't have any future classics!

May be fair cooler, but I'm fairly sure if they created a new model it would be alot better in every single way. Lots of people don't want classic cars, nor have any interest. If we don't get new cars, we won't have any future classics!

Why not just be a bit more creative and make an entirely new "classic inspired" new car if someone wanted to go down that road. True it wouldn't be able to use the name and memory/reputation of the old car to help sales, but if it was realy SO great it should be able to find it's feet under it's own name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

It'd be better if it had a third dimension and slightly less silly-sized wheels.

We never complained with the Db6's, 7's, 8's and 9's so I can't see what calling it an Interceptor is a problem :)

• Advertisement

We never complained with the Db6's, 7's, 8's and 9's so I can't see what calling it an Interceptor is a problem :)

For one thing they were continuously evolving, coming out as a new model with a new name, even if only a number, and not a resurrection of a model that has long since been abandoned and ceased production. I never said it shouldn't or can't exist or wouldn't be good, but it's just a pity they couldn't just come up with something new, even if the Jensen brand was used, but make it a new car with a new name.
    Just seems a bit false to me pretending it's a continuation of the same design or automotive "bloodline"

If it was made to look like the Interceptor, with lines like above, and then named anything else people would complain and call it a copy of it!

If it was made to look like the Interceptor, with lines like above, and then named anything else people would complain and call it a copy of it!

FFS I don't mean make it look like an Interceptor and call it something else I mean when designing a "classic looking" modern car to bring out, design a NEW car from scratch and give it design features that remind people of styling from that era, a NEW design, not a pretend continuation of a long dead model.

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    FFS I don't mean make it look like an Interceptor and call it something else I mean when designing a "classic looking" modern car to bring out, design a NEW car from scratch and give it design features that remind people of styling from that era, a NEW design, not a pretend continuation of a long dead model.

You're confusing me.

The above is a a "new" Interceptor, looks like the old one, I don't see the problem.

You're confusing me.

The above is a a "new" Interceptor, looks like the old one, I don't see the problem.

It must be easy to do so....

Of course that is supposed to be a "new" Interceptor. My point is that it seems a bit of a cheap shot to resurrect the name of a long dead car and make a modern pastiche of it rather than even just saying "ok we're going to resurrect the Jensen badge and bring out a new car with classic styling" then give it it's own name and it's own styling, that just looks old and isn't an imitation of an existing classic design. It would more creative and the memory/legacy of a great car would be left alone and not pillaged just to make some money.

I know where you're coming from but like the "new Miura", the only thing to call it was a Miura. Anything else and it would just of been silly IMO.

1580404370_9c7db97af9.jpg

I know where you're coming from but like the "new Miura", the only thing to call it was a Miura. Anything else and it would just of been silly IMO.

That again is different in a way as that company was still going in full production of new cars. So it wasn't as if it was a dead/dormant brand and long dead model, true the model had ceased years ago but the brand was still going, despite being quite different in it's make-up and backing to what it once was. That car too though needs to have less horrific looking wheels.
    I still don't agree with making a new version of an old car that mimics the looks of the old one though. I'm unlikely ever to be buying one but I'd prefer if the new old looking lambo had been brought out styled like an old car, but one that they hadn't made before.

A sort of homage to the cars of those days without actually copying one, which would no doubt be difficult as the Miura is a beautiful design, but it still would have been more creative. I feel the same way about the Ford GT for example, no matter how silly yet still awesome it is.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree :)

I think we'll have to agree to disagree :)

That was inevitable. :pac:

Though it may be too late now for the thread to recover from the fact that is was pretty much just us debating something that we're never going to agree on. Interesting though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

1580404370_9c7db97af9.jpg

Just :D

• Advertisement

Actually, the back of that reminds me of the new A7! Somewhat...

Actually, the back of that reminds me of the new A7! Somewhat...

it is somehow quite audi alright, i had just been wondering about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

The memories! My day had a jenson interceptor when I was a kid.

Love that blue colour. Now to check my lotto numbers :)

Advertisement