Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old man's weirdo behaviour freaking me out

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

gavredking wrote: »
    I'm going to say hes a sex offender in hiding.

You will answer for that sometime in your life if you're lucky or ....That's an Idiot Comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Maybe he does'nt want to be looking at "Fat Slags".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Maybe his game is to freek you out. I know some elderly people find it very funny to freek out younger people. It's more likely to be mental issues, maybe he feels threatened by you for some unknown reason. Try saying hello to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Ask him for a loan of his newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Sounds like a really long-term game of Peek-a-boo. The kids love Peek-a-boo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

cofy wrote: »
    Maybe his game is to freek you out. I know some elderly people find it very funny to freek out younger people. It's more likely to be mental issues, maybe he feels threatened by you for some unknown reason. Try saying hello to him.

I'm thinking mental issues of some kind is probably the most likely thing - I'd hate to think anyone would feel threatened by me, but maybe if he's an old man who lives alone, two girls smoking on the street near his house freaks him out. I definitely won't be saying hello to him as I suspect he might find this even more threatening/upsetting. I wish we could find somewhere else to stand but we can't smoke in our flat so not a lot of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Haven't you heard? The speed of light has been broken, that makes time travel not only possible but compulsory.

He's your future son, he just wanted to see what you looked like before "the accident". :eek:

Is it possible he's autistic? many autistic people have problems making eye contact with people, it can actually really upset some when you do it. maybe you should consider it could be something like that, and leave the guy alone.

We've never done anything to the man, so I'm not sure what you mean by leaving him alone. Maybe he is autistic and that's what all this is about. Thank you for the suggestion, that's why I posted the question - for ideas about what could be causing him to act like this, so that it doesn't freak me out as much.

that is odd behaviour, it would make sense in some way (not that it would) if you knew him from years back , say if you or your family fell out with him and he didn't want to be recognised by you if case you told your family.

i'd say someone needs to have a word with him , your brother or your OH , id have a word with him myself except that you are so far away (presuming you are in cork going by the location with your username) i could pm you maybe ?

That would make sense alright, but I'm not from Cork so I don't really have a history around these parts. I don't really want to engage with him so I wouldn't ask anyone to speak to him but thanks for the offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

This is a bizarre post but I really would like other people's opinions on my weirdo neighbour's bizarre behaviour...

So there's an old man who lives next door to my apartment building. Never even noticed him until this freaky **** started a few weeks ago - he came out his gate and walked past us with a newspaper held up to hide his face from off. Several times me and my flatmate have seen him walk past our window with the newspaper held up too. Now if it was a once off I wouldn't think anything of, or alternatively if he did it all the time I wouldn't take it personally - but as of today we're 100% sure this is just for us. He walked past as we were outside smoking and as soon as he passed us he took the newspaper down. He walked past his gate and kept going so I peeped around the corner to see what he was up to - only to see him turn around, realise that I was looking at him and promptly throw the newspaper back up in front of his face. WTF?

Any suggestions as to what on earth is going through this man's head? Having seen his face today I know that I don't recognise him at all, so it's definitely not someone I've ever had a run in with. We're totally freaked out by this and not really sure what's going on - any help?!

Right, let me get this straight, there's a weird bloke that sticks his newspaper up to his face when he's walking past you and you're extremely frightened by this?

I think you're the one who needs help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Maybe you have leprosy? ;)

Laisurg wrote: »
    Right, let me get this straight, there's a weird bloke that sticks his newspaper up to his face when he's walking past you and you're extremely frightened by this?

I think you're the one who needs help.

Maybe so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,051 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

smoking, second hand smoke from two nut jobs permantly stalking old man who wants to protect his lungs by covering nasal and mouth entries with newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭veloc123

It is Dom Jolly from Trigger Happy TV......you have brief case to swap...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Could be doing it for the LOLs to freak you out, old men have a lot of time on their hands.

You could just be hideously unpleasant to look at OP

• Registered Users Posts: 17 inurface

either he's (a) a sex offender, (b) bertie or (c) seanie fitz.

not sure which one is worse...

i'd start looking for a new place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Do the exact same next time he's passing, put your hand over your face Martin Cahill Stylee!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

inurface wrote: »
    either he's (a) a sex offender, (b) bertie or (c) seanie fitz.

not sure which one is worse...

i'd start looking for a new place to live.

:eek: hahaha god i hate my name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

OP,
    Same kind of guy lives in my friend apt ( Long hat, coat) always hiding face and if see anyone coming turns around.
    there is a good chance you are living in same apt as my friend. he lives on the apartment on quays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

We've never done anything to the man, so I'm not sure what you mean by leaving him alone. Maybe he is autistic and that's what all this is about. Thank you for the suggestion, that's why I posted the question - for ideas about what could be causing him to act like this, so that it doesn't freak me out as much.

I meant leave him alone as in don't think such mean things about him. he's not doing you any harm, you don't have to be around him, just stop staring at him and you needn't be freaked out any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

do you wear tracksuit bottoms tucked into your socks

Advertisement