Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident in Eyre Square

Options
  • 23-09-2011 1:15pm

I'm just after arriving into Eyre Square and the top of it is blocked off by police, with a Farrell Travel bus in the middle, the windscreen smashed. Anyone have any information?

Also if you are thinking of going into town, have an alternate route planned out as traffic is blocked up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,903 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Advertiser Facebook reporting someone got hit by the bus...

mars bar wrote: »
    Advertiser Facebook reporting someone got hit by the bus...

I was thinking that. Hope whoever it was that got hit is alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

AA reporting that gardai are on scene and that they wont be opening the road until 7PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

A man was hit by a bus. Walked by it when the ambulance was on the scene. Hope he will be ok. Looked like a man in his 20's

AA reporting that gardai are on scene and that they wont be opening the road until 7PM!

That's really not a good sign for whoever got hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I hope that the injured person will be ok.

No traffic is allowed to turn left at Richardson's towards the Imperial.

That put's almost all buses heading west and all eyre square taxis out of commission.

Traffic is also backed up onto the Tesco Roundabout.

dilallio wrote: »
    I hope that the injured person will be ok.

No traffic is allowed to turn left at Richardson's towards the Imperial.

That put's almost all buses heading west and all eyre square taxis out of commission.

Traffic is also backed up onto the Tesco Roundabout.

Buses to Merlin Park, Lisbeg Lawn and I assume Ballybane have been diverted to Woodquay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Seems he's been seriously hurt too :(

From Galwaynews.ie:
    A man's been seriously hurt after he was knocked down in Eyre Square this afternoon.
    He was taken to UHG after being hit by a bus at the top of the Square just before 1 o'clock.

A technical examination is being carried out as we speak and there are a number of diversions in place.

The North side of the Square has been completly closed off which means there's no access from Eglinton Street and Forster Street.

The technical exam is expected to take a few hours and the closure won't be lifted until it's finished.

Link: http://www.galwaynews.ie/21723-man-knocked-down-eyre-square

I can't imagine the bus was traveling that fast, but judging by the damage done to the windscreen whoever it was got an Almighty whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Does anyone know what the situation is regarding buses going west from Eyre Square?

• Advertisement

Jesus. The Dublin Road is just one long traffic jam stretching from GMIT to the Eye. Avoid where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

This has been updated to say "Eyre Square North in Galway City has completely reopened following a serious incident. All diversions have lifted."

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch/Story.aspx?id=101535

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

A mate of mine saw it. He is convinced the guy bite the dust then and there. A terrible accident.

I hope this isn't the case. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 teaglei

god i really hope hes ok, saw the scene before the ambulance got there, sent shivers up my spine was just tragic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Hope he's okay, doesn't sound too good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 greenlunchbox

what do you mean it was tragic? like could you see what had happened/whether he was badly injured or not?? and what age he looked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tasha200

How tragic do we want it to be? It, is a friend of mine and he is being transported to beaumont.
    Prayers please for his mother x

what kind of question is that. we want to know WHO it is and whether or not its as serious as people are making it out to be. i hope he IS ok. obviously.

It is obviously so serious that galway hospital does not have the facilites to treat him...
    What do you want a name like?
    The bus window was not intact, it doesnt take much imagination to realise a bus hitting a human with enough impact to cause a road to be closed off is fairly serious

jesus christ.

• Advertisement

what kind of question is that. we want to know WHO it is and whether or not its as serious as people are making it out to be. i hope he IS ok. obviously.

No we do not want to know who it is and unless his name is released on the media, nobody is allowed to name the person here.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

did this person cross use the pedestrian crossing, or just run across in front of the bus. if the answer is the latter,then the bus company should sue him for damage to the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭IdidIt

Weylin wrote: »
    did this person cross use the pedestrian crossing, or just run across in front of the bus. if the answer is the latter,then the bus company should sue him for damage to the bus.

You're obviously trolling, but I can't see how you would find writing that even a little funny.

I hope he pulls through.

IdidIt wrote: »
    You're obviously trolling, but I can't see how you would find writing that even a little funny.

I hope he pulls through.
    no. i an giving my opinion on what happen,just because it dosent suit you, thats your problem. if this guy survives he will try and sue for damages,the bus company is fully entitled to counter sue. the first question his solociter will ask him is ,did you use the crossing? yes/no.

weylin, ask your mother

tasha200 wrote: »
    weylin, ask your mother
    what a brilliant contribution to the thread :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭IdidIt

Weylin wrote: »
    no. i an giving my opinion on what happen,just because it dosent suit you, thats your problem. if this guy survives he will try and sue for damages,the bus company is fully entitled to counter sue. the first question his solociter will ask him is ,did you use the crossing? yes/no.

I'm sorry for claiming that you're trolling but when you visit a thread about someone getting badly injured and people commenting on the thread know the person it seems in bad taste to bring up weather the injured person was in the wrong... but maybe I'm being a little PC.

see this is the problem, people are throwing in mindless comments without giving accurate info. all i want to know is whether or not i know this person and if he's ok! itl have to be tomorrow's paper

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DvFrn

Was Bernard driving the bus? Thoughts are with them...

• Advertisement

see this is the problem, people are throwing in mindless comments without giving accurate info. all i want to know is whether or not i know this person and if he's ok! itl have to be tomorrow's paper

If you knew the person personally, you'd probably know by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement