Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident in Eyre Square

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tasha200

see this is the problem, people are throwing in mindless comments without giving accurate info. all i want to know is whether or not i know this person and if he's ok! itl have to be tomorrow's paper

If you knew the person you would have been informed by now no?
    I dont know what papers you read but how and ever the people who do know him and his family are grateful for your thoughts and best wishes at this horrific time x

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

DvFrn wrote: »
    Was Bernard driving the bus? Thoughts are with them...
    agree with you ....how somebody cant see a large bus....painted the most visible colour.... and walk across the road directly in front of it is beyond the scope of most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Weylin wrote: »
    agree with you ....how somebody cant see a large bus....painted the most visible colour.... and walk across the road directly in front of it is beyond the scope of most people.

Really and truly ,accidents happen... leave it be.
    Have this conversation with your friends in the pub. It's perfectly conceivable this mans friends and family use this forum. Have a bit of respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 greenlunchbox

look i lost 2 mates in a car accident a few years back and haven't got my phone on me today so its irritating when u want to know who the person is and all people keep doing is commenting on how horrible it all is.

Have this conversation with your friends in the pub. It's perfectly conceivable this mans friends and family use this forum. Have a bit of respect.[/QUOTE]
    respect has nothing to do with it. a bus driver will possibly lose his job/licience, never drive again,all because some [EMAIL="idio@t"]idio@t[/EMAIL] decided he was going to cross the road,with total disregard for all concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

look i lost 2 mates in a car accident a few years back and haven't got my phone on me today so its irritating when u want to know who the person is and all people keep doing is commenting on how horrible it all is.

I can understand that. I think everyone is wondering/worrying if they know the person and hoping for their recovery. Boards isn't the place for anyone close to find out names though. Someone would email you or mention it on fb if it was a friend by now.
    Have this conversation with your friends in the pub. It's perfectly conceivable this mans friends and family use this forum. Have a bit of respect.[/QUOTE]
    respect has nothing to do with it. a bus driver will possibly lose his job/licience, never drive again,all because some [EMAIL="idio@t"]idio@t[/EMAIL] decided he was going to cross the road,with total disregard for all concerned.

You've no idea what happened. Keep your thoughts to yourself. That is more respectful to everyone for now, including the driver whose life is probably destroyed tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,903 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fair enough, you'd be anxious to know. That's understandable. However, from what I understand, even if any of us did know the name we wouldn't be allowed to post it here if it hasn't already been released to the media. You probably could via PM but not in a thread. So all we can do on this thread is send our best wishes and sympathise for the family as they will have a long road ahead of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

no. i an giving my opinion on what happen,just because it dosent suit you, thats your problem. if this guy survives he will try and sue for damages,the bus company is fully entitled to counter sue. the first question his solociter will ask him is ,did you use the crossing? yes/no.

wrong.

Pedestrians have right of way anywhere even if they walk out onto a public road, a car has to yield to them.

Take your trolling BS elsewhere.

Some guy is in Beamount tonight fighting for his life ffs!

I can understand that. I think everyone is wondering/worrying if they know the person and hoping for their recovery. Boards isn't the place for anyone close to find out names though. Someone would email you or mention it on fb if it was a friend by now.

You've no idea what happened. Keep your thoughts to yourself. That is more respectful to everyone for now, including the driver whose life is probably destroyed tonight too.

actually i do know the bus driver.and no i wont keep my thoughts to myself.

skelliser wrote: »
    wrong.

Pedestrians have right of way anywhere even if they walk out onto a public road, a car has to yield to them.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Da_Doc

My prayers go out to him. Hope he pulls through

• Registered Users Posts: 23 awedf

When I was in Eyre Square earlier just after it happened there were 2 ambulance's attending to the man on the ground, by the looks of the damage to the bus he got hit hard on the head. I hope he pulls though, best wishes to the family.
    wrong.

lol just lol......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

Only hearing this now, god i hope he pulls through, best wishes to the family and friends

On another note:
    wrong.

No they don't, thats crazy talk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I hope the person who was hit and the driver/passagers are going to be okay.
    I don't know which way the bus was going and it does not matter but I still find it hard to remember that traffic comes down from Richardsons now. For donkeys years it was always the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

well show me a case in ireland where a pedestrian was found to be at fault and insurance was paid out accordingly and il retract my statement.
    a soon as a pedestrian steps out onto a road they have right of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

no. i an giving my opinion on what happen,just because it dosent suit you, thats your problem. if this guy survives he will try and sue for damages,the bus company is fully entitled to counter sue. the first question his solociter will ask him is ,did you use the crossing? yes/no.

You've been constantly trolling this website since you opened your account. Would you ever just get out.

Reported, for the third time in as many days.

ok fair enough i and anyone else wondering will find out tomorrow i guess, until then prayers are with anyone affected by the incident. that the guy who was hit is ok is the main thing

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

greenlunchbox is some tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

This is a f*cking train wreck of a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Hope that the injured person makes a recovery.

Actually can't believe some of the comments on here, I pity the people who encounter ye on a daily basis, show some respect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

the man who got hit is my cousin, never went to beaumont,was some stupid rumours flying around, he fractured his skull yes,never left galway, is expected to make full recovery over time.

to the knobs posting **** on here.. would you if it were a person related to you?

lock this up please mods as i dont want more crap written about him.

pm me if you want some kind of verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

barone wrote: »
    the man who got hit is my cousin, never went to beaumont,was some stupid rumours flying around, he fractured his skull yes,never left galway, is expected to make full recovery over time.

Good to hear that barone.

Definitely time to lock this thread before anymore cretinous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Glad to hear your cousin is expected to make a full recovery Barone:)

My dad suffered a fractured skull when he was 65 after being hit by a car and he made a full recovery as well so it is very possible. Your cousin also has youth on his side so best wishes again

Wow - when I started this thread it was just to find out what happened, mainly because I didn't realize Gardai blocked off an area after someone got knocked over, but also it was to warn people to seek alternate routes. Now it's turned into some massive troll-fest. For shame to those involved!

The accident also opened my eyes because it could so easily have been me - or any number of us - because a lot of us are guilty with crossing roads like that.

Glad to hear he could make a full recovery, barone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

For what it's worth, a motorised vehicle MUST yield to pedestrians - If you don't believe me, look up the Irish Statue Book and prove me wrong. It's crazy (and I strongly disagree with it), but it's the law in Ireland

barone - Don't let a serious injury think that your cousin will never recover. I was told i'd probably never walk again after a serious accident a few years ago, I fairly proved those muppet doctors wrong :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

JohnCleary wrote: »
    For what it's worth, a motorised vehicle MUST yield to pedestrians - If you don't believe me, look up the Irish Statue Book and prove me wrong. It's crazy (and I strongly disagree with it), but it's the law in Ireland

barone - Don't let a serious injury think that your cousin will never recover. I was told i'd probably never walk again after a serious accident a few years ago, I fairly proved those muppet doctors wrong :pac:

too early to tell as of yet but signs are good

thanks ya'll

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

JohnCleary wrote: »
    For what it's worth, a motorised vehicle MUST yield to pedestrians - If you don't believe me, look up the Irish Statue Book and prove me wrong.
    You are wrong. :D

There is an onus on a pedestrian to OBEY a traffic light if the pedestrian is within 15m of one. Once the pedestrian is more than 15m away they can legally wander all over the road if they like.

You asked for statute, best read it :)

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1997/en/si/0182.html#zzsi182y1997a46

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

barone wrote: »
    is expected to make full recovery over time.

That's terrific news barone - I hope he is back on his feet and home with you all very soon :)

greenlunchbox is some tit.

go **** yourself ya

• Advertisement

baron, thats the best news i've heard all month. this thread is ridiculous, something like this is always bound to stir emotions (myself included!) but if people want to discuss rules of the road any further, it should be done in a new thread under "road saftey" or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement