Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Culture Day

Options
  • 23-09-2011 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

Anyone heading to Salthill for the SeaSky exhibitions. Will be heading out myself later though I expect the astronomy telescopes may be let down by the weather.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I was thinking of heading down. Do you know what time it's on til?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

It is on until 11pm. various events in the aquarium and leisureland. Their is a fire juggler and drum group on the beach from 9 until 10 pm. Also various shows on every hour and there is a planetarium. From dusk until 11 pm Galway Astronomical club is on the promenade

Full details of the programme is available at sea2sky.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

See that Galway City Museum is open until 8pm as well with a couple of events

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I was going to head out to Salthill first and then check out the stuff in town, but I might do it the other way around now and wait til it gets dark to head out to Salthill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Was there earlier. It brought out my inner child :) I was fascinated by some guy spinning a bicycle wheel with very little effort.

I'm considering heading to the free dance classes at 8pm in woodquay, but before that I'll be in Dangan playing Pacman :pac: there is a free bus

www.galwayculturenight.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah will be in Salthill tonight so will definitely check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Went out to Leisureland - as said above, felt like a child again. Well done to the organisers etc. - it's great to see these things (for free esp.) in Galway, both fun and educational

I had a look out on the Salthill beaches and didn't see anything happening - was that part of it cancelled because of the weather?

Advertisement