Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 random Tesco clearance lines

Comments

nm wrote: »
    Has anyone seen that angle grinder anywhere?
    Clarehall had a couple of them 2 weeks ago.

Clearwater (Finglas) had a load of them the other day (Friday I think?). But they were marked at €22.

In Clarehall, they were marked at 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

mik_da_man wrote: »
    well if Tesco had the correct prices on the shelf we wouldn't have to go scanning the stuff ourselves :cool:

But then it wouldn't feel like a treasure hut any more. Most of the deals would have been gone on the first day - if Tesco staff hadn't nabbed them first. That's not a criticism of the staff I'd do the same. Fair play to anyone that can find a working scanner but really the stuff should be put back where it belongs.

I always put items back after price checking because I normally go back to get another item to check :P

Agree about the treasure hunt point, its great scanning something and getting a low price :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

davoxx wrote: »
    but at least you have a job :)
    yea do you know how long it was before I got a job???????????????

mik_da_man wrote: »
    well if Tesco had the correct prices on the shelf we wouldn't have to go scanning the stuff ourselves :cool:
    fair enough but leave the item near where you got it.

• Advertisement

Janey Mack wrote: »
    But then it wouldn't feel like a treasure hut any more. Most of the deals would have been gone on the first day - if Tesco staff hadn't nabbed them first. That's not a criticism of the staff I'd do the same. Fair play to anyone that can find a working scanner but really the stuff should be put back where it belongs.
    we are customers also m8. We all love a bargain but FFS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

dogtoffee wrote: »
    yea do you know how long it was before I got a job???????????????
    if you have a job, you're beating me :eek:

Do you wont one lol, tesco are looking for staff in all dub stores I'm there 4 week m8 are you really looking?????????????

Do you wont one lol, tesco are looking for staff in all dub stores I'm there 4 week m8 are you really looking?????????????
    not now that all the bargain alerts are gone now :mad:
    maybe after xmas when it is quieter :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got deicer in prussia st for 84c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tazdogue

I picked up a 42" wooden TV stand/coffee table in Douglas for 3.84 last Sunday. There were about 5 left upstairs just before the toys.

Anyone cameras going cheap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

tazdogue wrote: »
    I picked up a 42" wooden TV stand/coffee table in Douglas for 3.84 last Sunday. There were about 5 left upstairs just before the toys.

Anyone cameras going cheap?

Seen a Canon ixus 105 for £50 in Tesco Lisnagelvin in Derry yesterday evening, not a huge saving but not bad for a cracking canera, they had a few on the shelves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

Where is there a scanner in Greystones? Or does anyone know of any bargains still available there?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

With your attitude towards the paying customer, (bargains or not) I would say your job could be up for grabs any day soon....dont know who trained you in the art of customer relations, but I guess they were not very good or you didnt listen-now I believe this is a thread for bargains in Tesco not rude staff in Tesco?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

muincav wrote: »
    With your attitude towards the paying customer, (bargains or not) I would say your job could be up for grabs any day soon....dont know who trained you in the art of customer relations, but I guess they were not very good or you didnt listen-now I believe this is a thread for bargains in Tesco not rude staff in Tesco?:D

I dont think he was rude at all, he just came on to say can you stop leaving stuff all over the shop and I 100% agree with him, us bargain hunters go searching for our bargains and there are none left. Well thats what we think, there could be 5 or 6 packets scattered around the store because someone changed there mind and just threw it anywhere, how hard is it to return it to where you got it, seriously.

It not only increases his work load but it reduces our chances of getting our bargain

Well thats enough of that so back on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

next time you're in Tesco and there's big queues and very few tills open, remember that it's because staff have to waste their time putting back items that are randomly dumped, and if people werent so lazy and ignorant they'd get through the tills alot quicker

next time you're in Tesco and there's big queues and very few tills open, remember that it's because staff have to waste their time putting back items that are randomly dumped, and if people werent so lazy and ignorant they'd get through the tills alot quicker

or if tesco hired more staff :D
    or if they paid and treated the staff better :D:D
    or it they worried less about profit and more about people :D:D:D:D

every little helps :)

but we are getting of the topic of cool cheap goodies .. which is why i'm here, i ain't no ceo, i just a guy looking for a gal to enjoy some bargains with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Hey I have an idea.

If we all go in to Tesco's and mix up all the stock then they will have to hire more staff to clean it up and we start to get more people in employment :-)

Seriously though, staff should not be complaining about this. Your employer pays you to do a job, part of your tasks may be to clean up stock and what difference does it make to you if you are putting stock back where it goes or restocking empty shelves.

I worked in a supermaket before and the number of people working on the tills (and thus the queues at them) has nothing to do with the other work involved in the store.

Today I picked up a kids toy for 7 quid and it was marked as 15 in the toy section and 7 quid in other parts of the store. I scanned it to check and if it was 15 quid I would not have bought it and would not have bothered walking back to the opposite end of the store to put it back (Naas Extra).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

i fear this thread has run its course

was in 2 waterford stores yesterday and loads of staff had hand scanners and print outs of pricing labels.... I'd say a lot of stuffs prices have been revised :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

All the batteries were off the shelf last night in Jervis Street,seen a manager putting some back up 30 minutes ago,it was fun while it lasted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

i saw a tomtom on the shelf in clearwater yesterday for €49

• Registered Users Posts: 42 louisefl

loads more bargins to come tvs for €40 etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

louisefl wrote: »
    loads more bargins to come tvs for €40 etc

hello louise, thats a great first post:D can you tell us how you know about this?

i know a manager in there and they told me they have laptops for €199 all going on sale from today

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cal04

i know a manager in there and they told me they have laptops for €199 all going on sale from today

whatever about the lasptops, tell me about the tv's?

they have loads from €40 each serious money off tvs,sat navs digital cameras from €7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

What Tesco will that be in?

ha ha louise coming in here and telling us about 40 euro teles is like detonating a grenade all over bargain alerts. can you see the queues forming outside tescos already?:D i like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Del007

this thread is about to explode ha ha

• Advertisement

all stores got emails with lists of reductions it only depends if they stock the item

all stores got emails with lists of reductions it only depends if they stock the item

IT'S JUST GONE NUCLEAR:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Midnight trip to Tesco, see you guys there

unreal prices,they have kettles for 66 cent,deepfat fryers for 6 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm after seeing a 42" telly for 89 cent in tesco lads

unreal prices,they have kettles for 66 cent,deepfat fryers for 6 euro

aahhh louise i hope your not winding us up! us poor suckers in here cant turn down a bargain. i dont even need another tv but would feel like a failure if i didnt pick one up at 40 euro:o

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    I'm after seeing a 42" telly for 89 cent in tesco lads

fer fecks sake.WHERE:pac:

its not a wind up it just depends if the store stocks the item reduced

What store are you hearing from?

all stores recieved the same email

Can you get the info on the laptops, which store, the brand names, specs etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

any particular stock that you know of?

e machines is all i know

From midnight tonight? Or tomorrow? I'm gonna drive to Clarehall to check! Hopefully not a wind up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Del007

I'd imagine it wouldn't start at midnight but all the staff would take them if they were that cheap anyways

DConway wrote: »
    From midnight tonight? Or tomorrow? I'm gonna drive to Clarehall to check! Hopefully not a wind up

Are they open 24 hours, I only ask as Clearwater used to be but is now open from 6am until Midnight, also bear in mind the staff on at the moment may not have access to the stockroom.

Del007 wrote: »
    I'd imagine it wouldn't start at midnight but all the staff would take them if they were that cheap anyways

thats probably why they arent advertising these discounts. i half expect that tesco are using this site to get the message out

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cal04

how many tv's could you fit in a trolley:D

staff on now would have access to the stockroom,how would their night crews get stock????????

staff on now would have access to the stockroom,how would their night crews get stock????????

yea...yea....good point. im sitting here, watching csi someplace with the missus,and had 2 bottle of cheap TESCO;) cobra, aaaaaand.......im not budging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Is this a wind up? If im going to hook up the trailer to the car and drive to Tesco I need to be sure :)

Also if the prices on display don't get changed its going to be some fun pulling 40" TV's up and down to a price scanner!

• Advertisement
Advertisement