Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 random Tesco clearance lines

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

DConway wrote: »
    Any hints for someone sitting in car park of clarehall now!?
    Hang aound till 6am, you just never know. Louise gets off nightshift.
    Cardboard effigy, pitchfork. (aisle 7 with the Halloween stuff)

Use your imagination, cant have boardies thinking all your thinks for ya.
    Theres always AfterHours, you should have sufficient phone chargers to last you thru the night.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

any video games or consoles on that list, J have seen a few Xbox arcades in some stores in the last week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

ShaneU wrote: »
    nope

go on list a few things there please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭Soarer

jarvis wrote: »
    DConway wrote: »
    Any hints for someone sitting in car park of clarehall now!?
    Yeah, go to the place that rhymes with led and provides a rest place.

Bread!
    He means go to the bread aisle!

Quick everyone, get to the fakking bread aisle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cal04

have to head to limerick soon, haven't time to head to tesco, although if i come back here later and discover that people have bought tv's, i may actually :mad::eek::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭matchthis

wil wrote: »
    And now as tears subside, I find it all so amusing...

To think, I scanned all that
    And may I say, not in a shy way:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I can confirm that there is sweet feck all in Lucan. I propose we lynch Louise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I'm not sure I believe that there will be €40 tellies but maybe, just maybe there will be €150 laptops. Son is looking for one from Santy so even if the specs are not very good, it will do him as even Santy is feeling the pinch:cool: Will be heading out to Tesco in a while and will report back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

lindtee wrote: »
    I'm not sure I believe that there will be €40 tellies but maybe, just maybe there will be €150 laptops. Son is looking for one from Santy so even if the specs are not very good, it will do him as even Santy is feeling the pinch:cool: Will be heading out to Tesco in a while and will report back
    Thers nowt in wilton anyway as of yesterday

• Advertisement

It might be wise to steer clear of Tesco today as the ravenous hoards begin the search for craptops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

any news on tv??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

There were masses of mark downs yesterday, but alot of it was seriously aincent stuff that was reduced already over a year ago. If the store was run right they should have been well sold out. There were more 75% off reductions in H/B, Clearasil stuff, Tesco mens blades....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

but1er wrote: »
    any news on tv??

RTÉ at 1pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

w*nker ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

RTÉ at 1pm.

I like that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Your a shower of ankers, now I'm heading off to Clearwater on speck, OH is excited :rolleyes: and I know that little smiley inbreed that walks around doing God knows, looking after trolly's or what ever has all the goodies already box's away, Louise you've a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

In Tesco Ballinasloe earlier. All the stuff already mentioned on thread is gone but noticed a few new reductions.

Canon camera IXUS105 Silver down from ~ €168 to €89
    Tom Tom XL Classic down from ~€125 to €49

Lots of tents and other summer stuff going for small money as well.

Also noticed prices removed from some Toshiba tellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭infocal

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Also noticed prices removed from some Toshiba tellies.

let's take some to scan :):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Saw some reduced Rolson branded DIY stuff in Artane branch.

3-metre measuring tape
    Precision Screwdriver set
    Magnetic spirit level
    Diamond knife sharpener pen
    Multi Allen Key

€0.93 each.

Voltage testing screwdrivers (2-pack)
    Drill dust collector
    DIY gloves
    Spanner set

€0.32 each.

There was other stuff too but can't remember the pricing.

Ok, back from Clearwater, a lot of running around from staff moving/changing things but that was just management cracking the whip, must have had a flip chart meeting with the head of marketing, going forward.:rolleyes:
    Anyway, thank's Louise your Guerilla marketing has lightened my pocket by €132.24 and seen no bargains other than Hodgins sausages €1:) and Jelly Squirms 1/2 price.
    OH spotted a 37" LG not on special offer but at €299 think my pocket is getting another hiding when they have them back in stock, thanks again Louise.

No1J wrote: »
    Ok, back from Clearwater, a lot of running around from staff moving/changing things but that was just management cracking the whip, must have had a flip chart meeting with the head of marketing, going forward.:rolleyes:
    Anyway, thank's Louise your Guerilla marketing has lightened my pocket by €132.24 and seen no bargains other than Hodgins sausages €1:) and Jelly Squirms 1/2 price.
    OH spotted a 37" LG not on special offer but at €299 think my pocket is getting another hiding when they have them back in stock, thanks again Louise.

Dare I ask what did you buy for €132.24 and was there more of it?

Any details on the LG?

Dare I ask what did you buy for €132.24 and was there more of it?

OH was so underwhelmed she had to console herself with 4 bots of bubbles, which prompted me to stock up for the matches this weekend, 7 packs of saus'es, 2 jellies, 1 green pepper €0.59, 1 bot Beefeater gin €15:) and the rest went clink clink clink, Oh and a Brennans Batch to go with the 5.30am fry tomorrow, nosey;)

Soarer wrote: »
    Any details on the LG?

This is from top of head
    Full HD 1080, Dyn contrast 60,000.1, Freeview, don't think it's Soarview but I'm with a cable provider.
    Looks fine to me, the same Tv in 32" was €50 off at €349 and the 42" was around €580, just think the 37" is not too popular because it's in between the other two.
    Staff said only 1 or 2 come in at a time, how well she knew that.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.
    €299 for a branded FullHD 37" set is not to be sniffed at.

Wish I had access to Clearwater!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Fnz wrote: »

3-metre measuring tape
    Magnetic spirit level
    Multi Allen Key

€0.93 each.

Drill dust collector
    DIY gloves
    Spanner set

€0.32 each.

Same Rolson reductions in Tullamore.

They also had Junior Hacksaws for 6 cents

Soarer wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    €299 for a branded FullHD 37" set is not to be sniffed at.

Wish I had access to Clearwater!:rolleyes:

Don't think this is a special, any Tesco store that has TV's should have them, it's the LCD LD 450 model by the way, forgot to say.

Don't think this is a special, any Tesco store that has TV's should have them, it's the LCD LD 450 model by the way, forgot to say.

Bought the 32" version from Amazon the other week!:o

Great set in all fairness, and Saorview compatible by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

For the 37" €299 very cheap I suppose its old stock as the LK has replaced it.

• Advertisement

paddyp wrote: »
    For the 37" €299 very cheap I suppose its old stock as the LK has replaced it.

Much of a difference in the two? what's extra with the LK?

OH was so underwhelmed she had to console herself with 4 bots of bubbles, which prompted me to stock up for the matches this weekend, 7 packs of saus'es, 2 jellies, 1 green pepper €0.59, 1 bot Beefeater gin €15:) and the rest went clink clink clink, Oh and a Brennans Batch to go with the 5.30am fry tomorrow, nosey;)

Thank you for indulging my interest, was hoping you managed to snag a laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭deckie27

Fnz wrote: »

3-metre measuring tape
    Magnetic spirit level
    Multi Allen Key

€0.93 each.

Drill dust collector
    DIY gloves
    Spanner set

€0.32 each.

IMAG0597.jpg

The shelf in navan

Much of a difference in the two? what's extra with the LK?

General consensus is that theres no difference:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1327825

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1271152

Both the ld and lk sets are affected by the so called 'panel lottery' - the panel in these tvs may be made by any one of several manufacturers, you may be delighted or you may be very disappointed. Its all detailed in the threads above.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Was in Tesco earlier and saw Braun shaver on shelf - no price. Took to scanner which said contact staff member. Brought to checkout and was told that it wasn't on the system so it shouldn't be on the shelf. When I said that there were 2 more on the shelf someone was called immediately to take them away. They are the previous version of a current model which would make you think that they should be clearance stock. Call me a cynic but it would make you wonder if they will ever reappear on the shelves. Does anyone with contacts in Tesco know why / how this happens ???

....Anyway, thank's Louise your Guerilla marketing has lightened my pocket by €132.24 and seen no bargains other than Hodgins sausages €1:) and Jelly Squirms 1/2 price.
    :eek: Went in for a €40 telly and came out with €132 of sweets and sausages.
    You're what Tesco marketing executives wet dreams are made of.:eek:

Most of the stuff they are moving is from the aisles that grass grows on. They probably make more from the bread aisle than the electrics.
    I'd make sure those tellys are Saorview compatible as I'd say there's plenty of analog only stuff that will have to be ditched before 2012.

That Rolson stuff is not just been discounted, saw that there last week and ignored.

Unaffected by cynical marketing ploys. (genuine marketing ploys only please:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

I scanned the Samsung camera today, it shows up at full price. Also scanned the last remaining HP 16GB USB key, again full price.
    The assistant who canceled the items said shes done this umpteen times today and they should put up a sign to indicate that the clearance is now over.

ShaneU wrote: »
    I can confirm there was a laptop for €150 (but it was ancient, windows vista 1gb ram etc.) Samsung ES28 cameras are €7-10 depending on what colour you get. No €40 (or 89 cent :rolleyes:) TVs. And prices don't change at midnight btw, more like 6 a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 louisefl

the tvs are as follows cello 32inch €199 toshiba 42inch €349

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Was in Tesco earlier and saw Braun shaver on shelf - no price. Took to scanner which said contact staff member. Brought to checkout and was told that it wasn't on the system so it shouldn't be on the shelf. When I said that there were 2 more on the shelf someone was called immediately to take them away. They are the previous version of a current model which would make you think that they should be clearance stock. Call me a cynic but it would make you wonder if they will ever reappear on the shelves. Does anyone with contacts in Tesco know why / how this happens ???

The Braun 3 in the blue box doesnt scan, the barcode is one digit short. Its €79.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

clare hall has one of the medela swing breast pumps still there

the ready steady cook 7 euro pot sets have vanished and reappeared in the bargain shop with 18/19 euro price sticker on them

the instant bbq sets which are 60 or 70 cents in most other tesco shops is available in this bargain shop for 1.25

• Advertisement

:eek: Went in for a €40 telly and came out with €132 of sweets and sausages.
    You're what Tesco marketing executives wet dreams are made of.:eek:

Most of the stuff they are moving is from the aisles that grass grows on. They probably make more from the bread aisle than the electrics.
    I'd make sure those tellys are Saorview compatible as I'd say there's plenty of analog only stuff that will have to be ditched before 2012.

That Rolson stuff is not just been discounted, saw that there last week and ignored.

Unaffected by cynical marketing ploys. (genuine marketing ploys only please:D)

Well who's laughing now, the sausages are in the pan and the match isn't far away, think I'll have a jelly.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Wifey has selection of Medela breast pumps... 1 careful owner; 7 happy customers:D

Not sure if she is ready to sell them yet though.

Ya like dags? Do ye a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Wifey has selection of Medela breast pumps... 1 careful owner; 7 happy customers:D
    you got 6 kids, then? (or 5 and an Uncle only the kids know??):D:D

Well who's laughing now, the sausages are in the pan and the match isn't far away, think I'll have a jelly.:)
    Well whos laughing now:( over, stuffed, dirty pans & face down under in jelly:(. Ah could be worse:D Back to tesco for sorrow drowning bar.gins:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

was in tesco in phibsboro and picked up a Belkin tunecasterII FM transmitter.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-TuneCast-Transmitter-Players-Black/dp/B0001F22PA

a nice little price of 3:80. unfortunatly it was the last one,, but keep an eye out in future

Package wrote: »
    Belkin tunecasterII FM transmitter.
    a nice little price of 3:80. unfortunatly it was the last one,, but keep an eye out in future
    Ok for the price but pretty old tech 2004 and never found them very satisfactory, sound quality poor compared to bluetooth. Pretty sure they've been reduced for ages so, seen some recently if someone really needs..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

Ok for the price but pretty old tech 2004 and never found them very satisfactory, sound quality poor compared to bluetooth. Pretty sure they've been reduced for ages so, seen some recently if someone really needs..

and here i was thinking i was getting a deal, lol

Package wrote: »
    and here i was thinking i was getting a deal, lol

Well it is a good deal if you stereo doesn't have bluetooth, a headphone jack, usb socket etc. When there were popular I remember driving around bestbuy carpark in massachucettes deciding where to park based on what music other people were playing on their tunecasts, great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Tesco ballybeg - Digital monoxide alarms are marked 39 on the shelf scan at 18

http://direct.tesco.com/product/images/?R=100-6185

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Four man tents are now 17.99 down from 69.00 and got some of the 8 pack aqua willkinson blades for 3.20,left a pack for a boardie behind the quattro titanium in tallaght Happy Hunting

Advertisement