Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

5 random Tesco clearance lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Norton Anti-virus 2010 is €3.49

Sandisk 4GB sticks €3.43

Belkin wireless usb adaptor €3.75

Alphason 32" TV stand €6.09

and last but not least, Sea Monkeys 94 cent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

peckerhead wrote: »
    :D At €12, you're gonna be picky?

no but I tried 2 seagate ones and they were normal price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Just left Tesco in Clonmel, loads of memory sticks left. The 2gb scandisk one is only 1.37 euro!

Got a Duracell charger thing for .95c, batteries not scanning as reduced, no external hard drives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Got 2 Hitachi 1 TB external hard drives in Tesco Douglas for €12 each yesterday. Was back in the store a few hours later and all were gone from the special reductions shelf, but they had the same ones upstairs for €101 on one shelf and €138 on another.

Also got a mouse for 33cent, 2gb SD card for €1.70 and a tradesman's knife for €3.75. Lots of tools for between €1 and €4 upstairs, screwdrivers, hammers, multi-tools, that sort of thing. Lots of ceramic hair straighteners for around €2.70 and 20 piece men's haircutting sets for €9.50 downstairs opposite the toothpaste aisle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Got 2 Hitachi 1 TB external hard drives in Tesco Douglas for €12 each yesterday. Was back in the store a few hours later and all were gone from the special reductions shelf, but they had the same ones upstairs for €101 on one shelf and €138 on another.

Also got a mouse for 33cent, 2gb SD card for €1.70 and a tradesman's knife for €3.75. Lots of tools for between €1 and €4 upstairs, screwdrivers, hammers, multi-tools, that sort of thing. Lots of ceramic hair straighteners for around €2.70 and 20 piece men's haircutting sets for €9.50 downstairs opposite the toothpaste aisle.

Them sd 2gb cards are 25 euro in athlone. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Got the 4g micro sd card in Paul st (Cork) just there for €2.85, but not marked as €2.85. Nice one, OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

MDF TV Stand in Ballinasloe €1.46 each. There were at least six of them on the bottom shelf under the TV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

got the 16 gig flash drive in douglas cork priced at 31 euro scanned at 7.50 euro, no batteries there but plenty of sd cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

weeder wrote: »
    gorey has plenty of the 16GB sticks on the shelfs for 8 euro a pop, still marked 40 though, got one meself but no sign of the sdhc
    Was in tesco in Gorey today and none of these left.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

siber wrote: »
    SENNHEISER PMX80 Headphones in Ballinasloe this morning for €3.90
    loads of these in Te$co ballybeg.no price on the shelf but scan as €3.90

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Breville Deep Fat Fryer (only one) on the shelf in Birr, Co. Offaly this evening. Marked on shelf as €15 but scanning at €6. I did not need one so it was still there as of 6pm this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

WAs in Oranmore Tesco loads of the AAA batteries, but none of the AA.
    Also loads of the Duracell rechargable USB thingys (sorry dont know the name ) at 2.96.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭kn

These Sony in ear headphones for €1.69 are going for €32.80 on pixmania.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264819601

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone know if Dundrum has a price-checker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

yes it does, it's in one of the aisles with the sweets or crisps in it ;) actually sorry think that's Nutgrove, it's in the aisle that has the shampoo & bubble bath & stuff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭kn

These Sony in ear headphones are €1.69 and are listed at €32.90 on Pixmania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

kn wrote: »
    These Sony in ear headphones are €1.69 and are listed at €32.90 on Pixmania.

Can you link elsewhere for those of us without Tesco accounts?

I think these are the ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

There was 20 packs of AA Duracell in Clearwater at 7pm tonight, they are in a glass case down where the video games and tvs are kept beside the TV and Mobile phone section, I asked a staff member for some and told him they were 56 cents he went off got a key and sold me 4 packs,nothing else of note in their as far as I could see.

Seen them. I asked one person and he said he hadn't got a key. Might go back over tomorrow and get a couple of packs. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I can't find the pic/link for the AA battery charger and rechargeable batteries. Could somebody post a link so I know which one's I'm looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Checked the price of the rechargeable AA Duracell batteries in Greystones this evening and they came up as €14 - they were the exact same ones as pictured in the OP first post.

They had HP 4GB SD cards but the packaging was different to the ones shown in the OP first post so didn't bother checking the price of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

A few pointers in your quest - as I just picked up 3 different items today and was surprised that they were still there a few days on.
    The only item priced correctly that I could see were the 56c batteries - and unsurprisingly - they were all gone - staff are not blind.

There are several variations (at least 3) of the Duracell rechargeable batteries.
    The 1.40 ones in D6 store were the Duracell Rechargeable Accu Supreme 4x, barcode ending 686. The 3x and 5x varieties scanned as 14. (refers to the "up to 4x more pictures" not number of batteries)

I dont know if they input the prices individually in each store - chances are they do which might account for some places scanning with different prices, but the packs are so similar they may input the price against wrong barcode.

The Tesco Greener Living 1 hour fast charger with 4 AA batteries barcode ending 197 scans at 2.80
    One variety of Duracell 1 hour ones were 20 though shelf said 40

Still lots of the Duracel rechargeable packs left at 1.90. Got one for a friend as have plenty since the previous BA on these.

If you want staff not to clear the lot themselves then dont draw attention to them, buy with your groceries from the most disinterested cashier (they have security tags so you've little choice).
    Went back for a charger later and different cashier immediately studied it, said it must be mispriced and when I said it was last one he was going to search the back for some for himself.
    Thats the likely reason there are no HP cards or usbs or tags on shelf at all. There were before but all evidence removed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

butts wrote: »
    Checked the price of the rechargeable AA Duracell batteries in Greystones this evening and they came up as €14 - they were the exact same ones as pictured in the OP first post.

They had HP 4GB SD cards but the packaging was different to the ones shown in the OP first post so didn't bother checking the price of them.
    Check the 4x ones - 3x as in the OP pictures were fullprice.
    If it has a different barcode, it may have a different price, only way to know is scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

Picked up Sennheiser PX100 II folding headphones for the grand price of 8.72 euro which is the price on the shelf (and confirmed on the scanner). Play.com have them for 46 euro and amazon for over 30 sterling. It pays to shop before 7am. It shows that boardies have to shop around as what is in one Tesco is not in the other but knowing where to look helps. Happy hunting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

joeswatch wrote: »
    Picked up Sennheiser PX100 II folding headphones for the grand price of 8.72 euro which is the price on the shelf (and confirmed on the scanner). Play.com have them for 46 euro and amazon for over 30 sterling. It pays to shop before 7am. It shows that boardies have to shop around as what is in one Tesco is not in the other but knowing where to look helps. Happy hunting!

Which tesco was that in??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Anyone know if there is a scanner in Wilton store & if so where ?

Same question for the Paul Street store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

wilton has a scanner in beauty isle, also one down near the crisps isle at the end.

Wilton didn't seem to have any of this stuff yesterday and a mouse most people are getting for 7.50 was 15 in wilton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Navan calling!
    No scanner in navan, so you ask customer service or use the self service checkouts

Anyway, only items I found were the 10 euro shaver and a 15 euro baby annabel doll for 1.75, so that was me sorted for the weekend! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Have people asking about scanners tried asking the staff in the store if they have a scanner?
    I can assure you it's easier than logging on to boards ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

jarvis wrote: »
    Hi Guys

HP 4gb Micro SDHC card with adaptor €2.85
    HP 16gb flash drive €7.99
    Duracell AA batteries 8pk (its 4+4free) 56cent!!!!
    Duracell rechargable AA batteries 4pk €1.40
    TDK CD-R80 25pk €2.45 (700mb)

Here's some pics for easy recognition. Might be difficult to find these so they arent guaranteed to be in all Tesco stores but they are out there, along with dozens of still undiscovered bargains. Remember the price might not be updated on the shelf so use the price checker. Hope it helps someone out!!!

Jarvis

9r4xhg.jpg
    2mo89zt.jpg
    2db8gol.jpg
    fk1c05.jpg

Lots of rechargeable batteries in Clare hall but not reduced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Alfie1 the scanner in Paul St is on a pillar on the aisle where the bread rolls, wraps and I think cakes etc are. Go straight in and head towards the back of the shop then turn right. It's almost as far as possible from the toys and electronic things :rolleyes:

I tried Wilton yesterday and found almost nothing. The small transformer toys were marked €3.99 and scanning at €1.75 but that was about it. AA batteries marked 56c but all gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

amiable wrote: »
    Have people asking about scanners tried asking the staff in the store if they have a scanner?
    I can assure you it's easier than logging on to boards ;)

What if you are already logged in :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭deckie27

Navan calling!
    No scanner in navan, so you ask customer service or use the self service checkouts

Anyway, only items I found were the 10 euro shaver and a 15 euro baby annabel doll for 1.75, so that was me sorted for the weekend! :eek:

There is a scanner in navan. At the end of the clothes area on a pillar. Was working last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Tescos Maynooth

The only working scanner in maynooth is in the ladies clothes area, the one that used to be by the fridges is ripped off the wall, the one up near homewares doesnt work.
    just if anyone needs to know
    afaik they only had the sd cards as of yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Alfie1 wrote: »
    What if you are already logged in :confused:

What? People ACTUALLY log OUT of boards? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Got Sennheiser PX100 II folding headphones in Kinnegad they had 4 or 5 on shelf down near TV's. Batteries scanning at €4.50 looked same as pic in OP

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

checked online & tesco still have the AA batteries at .56c i added some to my order and they processed. Fully expect them to be cancelled. Worth a shot though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Got rechargeable batteries and an lithium iPod charger for €2.20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

I've just picked up 2 of the 3 remaining USB flash drives that were in Maynooth. The 16GB ones were stuck in behind the 8GBs, but they were there.

Just to get a little techy, These are V195B and they're writing at 9.4MbS, compared to the V135W metallic blue one I got a few months ago, which writes at 12.5MbS. I really couldn't believe how fast this was when I first got it. Compared to what I had before, it was into Marty McFly territory! :P It transferred 750Mb in just a minute!

That was also a Boards Bargain Alert, so I've done well as far as these are concerned. But even without the speed, on a price per Gb basis, they're a really hot buy.

Thanks again to Jarvis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

siber wrote: »
    MDF TV Stand in Ballinasloe €1.46 each. There were at least six of them on the bottom shelf under the TV's.

so i "relieved " them of their last 3 in gorey, should make for a nice few shelves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

DamoRed wrote: »
    These are V195B and they're writing at 9.4MbS, compared to the V135W metallic blue one I got a few months ago, which writes at 12.5MbS.

The v135W were also scanning for €8.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭Alpish

Got the Sony MDR-570lp headphones in tesco in the crescent Limerick for 5.40, only three left. In limerick city Tesco I got a 2gb sandisk flash drive for 3 euro and 1gb one for 97 cent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Tescos in clearwater was manic this afternoon. Fot those that know the store, the small desk near the TV rack was packed with staff getting various bits scanned for price checking. There was a lot of 'suit' activity, presumably unhappy with their staff acting like rabid dogs ( ...like general population basically ) in the hope of securing a bargain. One lad with a manager badge was holding onto a remington (which scanned at 3.50) for dear life. He was adamant that we know ( the deals ) before they do. Madness.

Oh, yeah, i bought a poxy microsoft mouse for 7.50. Wow..Fckn...wee:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Fathead wrote: »
    checked online & tesco still have the AA batteries at .56c i added some to my order and they processed. Fully expect them to be cancelled. Worth a shot though.

If they are in the store and not sold out when you shopping is picked, the store will have to give them to you. Make sure you say 'NO sub' of they'll give you the full price ones that will be in stock!! You can always give them back to the drive for a refund if they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

dodzy wrote: »
    Tescos in clearwater was manic this afternoon. Fot those that know the store, the small desk near the TV rack was packed with staff getting various bits scanned for price checking. There was a lot of 'suit' activity, presumably unhappy with their staff acting like rabid dogs ( ...like general population basically ) in the hope of securing a bargain. One lad with a manager badge was holding onto a remington (which scanned at 3.50) for dear life. He was adamant that we know ( the deals ) before they do. Madness.

I got one too and a seinnheiser head set :)

what kind of stuff were they getting scanned ??

dodzy wrote: »

Yeah was over there today and seen all the suits and also heard one or two staff members saying something along the lines "they're all [bosses] still up there".

Didnt see anything on the table this morning (around 11:10am). The batteries were back up to €4.50 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

In Galway City Tesco today they had loads of the AAA batteries still hanging up. Couldnt spot anything else but spotted a Seagate Portable Drive 250 GB, asked the lady to scan it as there was no shelf label. It wouldnt read the barcode so she had to go onto a computer, it was 5 euro, neither she nor I could believe it. I couldnt see anymore electirical bargains, though I didnt check for headphones or mice ( mouses?).
    Am thrilled
    Also loads of babies mini paddle pools/ball pits for 1 euro each. Also sand moulds for kids for 13 cents for a pack of 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

DamoRed wrote: »
    I've just picked up 2 of the 3 remaining USB flash drives that were in Maynooth. The 16GB ones were stuck in behind the 8GBs, but they were there.

Thanks for leaving one 16Gb behind, I picked it up around 5pm!! Would have bought another if there were any others left. Didn't see any of the micro SD cards.

The USB drive is tiny. Smallest one I've come across. Keep thinking that if I don't loose it, I'll probably break it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I got one too and a seinnheiser head set :)

what kind of stuff were they getting scanned ??

HDDs, the remington stuff, headphones, cameras..... Etc;

The activity among them was indicative that they knew feck all in advance of non employees. Funny why none of them opted to use the scanner on the 3rd aisle back from the TV wall. Much less obvious IMO. I must have scanned 20 different things; so many discrepancies between different stores. Still though, when in Rome.....and all that ;)