Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 random Tesco clearance lines

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

None at all of these bargains in Tesco in Letterkenny but i gave it a good go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

got the 1hr charger and batteries for €2.80 today, and the GU10 lightbulbs for 31c each.

nutgrove also had a few store-specific clearance lines in a seperate area including:

1.5m hdmi cable €1.92
    towel, bog roll and soap holders with suction cups in a set €2
    jack to phono cable (whatever that is) 29c

(btw, it might be useful if one of the mods was able to merge all the Tesco deals into one megathread, make them easier to follow?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

scanned a load of stuff in Tesco Roscommon for the cause only thing mispriced was Microsoft Lifecam 5000 which was down from a mindboggling 69.99 to an equally ridiculous 49.99 :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got one of the Microsoft 1000 wireless mouse (mice?) in Tesco Douglas today for 7.50
    A few left upstairs on a microsoft stand in the far right corner near the print supplies

That was the only decent mouse I spotted as the others had massive dongles :p

Scanned a bunch of flash drives/hard drives yesterday but found nothing decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

A friend bought a Breville Deep Fat Fryer in Athlone today for €6.

I bought a bunch of Energizer Batteries for 45 cent a packet in Athlone this evening. These were Energizer Ultipate Batteries - both size C and D.
    Some of the packs were a bit battered, so God know where the located this lot. The Use By date on these ranges between 2012 and 2014.
    None of these left in Athlone this evening.

There were still some AAA's for 56 cent at the back of the display. The reduced 4&4 batteries are those that have both Yellow and Blue on the pack.

These are the batteries: BAEN-DULTIM.jpg

Hope this helps other Boardies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just back fomr Mahon Point. Couldn't find any of the memory cards or flash drives which I was looking for but I picked up a half a dozen of the 4plus4 aaa batteries for 56c - also, they have Torches ( 9 LED ones) which are 3.75 but scan at 32c and they take 3aaa batteries, so I went back for another few packets of them. There were about 25 packets of the batteries left - some rechargable ones aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭knipper

Was in mahon point today scanned batteries at the aisle scanner and they read at full price. Might scan differently at the till tho.
    If they do Damn it anyway!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep I scanned a few on Sunday and they were full price too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

tatabubbly wrote: »
    None at all of these bargains in Tesco in Letterkenny but i gave it a good go!

The AA battery charger was still there tonight for €2.80, also got 8XAAA batteries for 56c.

There were a few more of both there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

knipper wrote: »
    Was in mahon point today scanned batteries at the aisle scanner and they read at full price. Might scan differently at the till tho.
    If they do Damn it anyway!
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    Yep I scanned a few on Sunday and they were full price too.

Are ye talking about the aaa batteries? Because they are marked at 56c and scanning at same price, I didn't check the rest of them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

The 59c AAA batteries are Duracell Ultrapower 4+4 blue & yellow, barcode ending 807.
    I guess that ends my chance of finding another packet. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Got me a Sony head phone set for €5 in Tesco Clarehall. I couldnt find a scanner anywhere?? so I just went by a pic that was uploaded here earlier in the thread. Down from €28!!! Fantastic sound quality off them. On the checkout the girl was in disbelief and made a comment to her colleague ...

I tried my luck with a camera too, but had no luck with that. No scanner in clarehall.. wtf! Cant check anything!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Got 2 of these in Tesco New Ross for €6 each yesterday. There were 2 or 3 still left at the time

Black-Decker-WD6015N-Extreme-Dustbuster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ardkeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

wndows 7 is 87 cent (not upgrade)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tried local Tesco yesterday and absolutely zero bargains as per usual.
    I found a few items on this thread but no reductions.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

got 2 peppa pig granda sets 4 2 euro each. got the last 2 quattro blades pks at 3.52 in mahon point today , last night got 3 micro sd 4 gig cards 4 2.85 euro in middleton , they still had loads left on top shelf, got 4 x aaa batteries 4 81cent marked as such,

• Advertisement

any 1 no if the quatro blades can be used with the new titanium quattro razor as they didnt have the quattro razor on its own on sale, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

Tesco Make Believe Deluxe Cash Register €1.50
    Tesco Make Believe Tea set €0.89
    R.207-8411.aspx
    Little Steps Remote Control Car €1.75
    R.208-9221.aspx

Bought 1 of each of these in tesco nutgrove, full price marked on the shelf but scanned at prices above. I only found them because a friend had bought them reduced at another branch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

Just in Maynooth, lots of HP 4 Gig micro-sd cards on sale in the bottom corner with the cameras for €2.85.
    On a seperate note they also had a 500w angle grinder on sale for €5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

ShaneU wrote: »
    which store? i didn't know they sold that type of software. and at that price there taking a huge loss. what's behind all these crazy prices?

they had norton 2010 anti virus in douglas 4 euro 3.50

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

which store? i didn't know they sold that type of software. and at that price there taking a huge loss. what's behind all these crazy prices?
    They want you to sell your soul;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

perrier wrote: »
    On a seperate note they also had a 500w angle grinder on sale for €5.

Jaysus! Saves €80 off the price of a clamp ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Does anyone know if there is a working price scanner in clarehall please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

collegeme wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a working price scanner in clarehall please?

should be one near the magazines, or another is near the drink possibly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

should be one near the magazines, or another is near the drink possibly...

I had a long look last night and could not find any.. ended up going to the girl beside the magazine's and asking her to scan in a few things.. Pain in the ***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone know if any of the Sat navs are left in Dublin area ? .thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Jaysus! Saves €80 off the price of a clamp ;)

Providing you have a generator in the boot. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I didn't get a chance to check anywhere besides Midleton which had nothing that I could see. Did manage to pick up 2 sat navs and various toys and a few kitchen items though during the past few weeks.

I also find it very strange that certain things are being reduced so much. Hot Uk deals has loads of deals too on a daily basis. (worth keeping an eye on as sometimes the same things are reduced here) I'm glad to see that customers know about the deals before the managers/staff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    If they are in the store and not sold out when you shopping is picked, the store will have to give them to you. Make sure you say 'NO sub' of they'll give you the full price ones that will be in stock!! You can always give them back to the drive for a refund if they do.

Batteries delivered at the .56c price point.

Checking online they have brand name hairdryers from €2 might be worth a scan if your in store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭rameire

Was just I'm dundrum Tesco got the last one hr fast charger. Also got a Babylons straightener for 10 euro worth 134 another 1 or 2 on the shelf. Was scanning stuff for N hour.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Just back from two of limerick tesco's. Couldn't find anything much. Managed to pick up the Sony MDR-570LP headphones but because it was the black ones, not the orange sided version, the price was €11.21. I did try scanning a copy of norton while in the crescent but the price was €49.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

got the 1TB HD :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

Where did you get the hard drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

a friend who works for tesco

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Got 4 packs of AAA Duracel rechargables. €0.81 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

efb wrote: »
    got the 1TB HD :)
    what make? cant find any !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Dun laoghaire- babyliss men's hair cutter- e7.22

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

ShaneU wrote: »

What store was that?! Tesco Douglas had the upgrade but that's no good to me.

Had loads of the AAA Duracell batteries on the shelf, scanned at 0.56. Babyliss hair straightener scanned at 21eur (originally priced 140eur) but had no need for it so left it there but they had a shelf full of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Would love a SatNav if anybody sees one in any of the Dublin area stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jthrppel

Check the Balbriggan store. I bought a TomTom XXL with whole European maps for e61. Drawback with this unit is that it has only 2gb internal memory and cannot be upgraded. They had other makes on sale. They may have only one unit of an item on sale, so it is either hot or miss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Would love a SatNav if anybody sees one in any of the Dublin area stores.

Bought a Tomtom One Classic and an RAC 515F in Omni earlier today. They had a few others left, one was the RAC 500 model for €19 and the others were the TomTom One Ireland and GB for €49 each.

If anyone knows how to download the latest maps for these could you please let me know.

All the best,
    Freebee23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

1 hour. Chargers still in tesco roscommon saw. 4 copies of Norton too although I advise everyone to steer clear of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

jthrppel wrote: »
    Check the Balbriggan store. I bought a TomTom XXL with whole European maps for e61. Drawback with this unit is that it has only 2gb internal memory and cannot be upgraded. They had other makes on sale. They may have only one unit of an item on sale, so it is either hot or miss!

I was up there this ,orning and they were dry on all the offers here, as far as I could see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I was in tesco Clonmel around half six and there was a lot of staff going around with hand scanners checking prices. I'm beginning to wonder if this was a Fu#k up by someone in an office. Heard of two people who got samsung cameras reduced from 120 to 3.50!! Cmon, I highly doubt samsung can even produce them for that!! I'd have liked to get one of them hard drives for 12 quid. Got plenty of batteries and a mouse for a very very good price :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I would love one of those copies of Windows 7 for 86cent... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement