Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 random Tesco clearance lines

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I'm beginning to wonder if this was a Fu#k up by someone in an office.

I've been thinking the same, especially because the reductions seem to be completely random and more often than not very different from the actual price tags. The one hour charger is a good example for that, priced at €28 and scanning for €2.80 while the included batteries alone go for €11. That's most likely not a deliberate offer. I think Tesco must have a major glitch in their pricing system at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

richieb wrote: »
    they had norton 2010 anti virus in douglas 4 euro 3.50

Was this the 1pc or 3pc version?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

kendragon wrote: »
    I would love one of those copies of Windows 7 for 86cent... :D
    Have you looked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

amiable wrote: »
    Have you looked?

Checked out The crescent s.c. and Roxboro s.c. none to be seen in either. I didnt ask a staff member though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I havent seen the windows 7 offer in any of the limerick tescos.
    Did manage to pickup a dab radio for 3.50(green box, technika?), a belkin fm transmitter for around the same price, a billion batteries for 56 cent a pack, a king size duvet for 4 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cal04

anyone seen any bargains in co limerick stores?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

can some on post a pic of the batteries?

i went in looking for a pack, but they all came up at stupid prices ...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

davoxx wrote: »
    can some on post a pic of the batteries?

i went in looking for a pack, but they all came up at stupid prices ...

check the first post for the pic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

There are pictures on the first post of this thread.

Here are the pictures of the AA and AAA.
    They have to be 4&4 free plus they have to be in a Blue and Yellow Pack.

118-9805718SPA75UC937286.epsM.jpg

AND

118-9805701SPA75UC937284.epsT.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Quaderno wrote: »
    I've been thinking the same, especially because the reductions seem to be completely random and more often than not very different from the actual price tags. The one hour charger is a good example for that, priced at €28 and scanning for €2.80 while the included batteries alone go for €11. That's most likely not a deliberate offer. I think Tesco must have a major glitch in their pricing system at the moment.

No, this stock is old from old promotions, clip strips, OFDs. It looks like they got a load of money to clear it all out of the business and just have to apportion it to the products showing the highest stock levels.

That is not to say that 'price per unit' issues dont happen.

concubar wrote: »
    check the first post for the pic :p
    i did scan those ones but they came up as normal price ... some i'm confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Most of the good stuff already mentioned pretty much mopped up in Ballinasloe at this stage.
    I did pick up one of those Dettol automatic handwash dispensers with refil. Marked at €11.98, scanned at €5.70.:pac:

This...
    healthy-touch-no-touch-hand-soap-system.png
    But in the new stainless steel effect design. :D

Also, one of their Toshiba laptops prices at €449 was scanning at €349.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

davoxx wrote: »
    i did scan those ones but they came up as normal price ... some i'm confused
    That photo of the duracell rechargeable batteries is not the correct one. Reduced one shows red "4x" on the pack, not 3x or 5x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Tesco Ardkeen had a note up by the batteries saying price error do not stock. couldn't find any other deals. The girlfriend scanned the hair dryer that someone said they got and it came up full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

richieb wrote: »
    they had norton 2010 anti virus in douglas 4 euro 3.50

its the 3pc version. had a few in ballybeg and tramore
    picked up a premium 42" glass tv unit in tramore for €24 and it was worth every cent, top quality.
    they had loads of the 32" mdf tv stands for €1.40 and my mother got a ipod shuffle 4gb for €15.
    they also had the seinheiser foldable headphones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭Soarer

Are you taking the piss?
    For €3.50, you could just buy 3 of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Xaniaj wrote: »
    ShaneU wrote: »
    wndows 7 is 87 cent (not upgrade)

What store was that?! Tesco Douglas had the upgrade but that's no good to me.

Had loads of the AAA Duracell batteries on the shelf, scanned at 0.56. Babyliss hair straightener scanned at 21eur (originally priced 140eur) but had no need for it so left it there but they had a shelf full of them!

Are the batteries in Douglas?! I've been searching the shop for them, could only find full price ones on a shelf near the boooze. Where did you see the ones marked for 56c?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Are the batteries in Douglas?! I've been searching the shop for them, could only find full price ones on a shelf near the boooze. Where did you see the ones marked for 56c?

Yup, they're on that shelf, someone put up a pic on the last page but its the 4+4 free that are scanning at 0.56 (I only picked up the AAA but there was loads left!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

There are some Duracell chargers and batteries etc. thrown on a shelf down the back past the magazines and greeting cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

south wrote: »
    Tesco Ardkeen had a note up by the batteries saying price error do not stock. couldn't find any other deals. The girlfriend scanned the hair dryer that someone said they got and it came up full price.

The 56c batterys are in a display beside the tills, facing the batteries. Bottom shelf on the right hand side. About 10 packs left there last night at 10pm.

All the prices on the personal electrical are correct. Anything that was reduced was priced and sold, but more might come in.

• Advertisement

wil wrote: »
    That photo of the duracell rechargeable batteries is not the correct one. Reduced one shows red "4x" on the pack, not 3x or 5x
    thanks ... now i know it's not just me :)

silly question (for the sake of batteries) ... but anyone in rathfarnham that got a couple and would be willing to sell me two sets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Off topic.
    But these bug the SHOOT out of me... Okay so what was wrong with the hand pump ones of these "they supposedly harboured germs" So what the funk "is the stuff in the bottle not supposed to kill the buggers!" :confused:

These are in my opinion overpriced and not needed. Stupid invention that goes against the principal of what its trying to replace... Rant over!:P
    kaizersoze wrote: »
    Most of the good stuff already mentioned pretty much mopped up in Ballinasloe at this stage.
    I did pick up one of those Dettol automatic handwash dispensers with refil. Marked at €11.98, scanned at €5.70.:pac:

This...
    healthy-touch-no-touch-hand-soap-system.png
    But in the new stainless steel effect design. :D

Also, one of their Toshiba laptops prices at €449 was scanning at €349.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭deckie27

Just got some AAA batteries in navan
    Price of a babliss hairdyer on web site 3.99 but scanned through at original price
    They were restocking the ladies and gents hair grooming area about 5 staff like flys to **** running up checking the prices of things at the till

All I found out is some type of hair straightner is 2-3 euro i'll try and go back later to sus it out

Oh ye I previously posted the scanner in navan was working well its broke again. covered now by a shoe box

Soarer wrote: »
    Are you taking the piss?
    For €3.50, you could just buy 3 of them!

?. Sorry I don't follow, my question to the poster was if the Norton was the 1 licence or 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Off topic.
    But these bug the SHOOT out of me... Okay so what was wrong with the hand pump ones of these "they supposedly harboured germs" So what the funk "is the stuff in the bottle not supposed to kill the buggers!" :confused:

These are in my opinion overpriced and not needed. Stupid invention that goes against the principal of what its trying to replace... Rant over!:P

You're not the target market though which is basically ocd, hypochondriac, housebound women with kids who are unaware that a bit of dirt is what keeps our immune system on its toes and probably have a house full of electronic air fresheners gradually giving them respiratory and sinus problems:D

However on the subject of kids I'm sure my kids would get more craic out of this than any toy you could buy at the price think I might get one and fill it up with that Tesco funny farm soap thats about €1.50 a liter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Off topic.

You don't have kids do you? I find them a great incentive for kids to wash there hands more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

don't forget! the batteries are also on sale in the tesco petrol stations....

deckie27 wrote: »
    They were restocking the ladies and gents hair grooming area about 5 staff like flys to **** running up checking the prices of things at the till

All I found out is some type of hair straightner is 2-3 euro i'll try and go back later to sus it out

So I called back and am I glad I did

babliss hairdryer 2100 9.50
    braun epilator 7.69 on shelf beside it same model new box 99
    philips shaver 7300 williams 14.50
    braun i trim stubble 3.50
    BaByliss for Men 7435U Easy Cut Hair Clipper 7.22
    tesco branded curling tongs 1.21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

definitely more stock arrived in stores from the warehouse - i picked up one 16GB USB flash drive in ballybrack, there were none there when I checked on sat - left 4 on the shelf there for the rest of ye!

all the staff onto the electrical items, seems like they got cameras in and staff took them, same with hair styling stuff. a huddle of them over by the electrical items using the price checker - gas.

donnacha wrote: »
    definitely more stock arrived in stores from the warehouse - i picked up one 16GB USB flash drive in ballybrack, there were none there when I checked on sat - left 4 on the shelf there for the rest of ye!

all the staff onto the electrical items, seems like they got cameras in and staff took them, same with hair styling stuff. a huddle of them over by the electrical items using the price checker - gas.
    Just saw them huddling in roscommon one went out the door with Hitachi hard driveunder his jacket none on the shelves todayor the last week. Don't begrudge them though got to be some kicks for working in tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Anyone know of any Tesco stores close to Drogheda that have some of the 16gb flash drives? None in Drogheda, Balbriggan or Maynooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

Any chance of the model number of that epilator? The gf is after one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Had a quick look in Tesco in Mahon on the way home from college and couldn't find anything good:( The only thing close was a shelf label for a breville kettle but they were out of stock. I couldn't see any of the batteries. I did however get toastabags:rolleyes: for 28c, at that price I got 5!! No price label on the stand, and they had loads left. Its a four pack and price on the jml website is €7.19
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-hSoHdcPPstzckJXHlsLCOuApFBiR8zhFji42PbMTYzkN8lv_

lindtee wrote: »
    Had a quick look in Tesco in Mahon on the way home from college and couldn't find anything good:( The only thing close was a shelf label for a breville kettle but they were out of stock. I couldn't see any of the batteries. I did however get toastabags:rolleyes: for 28c, at that price I got 5!! No price label on the stand, and they had loads left. Its a four pack and price on the jml website is €7.19
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-hSoHdcPPstzckJXHlsLCOuApFBiR8zhFji42PbMTYzkN8lv_

Hmmm toast bags, no college student is complete without a toast bag and a packet of koka noodles, we used to do eggs, beans, rashers and all in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

baldshin wrote: »

Any chance of the model number of that epilator? The gf is after one.

http://www.braun.com/uk/female-grooming/silk-epil-epilators/silk-epil-5/silk-epil-5-models.html

5280 on page above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Bought 4 packs of AAA batteries today 56c each. The staff member who served me, closed the till and legged it over to buy the remaining ones for herself!
    She put away another couple of toys for herself behind the counter.
    Obviously not supposed to be for staff (

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Eh.. Would it be worth a trip to Arklow? Would I get anything of actual use, or just some hair straighteners and sat navs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

Eh.. Would it be worth a trip to Arklow? Would I get anything of actual use, or just some hair straighteners and sat navs?

It's hit or miss really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

any point in making a trip to clarehall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Got the last 16Gb in Ballybrack :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

jpfahy wrote: »
    Got the last 16Gb in Ballybrack :)

what make is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Bought 4 packs of AAA batteries today 56c each. The staff member who served me, closed the till and legged it over to buy the remaining ones for herself!
    She put away another couple of toys for herself behind the counter.
    Obviously not supposed to be for staff (

Staff keeping stuff for themselves grinds my gears ...staff are staff either wait till your finished work or get someone to come in and get them for you

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

picked up a few of the 8 aaa normal batteries for .56
    and a few of the 4 rechargeable aaa ones for .81

Few packs left on the battery shelf
    Cheers OP

No sign of the flash drives, or hard drives, Win 7 is not reduced either.

A friend of mine told me those Tesco bargain Win 7 copies have a warning on the back. It says that they have to be installed by 2010. That's why they're eighty something cents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

any point in making a trip to clarehall?

Only back from there. They have a couple of the HP 4gb SD cards with adaptors left. No batteries or any of the other offers. SD cards are in the corner with all the electrics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

A friend of mine told me those Tesco bargain Win 7 copies have a warning on the back. It says that they have to be installed by 2010. That's why they're eighty something cents. ....what tesco store? where? The one in China?

Loads of Wireless Microsoft Mouse left in Tesco Omni, also managed to snag two of the Sony MDR 570LP Headphones, anyone going into the Omni tonight There is a price list in beside the house phones and under the iPod covers, couldn't get to it my self as there were staff all over the place buying up all the cheap stuff, who the Fcuk needs 6 micro sd cards I ask you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭grange mac

what make are those batteries was in mahon point and didnt see any batteries reduced, just plenty full price batteries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Del007 wrote: »
    what make is that?

HP

• Advertisement
Advertisement