Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 random Tesco clearance lines

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭rameire

went to Naas again.
    glutton for punishment.
    saw a guy with two of the sony earphones.

there are no aa batteries, no hard drives, no radios, no rechargables, there may be aaa batteries there, couldnt find any toys or hair products from what i could see.
    but I picked up the remainder of the coffee, all 7 packs.

and the scanner near the toys is still not working so i was traipsing around in my motorbike gear, in the heat.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

None of these offers in the Baggot st branch :(

Kevvv wrote: »
    Only back from there. They have a couple of the HP 4gb SD cards with adaptors left. No batteries or any of the other offers. SD cards are in the corner with all the electrics.
    Thank you!!

Got 2 4GB HP micro SD in Clarehall. There was 4 left when I left Clarehall about an hour ago.

Also got an angle grinder for €5!! There was 2 of them left ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

rameire wrote: »
    went to Naas again.
    glutton for punishment.
    saw a guy with two of the sony earphones.

there are no aa batteries, no hard drives, no radios, no rechargables, there may be aaa batteries there, couldnt find any toys or hair products from what i could see.
    but I picked up the remainder of the coffee, all 7 packs.

and the scanner near the toys is still not working so i was traipsing around in my motorbike gear, in the heat.

Hello Whats the coffee deal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭rameire

Percol Fairtrade Guatemala coffee
    227g bags
    for filters and cafetieres
    has a pic of an old ruin and a monkey sitting on the Percol.
    think it was 4.35 down to 1.04

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

was in douglas cork an hour ago,they have priced all the batteries to full price, i got 4 x aaa duracell rechargables yesterday for 81 c now 19 euro, state of play is ; all disney plates cups etc gone. kodak and samsung cameras gone, all braun and other grooming and hair dressing electrical stuff at full price,no deepfat fryer, no rac 500 model sat nav, 5 tom tom satnavs reduced to 49 euro , 4 downstairs , 1 upstairs,no 1 tb hds, norton av gone, widows 7 full price,technicka 2 mp webcams showing at 29 euro and scanning at 2.75, got 2 lol, that is the only bargain to be had from this thread left in douglas, all 16 gb flash drives cleaned out. from the previous comments douglas have seem to have got their act sorted, the wife got 2x8 pks of quattro titanium blades in mahon point today for 3.25 each, but in douglas tonight they were over 14 euro, still worth checking the other stores as they may not be on the ball as douglas are

A friend of mine told me those Tesco bargain Win 7 copies have a warning on the back. It says that they have to be installed by 2010. That's why they're eighty something cents.

set ur computers clock to 2010 , install and then switch the time back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

rameire wrote: »
    Percol Fairtrade Guatemala coffee
    227g bags
    for filters and cafetieres
    has a pic of an old ruin and a monkey sitting on the Percol.
    think it was 4.35 down to 1.04[/QUOTE

Thankyou will see if I can find one dont drink coffee often but would be nice for visitors:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

richieb wrote: »
    was in douglas cork an hour ago,they have priced all the batteries to full price, i got 4 x aaa duracell rechargables yesterday for 81 c now 19 euro, state of play is ; all disney plates cups etc gone. kodak and samsung cameras gone, all braun and other grooming and hair dressing electrical stuff at full price,no deepfat fryer, no rac 500 model sat nav, 5 tom tom satnavs reduced to 49 euro , 4 downstairs , 1 upstairs,no 1 tb hds, norton av gone, widows 7 full price,technicka 2 mp webcams showing at 29 euro and scanning at 2.75, got 2 lol, that is the only bargain to be had from this thread left in douglas, all 16 gb flash drives cleaned out. from the previous comments douglas have seem to have got their act sorted, the wife got 2x8 pks of quattro titanium blades in mahon point today for 3.25 each, but in douglas tonight they were over 14 euro, still worth checking the other stores as they may not be on the ball as douglas are

Did ya scan the batteries?

There were rechargeable AAA ones on the top shelf priced at €7 but scanned at .81 they are the 3X ones
    Also a few of the 8 pack normal AAA left around 6pm

scanned every packet, all said please contact a member of staff, yesterday they were scanning no prob with the cheap price

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I Must have got the last of the cheap ones so :D

set ur computers clock to 2010 , install and then switch the time back.
    Great scott! Time travel Marty!

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Sennheiser HD 228 are €9.10

Anybody know any Dublin store that has these?
    Broke mine recently and could do with a new pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

flew into Navan @7 before class, seen a manager on the phone carrying a hairdryer and hair straightner. headed straight up to electrics didnt see really anything. I had picked up one of the mice in Dublin for 7.50 wasnt impressed that they had changed the price form 15 to 7.50 on the price tag-the pink ones were full price and the keyboards were reduced to clear.

went on the hunt for the hairdryer asked at customer service and seen that the hairstraightner the manager had had a yellow price tag peeled off. Seen a straightner for 11. didnt bother buying one as I didnt need it. The scanner as a previous member said has a shoebox on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Djdukey

Would anyone be interested in a swap? haha

I REALLY want the itrim stubble thing.... would anyone be interested in a swap? I have the 16GB pendrive, a fm trasmitter thing, windows 7 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Duracell Instant USB Charger for 1.90 euro

The lady at the checkout couldn't understand why there was a security tag on it seeing as it cost less than 2 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Djdukey wrote: »

I REALLY want the itrim stubble thing.... would anyone be interested in a swap? I have the 16GB pendrive, a fm trasmitter thing, windows 7 :D

my dad would probably swap for windows i'll ask

I think those Duracell Instant USB Charger are over 35 euro.
    Sorry i didn't get a couple more to have in the car in an emergency.

I also got the last Sandisk USB Flashdrive in Claremorris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

What store did you get Windows 7 in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

?. Sorry I don't follow, my question to the poster was if the Norton was the 1 licence or 3.

I think he means that its so cheap it doesn't really matter if its 1 or 3 if you want 3 licences just but 3 and dont be so mean :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Djdukey

God Father wrote: »
    What store did you get Windows 7 in?

I got it in the Edenderry store. They also had the 19€ Sat Navs RAC 515 and 500 (23€) (1 of each left)

All the grooming items were scanning at full price.

Also they had a Windows OneCare for 2.95 (1)

They had the windows upgrade on display and behind it was windows 7 (can only tell difference by little upgrade logo in corner). I also saw another one in the "games" section with all the WII stuff which i left there.

Checked Maynooth and they had nothing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Anything in Wexford Folks? Will be dropping in there on friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Not sure if this was posted already, but..

Tesco Express Camden St. Dublin, 50w 240v GU10 halogens @ 31c each yesterday.

They were also in the Temple Bar store a week or two ago for 62c each but don't see them there now.

Got 10 of 'em + salsa sauce with change from a fiver :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I got it in the Edenderry store. They also had the 19€ Sat Navs RAC 515 and 500 (23€) (1 of each left)

All the grooming items were scanning at full price.

Also they had a Windows OneCare for 2.95 (1)

They had the windows upgrade on display and behind it was windows 7 (can only tell difference by little upgrade logo in corner). I also saw another one in the "games" section with all the WII stuff which i left there.

Checked Maynooth and they had nothing :/

Hi, any chance you would confirm if the windows 7 you bought (the one they are selling for 87cent) expired last year for us please. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Peanut wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted already, but..

Tesco Express Camden St. Dublin, 50w 240v GU10 halogens @ 31c each yesterday.

They were also in the Temple Bar store a week or two ago for 62c each but don't see them there now.

Got 10 of 'em + salsa sauce with change from a fiver :pac:

What brand, the GU10's ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

What brand, the GU10's ?
    As per post #10 in this thread, tesco own brand. "But at that price........who gives a ... " - you know the rest. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Nothing in clearwater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭padyjoe

You can have a Duracell instant charger on Adverts for €8. Anyone? He's got 10.
    Haven't found any cheap aa accus in Carlow, no 4x, but plenty 3x & 5x. Didn't scan them though.

padyjoe wrote: »
    I reckon there ws about 20 or more of these on the shelves last night in Claremorris for 1.90.

Absolute Bargain IMO
    Very very handy.
    Seemed to be no interest in them strangely

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

and who said capitalism was dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭Soarer

davoxx wrote: »
    and who said capitalism was dead?

Why isn't there the same witch hunt on this guy as there was on people selling their Touchpads for a profit?

Edit: Woohoo!! 2000 posts!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭Alpish

LOADS of the instant chargers in Tesco Arthurs Quay

Soarer wrote: »
    Why isn't there the same witch hunt on this guy as there was on people selling their Touchpads for a profit?

because nobody cared back then ...

adverts used to be about non profit, now it seems as they have changed the rules ...

if it was me i'd ban him from boards (he found out of the offer here and is just trying to make a quick buck).

maybe it is just me, but when i pass on stuff i get here, i do it at cost price, and i have picked up several items for other boardies that i never meet before only because they were not able to ...

but if you find out his address we'll be there with pitchforks :pac:

Alpish wrote: »
    LOADS of the instant chargers in Tesco Arthurs Quay
    ahh that is in limerick :(

you should buy them all and sell em for a tenner each :pac:

Witch Hunt is a bit OTT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭Soarer

amiable wrote: »
    Witch Hunt is a bit OTT

Not at all.
    I probably understated it if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Adverts is against selling above the RRP he's still selling wayunder the RRP.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Anything exciting left in Dun Laoghaire or Dundrum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

They had 3 of the 4gb HPHC SD cards left in claire hall at 10 this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

jenizzle wrote: »
    Anything exciting left in Dun Laoghaire or Dundrum?

Not in Dundrum anyway - had a quick look earlier and nothing at all. They have actually scaled back on the non-grocery type stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emzy

Someone is selling 2 of the peppa pig grandad dog toy for 25e!!! Now there's a profit

emzy wrote: »
    Someone is selling 2 of the peppa pig grandad dog toy for 25e!!! Now there's a profit

they were only 15 euro each in the shop on the shelf , p.s. its not me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emzy

emzy wrote: »

they were only 15 euro each in the shop on the shelf , p.s. its not me lol

Maybe they are selling the 2 together! But jaysus that ain't a bargain

I picked up another 2 of the Duracell Instant Chargers a while ago.

Got one for the Mrs and one to keep as a spare because at that price they are very handy.

They still had loads left on the shelf in Claremorris when i was there.
    Seems people are completely unaware of them.

Very handy for anyone with a smart phone or someone who uses an ipod a lot. Especially when away for a weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Mate was in Tesco Edenderry earlier but couldn't find any of the Win7 packs mentioned earlier in the thread also stuff like the Babyliss hair straighteners and Sat Navs were at full price.

Have the offers ended everywhere?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Do-more wrote: »
    Mate was in Tesco Edenderry earlier but couldn't find any of the Win7 packs mentioned earlier in the thread also stuff like the Babyliss hair straighteners and Sat Navs were at full price.

Have the offers ended everywhere?
    Was in Edenderry a little while ago they have Win 7 packs beside printer inks and stuff. They are in boxes which makes it impossible to scan barcode. Didn't want one so didn't bring to till. The customer scanner thing is on the pillar at the end of this aisle

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

andyeire wrote: »
    Was in Edenderry a little while ago they have Win 7 packs beside printer inks and stuff. They are in boxes which makes it impossible to scan barcode. Didn't want one so didn't bring to till. The customer scanner thing is on the pillar at the end of this aisle

Yeah there's no barcode on those boxes.

Tried in Midleton.

All i got was 5 packs of Duracel AAA @ 81 cent per pack. Not bad at all considering they sell for €14 normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭anucksunamun

If you find these offers online I would strongly advise against ordering them for delivery, despite clicking 'do not substitute' they attempted to charge an extra €120 for batteries! instead of helping in any way I was told my order would have to be cancelled and reordered. wonderful customer service :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

What brand, the GU10's ?
    dodzy wrote: »
    As per post #10 in this thread, tesco own brand. "But at that price........who gives a ... " - you know the rest. ;)

Yep, Tesco's own brand, they also claim to be 2000 hour while the GE ones only claim 1000 hour.

Advertisement