Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 random Tesco clearance lines

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Still plenty of the AAA rechargeables to be had in the small store in Tralee, the cheap "4x" packs are hidden between and behind the far more expensive "3x" batteries.

176283.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

jayteecork wrote: »
    Yeah there's no barcode on those boxes.

Tried in Midleton.

All i got was 5 packs of Duracel AAA @ 81 cent per pack. Not bad at all considering they sell for €14 normally.

Was there any left after that ? Might drop in there later. I assume they were on the rack up by the tills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

jarvis wrote: »
    HP 16gb flash drive €7.99

Two of these left in Lucan as of 2.00pm today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Djdukey

I haven't installed windows 7 yet so im not sure if there is a problem with them. It doesn;t say on the the bow that it has to be installed before 2010 or anything, so i doubt it.

Yes you can't scan Windows 7 because there in a plastic box and the barcode is very small on the top. Just go to the self scan till and ask the person to open it for you (she will probably scan it for you too but she might not notice the price)

make sure its NOT the upgrade. Thats 69.99.

I think in my local tesco they have copped on because batteries back at full price and all hairdryers etc are also. :( Maybe a call from head office told them to update the prices at a local level, and some stores havent got around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Djdukey wrote: »
    I haven't installed windows 7 yet so im not sure if there is a problem with them. It doesn;t say on the the bow that it has to be installed before 2010 or anything, so i doubt it.

Yes you can't scan Windows 7 because there in a plastic box and the barcode is very small on the top. Just go to the self scan till and ask the person to open it for you (she will probably scan it for you too but she might not notice the price)

make sure its NOT the upgrade. Thats 69.99.

I think in my local tesco they have copped on because batteries back at full price and all hairdryers etc are also. :( Maybe a call from head office told them to update the prices at a local level, and some stores havent got around to it.

These prices are not a mistake so it's not that they have copped on to it.

They are selling off stock to make way for Christmas stock.

I had this confirmed to me by an area manager earlier who is a first cousin of my better half.

Once they have shifted the amount they set out to shift it reverts back or indeed some of the stock is to be discontinued.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

amiable wrote: »
    These prices are not a mistake so it's not that they have copped on to it.

They are selling off stock to make way for Christmas stock.

I had this confirmed to me by an area manager earlier who is a first cousin of my better half.

Once they have shifted the amount they set out to shift it reverts back or indeed some of the stock is to be discontinued.

I agree with this, if it was a major pricing error they would have just pulled the stock. I say some stores are not sure if it should be sold at the very low price and are localizing the price back up. Where can I get the windows 7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Djdukey

Oh ok, sorry about that :D

The reason I thought this was because some places are charging full price and some places are not. i.e saw that itrum stubble thing (exact one in picture) and it was scanning at full price (even tho in the same store the memory sticks etc were cheap)

For the windows 7 check out the games section, beside the cds. And if you see the upgrade or norman antivirus check out behind them . Ill keep my eyes out if i find out ill let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

Quaderno wrote: »
    Still plenty of the AAA rechargeables to be had in the small store in Tralee, the cheap "4x" packs are hidden between and behind the far more expensive "3x" batteries.

176283.jpg

these were scanning full price in tesco Lucan
    brian_t wrote: »
    Originally Posted by jarvis
    HP 16gb flash drive €7.99
    Two of these left in Lucan as of 2.00pm today.

Got one of these so there is only one left cheers brian_t

Also picked up a Babyliss pro 230 Elegance hair straightener, was 140 down to 80 priced at 49.99 scanning at €21

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

got the last aa batteries in rathmines (thanks to a boardie)

there are a few instant chargers there scanning for 2 euro.

anyone knows anywhere with the aaa batteries still in stock in dublin?

or wants to sell me two packs for 2 quid? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

davoxx wrote: »
    or wants to sell me two packs for 2 quid? :)
    Form an orderly queue now people :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Checked Tallaght Square today. Didnt find any of these.

Picked up 3 x 100g Tesco Finest Brazilian Freeze Dried Instant coffee for €1.13 each, down from €4.55. Sorted for few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

thegift06 wrote: »
    picked up a Babyliss pro 230 Elegance hair straightener, was 140 down to 80 priced at 49.99 scanning at €21
    The same one was scanning at €42 in Edenderry today. Prices seem to be all over the place.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

also uni-ball pens two pack was 4 euro now 60 cent ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Picked up the last one on the shelf in Ashbourne. Medium Tilt & Swing Flat Screen Wall Bracket. (J) There is a letter J on top right of box.

For 24" - 32" Screens with max VESA 200 x 200.

Max load 25kgs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Stll quite a few of the Duracell instant charges available in Bray Tesco, marked on the shelves as 1.90

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emzy

Stll quite a few of the Duracell instant charges available in Bray Tesco, marked on the shelves as 1.90

Any of the toys left in bray do u know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

emzy wrote: »

what toys are reduced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

pissed wrote: »
    Picked up the last one on the shelf in Ashbourne. Medium Tilt & Swing Flat Screen Wall Bracket. (J) There is a letter J on top right of box.

For 24" - 32" Screens with max VESA 200 x 200.

Max load 25kgs.

I've been scanning those everyday at lunchtime in roscommon and still full price :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Do-more wrote: »
    The same one was scanning at €42 in Edenderry today. Prices seem to be all over the place.

There are 7 different Babyliss pro 230 straightners:

the 230 gold box
    the elegance blue box
    the elegance pro pink striaghtner in blue box

etc

see the babyliss website.

All are now less than €30, all are 75% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

ready steady 3 pot set marked 25 scans at 7 plenty of stock in clare hall

ashbourne has loads also and price is marked at 7 on shelf but probably too high to catch your attention

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ready-steady-cook-3-piece-sauce-pan-set-from-tesco-direct-just-10-collect-from-store-1015398#comments

plenty of belkin tune casts in ashbourne and kilbarrack

belkin ipone/ipad sync and charge cable scanning at 1 euro in kilbarrack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

where are the scaners in Clarehall ? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

philon wrote: »
    where are the scaners in Clarehall ? thanks

their is one at the end where the soft drinks are

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emzy

emzy wrote: »

what toys are reduced?

Peppa pig and some Disney stuff
    I dunno if it's a bargain coz dunno how much was before hand I got a. Football for 2e and mickey mouse and buzz small figures with parachutes for 1e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

paddyp wrote: »
    I've been scanning those everyday at lunchtime in roscommon and still full price :(

Well to be honest I was keeping an eye on them myself. I am around in Tescos maybe once a day. The bracket was only put on the shelf yesterday and actually marked at €11.66.

Make sure you scan the one with the letter "J" on it. Its on the top right corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Got the 1 hour charger + rechargeable batteries for 2.80! Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 peanut27

Does anyone know if there is a price scanner in the store in Wicklow Town couldn't find one? Seen a few items mentioned here but didn't want to bring them to the till incase they scanned full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭valc

A few one hour chargers & rechargeable batteries in Tesco Rathfarnham last night but scanning at 20 euro's.

valc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

peanut27 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a price scanner in the store in Wicklow Town couldn't find one? Seen a few items mentioned here but didn't want to bring them to the till incase they scanned full price.

I brought a few items I wanted to check to the 'self service' till. When I'd scanned them - and managed to get 1 bargain - I asked the assistant (nicely!) to cancel the items I didn't want. HTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Percol Fairtrade Guatamala coffee @1.02 (3 left) on shelves in Tesco Wilton as of 10am this morning, still have several packs of Duracell AAA rechargeable supreme batteries @0.81 available. Not on top eagle eyed form this morning so didn't spot any other of the bargains listed in the thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

For anyone around Waterford tesco poleberry has opened a dedicated bargain store for all the offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Finally managed to get a few bargains today! I went to Douglas first and managed to get 2 of the AAA rechargeable packs. Was one pack left at about 10. LOADS of the instant chargers left at the end of the aisle opposite the toiletry section. Also had bungee cords for 12c, actually went back to get more of them after I paid but shelf had been cleared by then!! And 3 packs of "shaped rubber bands" for the children for 10c each:pac:

Then I went to Mahon on the off chance that they may have something left. Got 3 Sony earphones for 70c (MDR-E10LP Clear sound) 2 JVC Sport headphones (HA-EB75-S) for 97c and JVC Fashionista headphones (HA-FXP3-LP) for €1.51 (these are leopard print:cool:)
    (Can't find any pics of the boxes of any of these online)

Also picked up a Memorex Foldable Travel speaker for €6. (Mi2290blk)

MI2290BLK-box.gif
    And a Technika DAB/FM Digital Clock radio for €9

[Embedded Image Removed]

and a Tesco own brand stereo digital radio for €11
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsDUwrV5P4WYVSkp2eQz9UVg26Ymo1w6-8N9mPJhjx9L2KQ7Tf

Quite a few of both digital radios left in Mahon. No more memorex speakers. Sony earphones and the JVC sport ones all gone though but they had plenty of the other JVC Fashionista ones left and some own brand sports ones at €1.51. I did have another pack of JVC earbuds which were about €1.50 but when I went to pay I was told they were withdrawn from sale:eek: And most importantly they still had loads of the JML Toastabags 4 pack which I got for 28c during the week! Didn't see any of the Mahon offers in Douglas but still might be worth a look.

ncur wrote: »
    Percol Fairtrade Guatamala coffee @1.02 (3 left) on shelves in Tesco Wilton as of 10am this morning, still have several packs of Duracell AAA rechargeable supreme batteries @0.81 available. Not on top eagle eyed form this morning so didn't spot any other of the bargains listed in the thread!

Wheres the scanner thing in Wilton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

For anyone around Waterford tesco poleberry has opened a dedicated bargain store for all the offers

Do they have much stocked do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

south wrote: »
    Do they have much stocked do you know?

Gonna pop down for a gant now, will report back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

The scanner in Wilton is a fair bit away from the books/toys/electrical section, walk down the store in the middle main aisle and it's on the wall on left hand side either the 1st or 2nd aisle past the freezer section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Anyone have a copy of the windows 7 upgrade to spare ? - have checked 3 different Tesco's and haven't seen them :(
    Looking for one to upgrade a netbook edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Longwalk in Dundalk have 4gb SD cards back in stock 2.85 was some there at 11.30 also usb charger with worldwide plugs for 49c down with batteries second shelf up white in colour. Plenty of instant chargers from 1.40. Got last of rechargeable batteries that i could find 1 pack @ 15c, other 1.40.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

raytaxi wrote: »
    Got last of rechargeable batteries that i could find 1 pack @ 15c, other 1.40.

Describe the 15c pack, brand, battery type, barcode..

Duracell supreme only 1 pack in shop i could see, other pack was also duracell supreme at 1.40, don't have packs to hand for bar codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is the instant charger the one with pps2 written in the top corner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭uli84

If anyone comes accross 1 hour charger + rechargeable batteries, can they get it for me, please, please, please...

Yes. i took everything over to price checker to double check. picked up philips razor in old shopping centre for 13 euro and grooming kit for 9.50. Did not see them in Longwalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

The bargain shops around Thr country is a different clearance plan. These ones in stores are better than what you'll get in a bargain shop.
    Anyway, got a Bt baby monitor down from €80 to €2 and got an Olympus digital camera 12mp down from €106 to €12.
    Don't think they've any left in Longwalk Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bargain store in Pooleberry is more like a pound shop, everything is at least half price but most of it is crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

uli84 wrote: »
    If anyone comes accross 1 hour charger + rechargeable batteries, can they get it for me, please, please, please...

They had a good few instant chargers in Tesco Lucan last night (PPS2) ...marked €19.99, scanning at €1.90. They are at the bottom of the battery display. I bought 3 - and the packaging covered in dust! No-one must be interested in paying 20 quid for them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

beolight wrote: »
    ready steady 3 pot set marked 25 scans at 7 plenty of stock in clare hall

ashbourne has loads also and price is marked at 7 on shelf but probably too high to catch your attention

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ready-steady-cook-3-piece-sauce-pan-set-from-tesco-direct-just-10-collect-from-store-1015398#comments

Loads of these left in Drogheda also marked at €25 but scanning at €7. Perfect for any students that may need them. Especially at this price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Tesco Maynooth : Sennheiser MX 370 Ergonomic Stereo Earphones , marked 21.99 on the shelf , checked the self scanner it said "contact a member of staff" .. good sign I thought ... went to a til to get the girl to check, she checks and says "there's no price coming up - sorry about that". I said "so is that it .. you can't find out ?" .
    "No - we've no way of finding a price so we can't sell them " she said. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

ncur wrote: »
    The scanner in Wilton is a fair bit away from the books/toys/electrical section, walk down the store in the middle main aisle and it's on the wall on left hand side either the 1st or 2nd aisle past the freezer section

It's isle no.9 or no.10 IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

There's 2 scanners in Wilton now. One is on the same aisle as toilet roll/kitchen roll. The other is on the aisle with moisturiser/toiletries and cosmetics stands at the end of it.

The second one is closer to the toys and electrical goods :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

pissed wrote: »

Make sure you scan the one with the letter "J" on it. Its on the top right corner.

No joy afraid still scanning €69 even got a staff members to check the portable scanner.

Tesco roscommon now has the 4gb HP sdhc card for €2.58 about 5 on the shelf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement