Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 random Tesco clearance lines

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭john64

none of the batteries, usb chargers or 4gb cards in clare hall today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Naas have 16 gb memory and a few rechargers

also have hp micro sd 4gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Any body keeping a list with the deals on it and there price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Loads of 4+4 AAA batteries @ €0.56 in Ballinasloe.

Sandisk Ultra 4GB 30 MB/s CF Cards @ €3.39.

Logitech Wireless Mouse @ €4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Picked up a Babyliss Pro 230 Elegance Straightener for the misses in Dundrum Tesco an hour ago.

Priced at 124 scanning at 21

Thanks lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Del007

RayCon wrote: »
    Tesco Maynooth : Sennheiser MX 370 Ergonomic Stereo Earphones , marked 21.99 on the shelf , checked the self scanner it said "contact a member of staff" .. good sign I thought ... went to a til to get the girl to check, she checks and says "there's no price coming up - sorry about that". I said "so is that it .. you can't find out ?" .
    "No - we've no way of finding a price so we can't sell them " she said. :confused:

That's mad, is there anything else left in Maynooth? I picked up some speakers for 1.50 the other day, happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭corazon

Tesco Longford finally got some HP flash drives in. Picked up 16GB at 7.99 (on shelf at 39.99) 8GB is scanning at 24.99. Not much else on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

is the instant charger the one with pps2 written in the top corner?
    tis yeah..picked up 2 today:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Went to Tesco in Omni today and they had nothing on sale , I was particularly looking for the rechargable AAA batteries preferably with the charger. They were on the shelf but scanned at full price. No price checker but my friend works on the till so I had her checking things for me and everything was full price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

They had a good few instant chargers in Tesco Lucan last night (PPS2) ...marked €19.99, scanning at €1.90. They are at the bottom of the battery display. I bought 3 - and the packaging covered in dust! No-one must be interested in paying 20 quid for them :D

Same in Balbriggan Extra store. Shelf price was EUR28, Scan price was EUR2.80. Staff member at self service desk went straight over and got one for himself. About 5 left at 9.30om...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Slappin Da Bass

Does anyone know if Tesco Extra Balbriggan has any other hidden deals other than the charger in the above post?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

All that's in Athlone is the instant charger @ €1.90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Can anyone post a picture of the instant charger so that I know what to look for .... or make barcode.. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

pissed wrote: »
    Can anyone post a picture of the instant charger so that I know what to look for .... or make barcode.. thanks

Duracell-Instant-Power-Charger-0.jpg

barcode ends in 093065.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Got one of those duracell chargers for €1.90 the other day in Tesco Gorey. There was quite a few left.

I'll have a look later today for any bargains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

I got 2 of these chargers in Omni.Guy said they werent scanning and had to check ,after couple mins he was told it was ok.They were scanning but at 95c each so he wanted to make sure .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Got a Rolson 40piece socket set for €1.31, Philips Shaver hq6940 for €4.99, Tesco plain raspberry single duvet set €1.22
    No toasta bags and I really wanted some, there was also a Braun 3-320 shaver marked at €10 but no stock left.
    There can't be many more bargains left at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Tesco Roscommon:
    2 tesco 1 hour chargers bottom right behind the everyday one
    Approx 20 duracell phone chargers - chunky one which has twice the battery capacity
    5 4gb HP SDHC cards
    2 sandisk 8gb usb keys

I was in clearwater yesterday and was told there was a basket if electricals on sale. by the time i got there everything was gone. by yhe looks of the staff purchase stickers on a pile of stuff it looks like staff bought everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭Dec4

Tesco Newbridge
    About 15 packs of the Duracell rechargeable AAA (Marked Supreme 4x) hidden behind the same AAA (5x). 0.81c a pop...
    Mind you the girl who did the price check said she must get some at that price...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

No duracell chargers left in lucan, some greedy so and so must have taken a good few

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

No duracell chargers left in lucan, some greedy so and so must have taken a good few

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

lindtee wrote: »
    Duracell-Instant-Power-Charger-0.jpg

barcode ends in 093065.

nutgrove has 10, merrion has 5.

also 2 permanent tesco markers for 22c
    (good few other pens down to 10%)

the 4+4 free blue and yellow aaa are coming up at 7 euro :(
    and all tesco and duracell 1hr charges seem to be at full price.

anyone see the aaa rechargeable around dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Bags of Playsand reduced to 25c:D in Claremorris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Anyone see any Medela Mini Electric Breast Pumps during their trips or anyone pick up a spare that they'd sell me? I went to about 6 Tesco's but had no luck finding them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

shardylan wrote: »
    I got 2 of these chargers in Omni.Guy said they werent scanning and had to check ,after couple mins he was told it was ok.They were scanning but at 95c each so he wanted to make sure .

You done well , they were scanning at full price when I was there yesterday. There must have been other boardsies there at some stage too cos I saw loads of the items mentioned here scattered around the shop as if they had been scanned and abandoned when they weren't reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

This was on Thurs ,it was last 2 that i got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Anyone see any Medela Mini Electric Breast Pumps during their trips or anyone pick up a spare that they'd sell me? I went to about 6 Tesco's but had no luck finding them.

spotted one in omni a week ago

even snagging a cheap squeaky breast pump would not entice me down that road again im afraid so i resisted

i did point it out to my wife all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

There's 2 in Tesco Ardkeen and 4 on the shelf in Tesco Tramore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Picked up the last two usb sticks in Tesco Ardkeen. They had them over with the headphones and not with the other usb sticks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Why are Tesco doing this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

Because every little helps

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Why don't they do it more often :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Someone's fiendishly ingenious guerilla marketing experiment at a guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I imagine its just an exercise in clearing out a large amount of old, slow moving, stock to make room for Christmas stock. I foresee a massive toy clearance in a week or two for the same reasons.

kendragon wrote: »

I imagine its just an exercise in clearing out a large amount of old, slow moving, stock to make room for Christmas stock. I foresee a massive toy clearance in a week or two for the same reasons.

there was a sign in clearwater saying toys start on monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

beolight wrote: »
    spotted one in omni a week ago

even snagging a cheap squeaky breast pump would not entice me down that road again im afraid so i resisted

i did point it out to my wife all the same
    Know someone in the US who had a short romance with a girl who'd had silicone implants - he said the squeak put him right off.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    There's 2 in Tesco Ardkeen and 4 on the shelf in Tesco Tramore.

Anyone with Paypal fancy picking one up for me & posting it to me? I'll send ya whatever it cost by paypal. Or if ya seen one still in Omni letting me know? Only 2 weeks to go, so don't think I'll be in the Tramore or Ardkeen locality any time soon, best if I stay around Dublin. :D

Was supposed to be buying one from someone on another forum, but haven't heard anything in over a week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

Anyone with Paypal fancy picking one up for me & posting it to me? I'll send ya whatever it cost by paypal. Or if ya seen one still in Omni letting me know? Only 2 weeks to go, so don't think I'll be in the Tramore or Ardkeen locality any time soon, best if I stay around Dublin. :D

Was supposed to be buying one from someone on another forum, but haven't heard anything in over a week.

I only take western union :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

got an old tesco deal, the usb/miniub charger down from 65e to 3.95e to 2.86e :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056045761

Picked up 2 in dundrum, they are sweet. none of the things on this thread were reduced there though, that i could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Just got back from Poleberry Waterford nothing of interest in bargain section seemed to be barbecue stuff. Anyhow got 16 gb usb in main store,no price on them but scanned at €7.95 still 2 left

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DrivingMad

just back from Tesco, Killarney. Spotted value two man tents on sale for only 1.50. Shelf empty :( tho might be elswhere in the country....
    All the duracell 4 + 4 scanning at 7.50. tsk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

pavb2 wrote: »
    Just got back from Poleberry Waterford nothing of interest in bargain section seemed to be barbecue stuff. Anyhow got 16 gb usb in main store,no price on them but scanned at €7.95 still 2 left

Where is the bargain section do you mean the end of isles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Bargain section on the left as you go in used to be sports shop seemed to be a few printers,i pod docks,head phones toys pots and pans, phone chargers.

16gb usb in main store on wall facing you as you go in next to phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

"Please contact a member of staff"

And gradually the steam runs out of this BA.
    Probably picked up the last 46c AAA batteries today. Wanted some rechargeable AAAs but no luck. Got 2 packs of D EverReadies yesterday.

Above message on 2 different HP USB sticks in 2 different stores - and members of staff no help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

wil wrote: »
    Above message on 2 different HP USB sticks in 2 different stores - and members of staff no help.

The trick is to go to the self service and scan them. It sometimes gives you the price, sometimes a member of staff will go to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

The trick is to go to the self service and scan them. It sometimes gives you the price, sometimes a member of staff will go to help you.

A nice manager helped me in Ashbourne sat morning when I got this message on price checker & also at register. He looked it up on his terminal so i got a few of the HP 4GB sticks for €2 ea. Previously got an Xfactor party box in Longford for €9 (amazon £40) and picked up a few of the duracell instant chargers in Galway & Nerf water guns for €2. Happy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Just back from Tesco in the Crescent s.c. Limerick. They have loads of the duracell backup battery things priced at 1.90. They are on the bottom row of the battery section in the main supermarker near the checkouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Hey gang, can someone tell where the scanner is in the Jervis St Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 millhouse11

still plenty of the duracell instant chargers left in tesco celbridge scanning at 1.90

• Advertisement
Advertisement