Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 random Tesco clearance lines

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Walt123

Hi they have technika rechargeable portable speaker priced at 10.00 on shelf scanning at 2.00 in tesco edenderry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭deckie27

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Anyone see any Medela Mini Electric Breast Pumps during their trips or anyone pick up a spare that they'd sell me? I went to about 6 Tesco's but had no luck finding them.

There was 2 in navan an hour ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

deckie27 wrote: »
    There was 2 in navan an hour ago

Cool, thanks a mil. Someone on here has offered to get one if they're still available in their store, but if not, I'll think about making the trek to Navan this week. I'm in Tallaght, so not ideal, but closer than other places being mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

holly8 wrote: »
    A nice manager helped me in Ashbourne sat morning when I got this message on price checker & also at register. He looked it up on his terminal so i got a few of the HP 4GB sticks for €2 ea. Previously got an Xfactor party box in Longford for €9 (amazon £40) and picked up a few of the duracell instant chargers in Galway & Nerf water guns for €2. Happy out!

Called into Ashbourne today after seeeing this. But when item wouldnt scan the girl just turn around to me and said they are €15. Might try again during the week as there was plenty on the shelf with no price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Wertz wrote: »
    Not if I "avail" of all of them first :pac:

Any point going down now - would hate to have to visit the longwalk and come away with nowt!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Called into Ashbourne today after seeeing this. But when item wouldnt scan the girl just turn around to me and said they are €15. Might try again during the week as there was plenty on the shelf with no price.

I'll be there in the morning and I'll let you know what happens. Pissed off with Clearwater nothing there only smug looking staff.
    Where is the scanner in Ashbourne, never bothered using one before.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

No1J wrote: »
    I'll be there in the morning and I'll let you know what happens. Pissed off with Clearwater nothing there only smug looking staff.

Thanks. The scanner is half way down one of the aisle on a pillar, around the middle of the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gojony

sugarman wrote: »
    There is none.

There's one at the end of a refrigerated food isles near the clothes area!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

The older Samsung Galaxy Tab - 7in P1000, 16gb WiFi +3G has been reduced in the UK to £150. Do Tesco stock them here? If so it might be worth keeping an eye out.

Thanks. The scanner is half way down one of the aisle on a pillar, around the middle of the shop

Down near the Drink aisle?

• Advertisement

gojony wrote: »
    There's one at the end of a refrigerated food isles near the clothes area!

As you head down the back on the left side so?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Picked up a Babylis hair straighnters in Tescos Athlone for a tenner but it was in the Bargain shop on the left not in the main shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Janey Mack wrote: »
    The older Samsung Galaxy Tab - 7in P1000, 16gb WiFi +3G has been reduced in the UK to £150. Do Tesco stock them here? If so it might be worth keeping an eye out.

Are they sim free? Their sim free range her is now nearly non-existant. I've seen about a dozen Tescos around the country where the simfree phones were out of stock, or only 1 or 2 in stock. I reckon they are deliberately de-stocking the simfrees and are lowering the prices of their own range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

picked up a pair of phillips in-ear headphones in tesco maynooth for €1.90, on amazon for £7.97

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHE2550-00-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B000FQJM9E

philips-in-ear-headphones-she2550&docid=tvSm3IBaEEyBPM&w=1000&h=1000&ei=BzOKTt2tAs-n8QPKiPhe&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=460&page=1&tbnh=146&tbnw=135&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=51&ty=98

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Cool, thanks a mil. Someone on here has offered to get one if they're still available in their store, but if not, I'll think about making the trek to Navan this week. I'm in Tallaght, so not ideal, but closer than other places being mentioned.

Got one today, PM me if you'd like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

No1J wrote: »

aisle 8 (sad that i know that)

holly8 wrote: »
    aisle 8 (sad that i know that)

Jesus, if you know that then you will know if it's worth my while having a look, I'll be in the town anyway.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

The trick is to go to the self service and scan them. It sometimes gives you the price, sometimes a member of staff will go to help you.
    Fraid not.
    "Helpfull" staff:rolleyes: willing to sell at original price so I'm guesing it goes in to the Reduced and Found box in the staffroom.:(

They all seem to be aware of the reduced stuff now but BA got the jump on them for a while. Thanks BA:cool:

Are they sim free? Their sim free range her is now nearly non-existant. I've seen about a dozen Tescos around the country where the simfree phones were out of stock, or only 1 or 2 in stock. I reckon they are deliberately de-stocking the simfrees and are lowering the prices of their own range.

Sim free I think - some are speculating that it's because a new model is due for launch but the Dell Streaks are also £150. Don't know what Tesco's at with these deals lately, perhaps it's a marketing ploy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I just seen someone picked up the Braun I-Trim for cheap. Did anyone buy one and have no use for it? Would definitely be interested in buying it off someone.
    Or does anyone know if any of the Limerick stores are stocking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

still plenty of the duracell instant chargers left in tesco celbridge scanning at 1.90

Hi Millhouse,

where are these in the store, I tried the USB keys last night but they were full price

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭laurynsmam

Did anyone get any Barbie's that they don't want or the peppa pig doctor set even..
    Or even the sony camera that was going for €20

All on the Santa list this year and I missed out on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 millhouse11

The Mulk wrote: »
    Hi Millhouse,

where are these in the store, I tried the USB keys last night but they were full price

hi still there this morning, just facing the tills where they sell all the batteries, still plenty left,

Went in this morning, no HP 16gb left, sold them all on Sunday for €3.60 each:eek: won't be getting any more.
    Got a handful of 4gb and price checked them, "Contact member of staff" I did but they knew nothing, "Manager please", checks price €12.99, "But boards.ie, other stores, €2 each bla bla" " Sorry no can do but the 8gb are reduced I think"
    Price checked them €24.99, brought them to the manager €8.49 at least 20 left.
    Also ScanDisk 8 gb at €8.02 plenty left.
    4+4 batteries €4.30 no joy.
    Toshiba 32" €299 only seen the one, not a great bargain.
    QED HDMI cable €4.60, price on shelf, put in OH's trolly, just checked receipt €14.82:mad:, I'll be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

QED HDMI cable €4.60, price on shelf, put in OH's trolly, just checked receipt €14.82, I'll be back

Don't you get it for free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Del007

thegift06 wrote: »
    picked up a pair of phillips in-ear headphones in tesco maynooth for €1.90, on amazon for £7.97

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHE2550-00-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B000FQJM9E

philips-in-ear-headphones-she2550&docid=tvSm3IBaEEyBPM&w=1000&h=1000&ei=BzOKTt2tAs-n8QPKiPhe&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=460&page=1&tbnh=146&tbnw=135&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=51&ty=98

Were these with the other earphones?

I scanned the philips earphones there and they were all normal price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Don't you get it for free?

No you get double the difference which will be Nearly €21 by my count.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mtkenne2

where in the uk would i get this please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

In Mahon Campingaz Lumogaz plus lantern thingy €1.50 (from €15)
    23568.jpg
    Does not include the Gas thingy which are are down to €1.25. So not too bad. Loads of the lanterns left and a few canisters too at about 1.30pm. Also a windbreaker reduced to €4.75 from €19 http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-0258.aspx A few of them left too. Scanned a few things in the camping section but the above were the only things I could find reduced. Worth keeping an eye on the camping stuff as HUKD is reporting a lot of reductions.
    FM Scan Pocket radio at 62 c which takes 2 aaa batteries http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.209-7823.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Hmm, a pretty random campaign, mainly outside Dublin too, it seems.. I asked for help at the Dun Laoghaire branch, like chatting to a stone..

If we can't price an item at the terminal, the price on the strip bar is the price it is sold at.

I was trying to scan the SanDisk and HP.

Black Ops on the part of Tesco, feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

Del007 wrote: »
    Were these with the other earphones?

I scanned the philips earphones there and they were all normal price

yeh was with the rest and had a yellow €1.90 sticker, think there was one left after i bought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭magicEye

De-Icer - Auto care brand, 500ml trigger bottle, 10c today in Roxboro Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Amalgam wrote: »
    mainly outside Dublin too, it seems..

I'm sure its just that the stuff sold out superfast in Dublin I've seen people with trolleys full of irons and crap when they've had these offers before. Probably down moore street that afternoon :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'm sure its just that the stuff sold out superfast in Dublin I've seen people with trolleys full of irons and crap when they've had these offers before. Probably down moore street that afternoon

Why would you need 10 irons........
    All they have to do is bring in the old "customer quotas apply".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

moodrater wrote: »
    I'm sure its just that the stuff sold out superfast in Dublin I've seen people with trolleys full of irons and crap when they've had these offers before. Probably down moore street that afternoon :o

:confused: Usual lingo on Moore Street is Bannnnaaazz 10 4 a urrrdo, I don't think people sell Irons down there though.

Amalgam wrote: »
    Hmm, a pretty random campaign, mainly outside Dublin too, it seems.. I asked for help at the Dun Laoghaire branch, like chatting to a stone..

If we can't price an item at the terminal, the price on the strip bar is the price it is sold at.

I was trying to scan the SanDisk and HP.

Black Ops on the part of Tesco, feckers.
    Clarehall had 6 HP 4GB cards when I was out there last week.

Also had a couple of angle grinders.

Clearwater had a few packs of batteries too last week (maybe 2 weeks ago).

I would say moodrater is right. Things just sell out much quicker in Dublin. Can't forget about the staff too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Was in the above store today and picked up a MDF Table/TV stand for a 32" TV for €1.40, few lwft on the shelf, checkout girl gave me a funny look as I strolled up with €2 in my hand :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

laurynsmam wrote: »
    Did anyone get any Barbie's that they don't want or the peppa pig doctor set even..
    Or even the sony camera that was going for €20

All on the Santa list this year and I missed out on them.

There are 3 or 4 of the peppa doctor sets for 7.99 in Tesco Nutgrove. I see Smyths are selling them for 14.99 too, so not too bad if Nutgrove's nowhere near you.

Also in Nutgrove they have 3 or 4 of those QED HDMI cables marked at 14.99, but scanning at 4.51 or something similar.

Don't think there's anything else though.

Manager in Ashbourne said different stores are getting rid of different stock so if Ashbourne sells a good few 4gb sticks then they will keep them in stock at the old price €12.99 if not will get rid of them at €2.
    Seems very drastic way of clearing stock before Christmas.

This is a list of electricals compiled by a poster on a UK site. Its not comprehensive but I found a few things on it that were also reduced here. I think a lot of the stuff is older stock so there isn't much about at this stage. I got the last 4gb sdhc today it definitely wasn't there last week.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B-rSPHyTZ4CsYjMzNjcyZDgtNzBhNy00OGU3LWI1NTgtYThlMzFjNWExOGI1&hl=en_US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

sugarman wrote: »
    There is none.

There is actually, in the 'rashers and sausages' aisle.. used it today to find absolutely no bargains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Those Duracell Ultra M3 4+4 free are back to a shocking €10.50 on the shalf. Scanning at €6 though (I passed even with almost half the marked price off, still too dear for my liking), but still amazing how a misprice can be such a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

This is a list of electricals compiled by a poster on a UK site. Its not comprehensive but I found a few things on it that were also reduced here. I think a lot of the stuff is older stock so there isn't much about at this stage. I got the last 4gb sdhc today it definitely wasn't there last week.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B-rSPHyTZ4CsYjMzNjcyZDgtNzBhNy00OGU3LWI1NTgtYThlMzFjNWExOGI1&hl=en_US

Has anyone seen that angle grinder anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I have a few of the Duracell products if anyone wants to swap for other stuff?

(Chargers back to full price in Sligo, some batteries still going for cents.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

can you stop scanning and leaving at the scanner, the amount of extra work you are giving us is unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

dogtoffee wrote: »
    can you stop scanning and leaving at the scanner, the amount of extra work you are giving us is unreal

Tell them where the bargains are. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tell them where the bargains are. :pac:

You tie him up and i'll start using the tickly feather till he talks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Perhaps you could suggest to your management that Tesco employ a more transparent pricing policy then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

but at least you have a job :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

well if Tesco had the correct prices on the shelf we wouldn't have to go scanning the stuff ourselves :cool:

Advertisement