Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best headphones for iphone

• 23-09-2011 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi all,

Im looking to get a set of headphones to replace my iphones pretty sh*t standard ones that come in the box and was wondering if any1 cud recommend some?

First off they obviously have to be fully compatible with iphone for calls, skip track, volume etc. After that im looking for something capable of producing loud n crisp beats (the louder the better) and also some serious bass (very important)!! Another factor is obviously noise cancelling and sound leakage....

I looked at these -

http://www.bose.ie/IE/en/home-and-personal-audio/headphones-and-headsets/audio-and-mobile-headphones/bose-mie2i-mobile-headset/

- in the Bose shop in Dundrum and although the sound was decent im pretty sure i cud find better (e.g. similar sound quality for cheaper or superior sound quality for same price) and also i didnt like the fact that there is no jacket clip considering it probably costs a few cents to manufacture and they are €130!

I dont particularly want to spend more than €100 on a set but would consider a little more for the right set!

Thanks in advance for all your help and suggestions :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 graw123

I started reading this post and straight away the bose MIE2i headphones popped into my head but you've found them already! Great set of headphones couldn't recommend them enough. Bose has a great reputation for headphones and the parts they use are expensive so don't worry about overpaying for the name. You could try price comparison sites to see if you can find them cheaper elsewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 .gerryc

Thanks graw123, glad to hear you recommend them so highly, you obviously own some yourself? Id still like to find others to compare though, if any1 has any other ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 graw123

Yes I own a pair. I originally bought them for running because the standard iphone headphones weren't comfortable and kept falling out. Hope you find yourself a good pair! If I come across any others I'll let you know

Thanks mate! Ive heard from a few online reviews that although the bass is great, the treble isnt quite there, what do you make of that??

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I've been through numerous sets of earphones and most recently picked up the Sennheiser IE8i - more than your budget but I'd save, beg, steal or something to get up to these, the sound is just incredible -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-IE-8i-High-fidelity-Ear-Canal/dp/B003WV391Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316811514&sr=8-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Klipsch image S4i earphones would be worth checking out.

I've been through numerous sets of earphones and most recently picked up the Sennheiser IE8i - more than your budget but I'd save, beg, steal or something to get up to these, the sound is just incredible -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-IE-8i-High-fidelity-Ear-Canal/dp/B003WV391Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316811514&sr=8-1
    cnocbui wrote: »
    The Klipsch image S4i earphones would be worth checking out.

Thanks for the input ppl ;)

@Scubadevils - yea they look amazing alright but far too expensive... i couldn't justify spending 300+ blips on a set of headphones!

@cnocbui - the Klipsch's look good but im a bit concerned because of where the controls and mic are because i usually wear my headphones inside a jacket or under a hoody or sumtin so it could be quite awkward to get to them but for the price they really do seem (from reviews read) to be a viable option... do you know of anywhere that stocks them that i might be able to get a test before i buy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭crystallove

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

graw123 wrote: »
    Bose has a great reputation for headphones and the parts they use are expensive so don't worry about overpaying for the name.

Bose has a terrible reputation for headphones and all other audio products.

OP - http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

I know they are expensive but I recently got a set of beats by dr dre.I got the €180 ones.As I said I know they are dear but Jesus the sound is amazing.Totally compatible with iPhone.Cuts out when phone rings,full built in speakers for phone,sound adjustment and button to awnser and hang up.Again sound quality when on the phone is amazing and as I have found,you will always want your iPod on just for the quality..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I know they are expensive but I recently got a set of beats by dr dre.I got the €180 ones.As I said I know they are dear but Jesus the sound is amazing.Totally compatible with iPhone.Cuts out when phone rings,full built in speakers for phone,sound adjustment and button to awnser and hang up.Again sound quality when on the phone is amazing and as I have found,you will always want your iPod on just for the quality..

The sound is mediocre. Poorly balanced and lacking in clarity. Research more next time before you spend nearly €200 on something so overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Very happy with these at the moment: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Etymotic-Earphones-Compatible-iPod-iPhone/dp/B003YTROIU/ref=dp_cp_ob_MI_title_1

Etymotic hf3's. Not cheap though.

Advertisement