Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading A DELL 9150

Options
  • 23-09-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi there,

I need a small bit of advice with regards to my desktop upgrade.

Current System;

Pentium D @ 2.8ghz

2 gigs of DDR ram @ 800Mhz

NVIDIA Geforce 7300 LE

I would like to do some video editing(Sony Vegas 32bit), and at the moment this setup is far too laggy and not suitable. Should I upgrade to 64bit? New graphics card and double the RAM? Any recommendations?

Any info is greatly appreciated,:)

Many thanks,

St.R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

That whole system really needs an upgrade. Today's budget processors are nearly twice as good. That and the RAM are probably your biggest problems.
    If it's choppy and slow overall, it's the CPU that's the problem but if it starts getting slower the more things that are open, I'd look at the RAM. It's not really worth your while to upgrade the CPU at this stage so I suggest that you upgrade the RAM if you don't want to invest in a new system.

If you already have 2x1GB sticks of RAM, you could buy two more to a total of 4GB.
    http://www.memoryc.com/computermemory/ddr2ram.html

Advertisement