Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whee can I buy chilli seeds in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-09-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where is a good place to buy chilli seeds to grow your own chillis?

A good variety would be best but any suggestions is appreciated!

(Maybe this should be in gardening!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Not a great idea to plant chili seeds at this time of year - you'd be better starting them in late February/early March or you can buy small plants in April/May. They are actually perennial so once they you have them growing they'll grow every year. There's a couple of gardening shops at the top of Mary Street (the Capel Street end) which should have them

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

I tuck the seeds out of a packet of mixed chillis i got in lidl about 7 different types and all grew for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

I tuck the seeds out of a packet of mixed chillis i got in lidl about 7 different types and all grew for me.

Chili seeds are resilient little things. Seeds from most store-bought fresh or dried chili's should germinate no problem. Though as has been said you would probably need the sun hours of the summer to get any fruit. A grow lamp may help.

For something a bit interesting you could get some seed from Chili Seeds in the UK. They have an amazing variety and seeds I got from them (granted it was a couple of years ago) had a really high germination rate.

Advertisement