Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about parking for the evening in city centre?

Options
  • 23-09-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

I don't drive myself, I've never needed to so I haven't a clue about this. I've a friend who will be visiting next month, just for the afternoon/evening to see a show. I live in the city centre with no access to personal parking whatsoever, so I have no idea where he's gonna put his car. He's not here often either so he doesn't know the city roads too well. I'm just wondering if anyone could help me out by telling me, basically, the best place for him to throw his car for a few hours ranging from early evening (maybe around 5 or 6) until after the show (maybe around 11) that isn't going to be mind numbingly expensive or get his car clamped.

I have one other acquaintance who visits a friend here on occasion and he just lets his car get clamped all the time apparently :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance peeps!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BarneyMagee

Is the show they want to see in the Opera House?
    If so then he could park in Paul Street multi-storey for €2 an hour.
    Across the river from the Opera House is Carrols' Quay multi-storey which has an evening rate of €6.
    However both of these close at midnight.

The other alternative is to use on street disc parking. He just needs to put a €2 disc up to cover him up until 6.30pm. It's free after that. He can buy a disc in any decent newsagent. Most of the city centre on-street spots are for one-hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

The other alternative is to use on street disc parking. He just needs to put a €2 disc up to cover him up until 6.30pm. It's free after that. He can buy a disc in any decent newsagent. Most of the city centre on-street spots are for one-hour.

Given the time I'd take this option. Popes Quay is probably your best bet (and I think it might be 2 hours), it's very close to the Opera House and should have spaces after 5.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

Thanks for the help guys. Not sure how helpful two hour street parking is if he's gonna be around for six hours though :/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

_Roz_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the help guys. Not sure how helpful two hour street parking is if he's gonna be around for six hours though :/

Advertisement