Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to mount an iso file

Options
  • 23-09-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

hi

i was tryin to use few iso files recently, everything went well , i used power iso to mount the images , & got the files or programs to work fine , but when i restart the pc , the mounted drive is no longer there & the shortcut icons in the desktop r not working at all .
    could anyone please tell me what i'm doin wrong ! how can i access the file or programs without having to mount the image every time i want to use it ?

( please Ret***me do not close this thread , i don't c anything wrong with it !! )

regards

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are you mounting CDs to play copied games?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 adam111111

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Are you mounting CDs to play copied games?

not games , but regular programs that happen to be in iso format. legal stuff , but because i thought people in this forum may have the knowledge i need to fix my problem that is why i came here .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Try daemon tools. It's free and works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 adam111111

thank you i will .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Power ISO has an option to maintain the mount. If you have software preventing items being added to the startup you'll have to add an exception for power ISO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just use winrar to extract the image and install as normal, no mounting involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I find MagicDisc to be the most straight-forward way to mount .iso files. Daemon tools gets arsey sometimes. It's proper freeware too not "freemium".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Daemon Tools Lite is my personal choice. Easy to use, and free. Used it for years with no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

MagicDisc, right click on the icon in the system tray, click mount, select your file and the job is done. Stays mounted until you unmount it again

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Alcohol 52% is decent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Kiith wrote: »
    Daemon Tools Lite is my personal choice. Easy to use, and free. Used it for years with no issues.

This, very much. Never ever had a problem with DT.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just be careful installing DT as it want's to install all kinds of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

adam111111 wrote: »
    not games , but regular programs that happen to be in iso format. legal stuff , but because i thought people in this forum may have the knowledge i need to fix my problem that is why i came here .

what are the programmes??

Always wanted a legit iso!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

5uspect wrote: »
    Just be careful installing DT as it want's to install all kinds of crap.

PowerISO, all the fun of DT with no bloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    what are the programmes??

Always wanted a legit iso!!:D

there are tons of them, mainly OS' though. fail to see what this has got to do with games though?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Agreed. I think the question has been answered. Closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement