Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of preparing a garden for sowing grass

Options
  • 23-09-2011 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,

I'm living in Offaly and have a garden (well a field) thats about 3/4 of an acre in size. At the moment its mostly bare with very few small weeds as a result of constant spraying. It was rotavated a couple of times early in the year so the ground is loose enough. It has a lot of stones on the surface though.

Has anyone got an idea (any idea at all) of what it would cost to get the stones removed and ground levelled so that i can sow grass seed in it ?? I've got the seed already so i just need the ground prepared.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I live near Mullingar and like you have a stony 3/4 acre garden to get sown, only difference is I need to scrape off the dead scraw and to get 8 lorry loads of topsoil spread. I got a quote for all the work including seeding of €2,400. this includes digger, harrow, stone burier and seeder. the guy recons there is 3-4 days work in it.

Advertisement