Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Smoking Messages

• 23-09-2011 4:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭

How bad would the negative anti-smoking messages have to be to make you stop smoking?

Would the graphic cancer pics put you off smoking?

Do smokers think that these messages are a waste of time or do they help to reduce the amount of cigarettes smoked??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

A bit like any recent graphic RSA tv ad involving car crashes you become immune to it after the first couple of views. I've bought cigarettes from the UK and after the initial :eek::eek::eek: when you see the pic on the box you don't even notice it.

I can only speak for myself but they can bombard me with all the images in the world but it won't make a blind bit of difference. I'm getting progressively more militant about my rights as a smoker as i get older,it'll take more than a few pics and scary warnings to make me change. And besides,that's what cigarette cases are for!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I cant imagine any of those pictures putting me off smoking and i think they are a waste of time.

They could try going the other way, Pink cigarette packet, picture of jedward embezzled across the pack, penis shaped filters. That could work :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,789 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - Please read and understand the forum charter before you post again.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement