Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it October 31st you have to switch courses?

Options
  • 23-09-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Are there any limitations? Like, if I'm studying fine arts in mountjoy square, can I change to something completely different? Also can it be to a different college?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

You have untill 31st October to drop out all together without incurring any fees, and without it having any effect on your application for a grant or your entitlement to free fees next year.

As far as I know, and I'm open to correction, you cannot just change courses because you feel like it.

You would have to apply again either via CAO or Direct Entry, both options mean waiting till September next year before taking your new course.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Thanks a lot.

Basically the course I'm on is not what I expected it to be. I talked to my teacher about this already and gave it a week in case it was just nerves, but it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Have i got this right?? if a person drops from their subject and someone drops from another that that you quite like you can't apply for it?? does anyone get these spare places ?? :confused:
    I have a son in the same position, doesn't like the course but would like to go for another in the same collage if someone dropped out of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Have i got this right?? if a person drops from their subject and someone drops from another that that you quite like you can't apply for it?? does anyone get these spare places ?? :confused:
    I have a son in the same position, doesn't like the course but would like to go for another in the same collage if someone dropped out of it.

As far as i know that is the situation, but you'd need to confirm this with the college.

Advertisement