Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon TCG Tournaments

• 23-09-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

I'll warn you in advance I only know of the events kicking off in my area in the UK

Thought I'd let a few folks know of some of the upcoming special events in the TCG side of things over here. If you want to go to them I can put you up for a few nights (if I'm around that is!).

Thursday 20th October Battle Road (win some boosters and a shot at winning a "Victory Medal" Card with Victini (couldn't find the scan, Sorry :()

Saturday 22 October
    Another Battle Road (same as the above)

Sunday 6 November
    Nobel Victinis Noble Victories PreRelease

Although not advertised this club usually does PreReleases on the following two Thursdays (and sometimes Saturday/Sundays) after the first Sunday one, so that's Nov 10th and 17th also.

• Battle Roads are Constructed (build your own) Modified (use only the current cards) and cost £5. The allowed cards are those with the following symbols in the bottom right corner (and the originals if they are reprints):
    • 30px-SetSymbolHeartGold_and_SoulSilver.png, 30px-SetSymbolUnleashed.png, 30px-SetSymbolUndaunted.png, 30px-SetSymbolTriumphant.png, 30px-SetSymbolCall_of_Legends.png, 30px-SetSymbolBlack_and_White.png and 30px-SetSymbolEmerging_Powers.png. If you want to go but don't have a deck let me know and I can lend/build you one for the event.

• A PreRelease is Limited (you are restricted to the cards you get) Constructed (build your own) and costs £20. For this you get either 5 or 6 boosters (I forget which) and you build a 40 card deck (basic energy is available on lend). Even if you come last you get another 2 boosters, a PreRelease stamped Promo card and "Something Cool". Previous "Something Cool" have been special sleeves or deckboxes only available at the PreRelease.

The club I go to is The Gamer's Guild if you want to check it out (the site is slightly out of date).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Too late to edit so double post boldness for me, it's the Victory Cup Promos for the Battle Roads:
    displayimage.php?imageid=52378
    displayimage.php?imageid=52391
    displayimage.php?imageid=52377
    Is it just me or does it look like Reshiram and Zekrom are about to cook Victini in his own trophy on the 1st Place card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I bet he tastes like chicken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Oooh those are nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 davidg61

Any chance of any sanctioned tournaments (and ultimately battle roads) happening in Dublin? I'd love to have more than one reason to visit my family in the capital :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

davidg61 wrote: »
    Any chance of any sanctioned tournaments (and ultimately battle roads) happening in Dublin? I'd love to have more than one reason to visit my family in the capital :D

We used to run a bit of league for a while but it kinda feel apart over the Summer months and then members had LC and college to sort out. Nothing more has been done about it now for a while. Maybe people would be interesed after Halloween or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    We used to run a bit of league for a while but it kinda feel apart over the Summer months and then members had LC and college to sort out. Nothing more has been done about it now for a while. Maybe people would be interesed after Halloween or something?

I meant to ask what happened in the end. It looked like it was about to start again for a while there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

I meant to ask what happened in the end. It looked like it was about to start again for a while there.

Problem is I'm a lazy bastard and that Ian dude from Pokémon UK is a bit of a dosser as well it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

And sorry for double but Fair ****in play to you Buzz!!!!
    All hail our gracious (original league) Leader!

Advertisement