Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB NEW Saver Plan

• 23-09-2011 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Just looking at the esb and their new 6 % saver plan, i feel its a bit irish only to give it to people who use Ebilling & DD..

I use Ebilling but dont want to have to use DD i feel that going to my local PO and handing a 10 a week is best suited to me. my bills are rarely high the highest ESB bill i had for 2 months was 110 euro. but still do any one know if they are offering discounts without having to go dd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You do what suits you and that unfortunately costs you money. Electric Ireland offer the discount because DD is less expensive for them. They have to pay An Post to collect payments on their behalf and then process the payments. It's hardly rocket science.

I believe they do have other non-DD offer. Go to the Talk to....ESB Electric Ireland and ask there perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Talk to ESB forum

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hi Cork24,

We are currently offering discounts for direct debit and online billing, however we are also offering additional discounts for piped gas. We can offer up to 6% off your gas units, with direct debit and online billing. When you switch gas, we can also offer an additional 3% off your electricity units. These are the only discounts we are offering at present.

If you wish to avail of any of these discounts you can PM me your details and I can apply them for you. Alternatively, you can contact us on 1850 30 50 90 or switch your price plan online here.

Mark

Advertisement