Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College fees after dropping out

Options
  • 23-09-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I dropped out of a 4 year Level 8 course after the first year two years ago. I was eligible for 'free EU fees' for that year. I returned to college last year to attended a 3 year Level 8 in which I paid full fees for my first year. I have passed first and I am about to start my second year.

I was wondering if I will have to pay full fees again this year or will I be eligible for 'free EU fees'? I'm also in receipt of a full grant for this year. I can't seem to find any information any where.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭timex711

i dont know what my options are either.

i dropped out of college at christmas 2 years ago, then still had "free eu fees" only paying E1500 when i went back to college last september.

but now having failed first year, i am thinking of re-applying (again) to the cao for next september,

how much would that cost me??

or how much would it cost me to repeat first year in a level 7 engineering course in dundalk???

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

cgxx wrote: »
    Hi,

I dropped out of a 4 year Level 8 course after the first year two years ago. I was eligible for 'free EU fees' for that year. I returned to college last year to attended a 3 year Level 8 in which I paid full fees for my first year. I have passed first and I am about to start my second year.

I was wondering if I will have to pay full fees again this year or will I be eligible for 'free EU fees'? I'm also in receipt of a full grant for this year. I can't seem to find any information any where.

Thanks.

Yes, you're entitled to free fees!

You get each year free once, so you're good for second year, Best of Luck!!!

Advertisement