Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mange in a Puppy

• 23-09-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Hi., I volunteer weekend BnB services to my local rescue centre. I've agreed to take an 8 week old puppy who has mange (I'm assuming it is sarcoptic since he has to be isolated from other dogs). He's been to the vet and has been treated, and he's staying with me until Monday night. Is there any advice for dealing with a puppy with this condition? Any precautions I should be taking myself? From what I've read, they can spread to humans (the mites) but can't survive in human skin, and the most I will contract is a temporary and itchy rash. Any words on that? I don't really mind if that's all - the poor tyke has had it hard enough. Just want to make sure it's the smoothest weekend for both of us :D

Advertisement