Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop screen repair/replacement

Options
  • 23-09-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone tell me wheres the best place in Letterkenny to get my laptop screen repaired or replaced? my dog knocked mine off the couch & the screen shattered ;( ......or does anyone want a dog in exchange for a laptop ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Believe Grant computers in Ballyboffey supposed to be good an not that far away, couldn't tell ye about anyone in LK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I got mine fixed here mate great value

I use ComCubed in Collon Terrace
    Buncrana Road
    Derry

Have got a few things for my different computers there

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

Did you try here,cyberworld?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Might be too far away but there is a place in Ballyshannon opposite Sean Ogs pub that does that sorta thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

thanks to all for the replies .. rang a few shops already getting quoted some crazy prices all over €150...doesnt make much sense when i can get a laptop second hand for that easily... so i think i will just buy a monitor & hook it up to that till i can save for a new one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jmark

There are monitors on Gumtree.co.uk for next to nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jmark

Send me a private message if you want a CRT monitor for the taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

If you have a laptop with a broken screen is it possible to connect it to another laptop and transfer the files?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

martyeds wrote: »
    If you have a laptop with a broken screen is it possible to connect it to another laptop and transfer the files?
    if its just the screen then yea all the files are safe. its possible to get things where you take out the hard drive and plug it into another computer like a usb. there is a random one i found of a google search for €27 will give you an idea. (shop around though)
    http://www.memoryc.com/storageproducts/hddenclosures/filemate35sataharddriveenclosureusb20esatawhite.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

The thing ya want is a Hard drive Caddy. To get the correct one you will need to take out your hard drive (usually held in with 1 screw) and count the amount of pins it uses to connect, then buy your the caddy with the correct number of pins ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

What model is the laptop? I do repairs (and a **** lot cheaper than 150).

Flibbles wrote: »
    What model is the laptop? I do repairs (and a **** lot cheaper than 150).

its a fujitsu siemens esprimo v5535 fibbles lowest quote ive had is 90 sterling from the one above in derry... also looking for a decent size hard drive for PS3 if anyone is selling any ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    its a fujitsu siemens esprimo v5535 fibbles lowest quote ive had is 90 sterling from the one above in derry... also looking for a decent size hard drive for PS3 if anyone is selling any ??

Try CEX in Derry for that (across from superdrug)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Looking at (unfortunately) 90 odd euro for the screen and 20 to actually fit it. I'd say go with the guys in Derry since they're a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

@ martyeds: When you take out the hard drive if the connectors looks like this then you need IDE Caddy;
    If they look like this then you need a SATA Caddy.

On the replacement screen thing, £90 sounds like a good price given that ComCubed are being constantly praised by Broxi_Bear_Eire on here an no one is dis agreeing with him..

it is a good deal ...however my laptop was on its last legs so im just gonna hook it up to a monitor & invest in a new one when ive saved enough...if it was a new-ish laptop id deffo have went for ConCubed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bellarose

I'm based in Letterkenny but go to Complete Computing Solutions in Donegal Town, won't pass them for service. Well worth the trip as have always found them very reasonable and straight talking, no hidden costs. :D

Advertisement