Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS Problems UPC

Options
  • 23-09-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently got wireless set up in the house. I have scientific atlanta modem with upc that feeds into a wireless router. I have a pc that gets a wired connection through the back of the dlink wireless modem. Then off the wireless I run a laptop and my iphone. However it seems that the internet and the PC and the laptop cannot work at the same time. So if I was browsing on the laptop and the I need to use the pc I hit a dns error. To solve it I have to turn off the cable modem, the wireless modem and then reregister dns through ipconfig. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks

btw, the iphone always works fine. Just seems to be a problem between the pc and laptop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Hi,

Recently got wireless set up in the house. I have scientific atlanta modem with upc that feeds into a wireless router. I have a pc that gets a wired connection through the back of the dlink wireless modem. Then off the wireless I run a laptop and my iphone. However it seems that the internet and the PC and the laptop cannot work at the same time. So if I was browsing on the laptop and the I need to use the pc I hit a dns error. To solve it I have to turn off the cable modem, the wireless modem and then reregister dns through ipconfig. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks

btw, the iphone always works fine. Just seems to be a problem between the pc and laptop

Have you got it set to automatically obtain ip and dns settings. For dns try using google dns instead 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Advertisement