Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Tweeters

• 23-09-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi I have tweeters in my car and dont think they are working (well no sound coming out of them:/ ha)

What way are they wired up does anyone know so i can have a look in the morning

have the car nearly 2 month and only noticed them now hahahaa

david.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I genuinely thought this thread was about people being on Twitter in their cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

get an mp3 file of a 1200Hz sound and play it in the car if its loud then your tweeters most likely work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Tweeters only produce very high frequencies, so it might not be something you can sense when listening normally in the car, you'd need to get your ear right up against them.

They can be wired one of two ways. Daisychained through larger speakers with a built in crossover, or directly from the stereo with a smaller passive crossover attached to the tweeter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

baz2009 wrote: »
    I genuinely thought this thread was about people being on Twitter in their cars.

haha sorry mate:) only clicked with me there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

baz2009 wrote: »
    Ditto...

• Advertisement

Owen wrote: »
    Tweeters only produce very high frequencies, so it might not be something you can sense when listening normally in the car, you'd need to get your ear right up against them.

They can be wired one of two ways. Daisychained through larger speakers with a built in crossover, or directly from the stereo with a smaller passive crossover attached to the tweeter.

ah theres no sound coming at all, blasted a high pitched dance tune up to the last and nothing from there, i just dont think there wired up as should be:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You sure they're in there? I wouldn't put it past some manufacturers to have tweeter grills and nothing behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Owen wrote: »
    You sure they're in there? I wouldn't put it past some manufacturers to have tweeter grills and nothing behind them.

vw and subaru are particularly good at this

Ya def there:) took off cover to see was it moving when music on:)just wondering where its wired to, it think its to the speakers inside the door panel:)

il have to have a better look 2mor:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

If you've got an aftermarket radio, use the settings to send all audio to one side of the car, then send them to the front of the car only, then disconnect your door speaker. This is what I did to ensure my tweeters were working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Check your bass/treble settings, the bass might be turned up full and treble turned down meaning very little high frequency sound is getting sent out?

choons wrote: »
    Check your bass/treble settings, the bass might be turned up full and treble turned down meaning very little high frequency sound is getting sent out?

il try that, fiddled around with settings earlier on and music became much cleared/louder:)

cheers

Advertisement