Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan Conversion

Options
  • 23-09-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,

So I'm thinking about buying an old van and converting it into a camper. Im looking at a LWB Ducato or Transit or the like, I'm not too picky about the type of van as long as its LWB, preferably high roof and a decent sized engine. I teach carpentry/ woodwork for a living so the general DIY isnt a problem bar some of the electrics and some of the plumbing!

Anyhoo, I'm wondering has anyone out there done anything similar and if ye had any advice etc..??

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

welcome to boards
    click this link
    some great advice from the master
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056060300
    you can start your own thread and let us know how you get on with your conversion

there is also a "search this forum" button on the first page of every forum
    click this and do a quick search for what you require
    most will have been covered before but dont be afraid to ask if you cant find it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I was going to say 'ahem' and point to my sig, but I guess meercat has beaten me to it.....

Cheers man.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 p_oneill

cheers guys,fairly substantial stuff there!were the electrics and plumbing tough buford?havnt read through the whole thing yet but im about to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

p_oneill wrote: »
    cheers guys,fairly substantial stuff there!were the electrics and plumbing tough buford?havnt read through the whole thing yet but im about to!!

Not really, but it depends on your level of skill in these jobs, and the requirements for the build

For example, my night heater is 24V and all the rest of the van is 12V, so I had to some clever wiring with relays etc.

Put it this way, once you decide what you're putting in, then sit down and see can you draw out the requirements on a sheet of paper. If you can do it, then you should be fine. If you can't do it, then you may need help.

Advertisement