Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Antrim - car?

Options
  • 23-09-2011 9:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭

Howdy,

how long is the drive to Antrim(Giants causeway) from Dublin? Anybody suggest a route preferably along the coast? Also whats the story with driving up north with a southern reg these days - is it cool or are there areas to be avoided?

Any info appreciated

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Howdy,

how long is the drive to Antrim(Giants causeway) from Dublin? Anybody suggest a route preferably along the coast? Also whats the story with driving up north with a southern reg these days - is it cool or are there areas to be avoided?

Any info appreciated

cheers

You'll be grand with a southern reg. Take the A2 Coast Road from Larne round to the Causeway. It's got some stunning scenery :cool:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭Polygon_window

Penfailed wrote: »
    You'll be grand with a southern reg. Take the A2 Coast Road from Larne round to the Causeway. It's got some stunning scenery :cool:

thanx guys, went uhe cost road, quite pretty indeed :) Came back through the main road then through Dervoy is it, little dodgey there with loyalist stronghold painted all over the shop, apart from seeing the union jack around it was a good trip!!! cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Hi it's dervock and you picked the right time to come was 25c yesterday... But them areas are fine they aren't going to do anything to you those are just normal people with flags out of their houses the areas you should watch are council estates And parts of Belfast it's fine up here No one cares I wish southerners would grow up and stop going on about flags you Protestants aren't the friggen big foot Protestants are normal people lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I'm sure the OP is plenty grown up Owen. You never see people with flags on their houses (county colours excepted!) or the pavements painted south of the border.

• Advertisement

So what I'm just sick of southerns going on as if Protestants are the big eyed monster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭wee truck big driver

so the flags arent there to intimidate people. dtrange how you can dive all around actual britain and not see one union jack. then drive around ireland and its covered in them.

Northern Irish people are just proud of their culture that's why I know I'm very proud to be nothern Irish! That's the way we are

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'm away to start another thread...;)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

owenc wrote: »
    Northern Irish people are just proud of their culture that's why I know I'm very proud to be nothern Irish! That's the way we are

I have friends up in Antrim who removed several red and white flags recently ;)

Things are more peaceful after the redundant one-way system beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement