Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with the fireworks?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

eleMental wrote: »

maybe there's lessons here all round. the people who didnt know, yep, need to read, google, listen more and get up off the couches and get more involved locally. but perhaps also for the next time round (and i really hope there is one because i adore fireworks) the organisers might look to publicise the event a bit differently, thats all.

Can I ask how you would advertise this differently than was done?

"40 posters around the town including Charlesland and Eden Gate & Kilcoole. It was on East Coast Radio, parish bulletins, Facebook and two major pieces over the past two weeks in the Bray people and North Wicklow Times. It was even on the GUBOH facebook page."

"it was listed quite prominently in the Irish Times on Friday......listed as one of the top 5 open air events to be held"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Advertise it as a fireworks display rather than a light and fire display.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Advertise it as a fireworks display rather than a light and fire display.

Good point. Clarity is light....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

It sounds like you did do the right things in advertising it, but I still hadn't heard about it until a member of my family told me that they were leaving in an hour to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Signs erected on the side of the road are viewed as litter by the council and one can be fined 150 quid per sign if they take them up (and they charge you for storage too).

Culture night is a national event and was advertised and publicised on the national airwaves, in the national press as well as locally in papers (there was an ad in the Bray People & The North wicklow Times), on radio and in the Wicklow Culture Night brochure.

It doesn't take too much effort to then look up to see what's going on in your area. I'm surprised that people in Greystones weren't more aware of this as it's a fairly small community.

I often hear people bemoaning the fact that there's "nothing to do around here" but I've found everywhere I've lived, that if you get involved and look for it, you'll find it.

Maybe the schools could be more involved next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement