Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Carefresh Ultra?

• 23-09-2011 9:46pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping someone has seen this somewhere anywhere, am willing to travel for it!

My mouses prefer this bedding, it's the white Carefresh, I have tried the brown one before but it's a lot rougher, and they kindly pushed it all into the corner for me. The place I usually order it from has let me down 3 times in a row, so I'm really hoping someone has seen it for sale!

It looks like this:

r6Q68l.jpg

At the moment we're reduced to using white unbleached non-coloured kitchen towels, which is not extremely cost effective....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Never seen it before but interesting, I used to use Carefresh with hammies and gerbils and they really loved it. Does zooplus stock it? If not you can send them a message on FB they are usually good at adding new stuff if there's enough demand for it get a few other rodenty folk to ask as well and see if they can get it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I think the only one Zooplus do is Supreme Carefresh, seems to be a good bit different to the Carefresh Ultra. Looks like pellets/wood chips.

I found Carefresh Ultra on eBay (Silverfish I'm sure you did too), €6 for 10L but P&P is 38 Dollars! :eek:

Another online site is here
    Shipping is a bit more confusing there, I think they ship to Ireland, and if so the postage *may* be £2 for up to 500g, and £5 for 500g-2kg.

That said, as Sigma suggested, it might be an idea to email zooplus & see if they might stock it. I'll keep an eye out in my local pet shops anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

star-pants wrote: »
    I think the only one Zooplus do is Supreme Carefresh, seems to be a good bit different to the Carefresh Ultra. Looks like pellets/wood chips.

I found Carefresh Ultra on eBay (Silverfish I'm sure you did too), €6 for 10L but P&P is 38 Dollars! :eek:

Another online site is here
    Shipping is a bit more confusing there, I think they ship to Ireland, and if so the postage *may* be £2 for up to 500g, and £5 for 500g-2kg.

That said, as Sigma suggested, it might be an idea to email zooplus & see if they might stock it. I'll keep an eye out in my local pet shops anyway.

The shipping on the Ebay one is madness, and if my mousies really want it, they can look into raising the funds for it themselves :P

Monster pet supplies sadly don't ship to Ireland, but I'll shoot zooplus an email!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Silverfish wrote: »
    The shipping on the Ebay one is madness, and if my mousies really want it, they can look into raising the funds for it themselves :P

Monster pet supplies sadly don't ship to Ireland, but I'll shoot zooplus an email!

I know some of the things that come from the States have ridiculous shipping!
    (I do have a cute image of the mousies trying a bake sale :D )

Ah sorry, I wasn't too sure about Monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yeh shipping from the states can be crazy I was going to order a wee cookie cutter and the shipping was nearly 20 quid..so I didn't obviously.

The hamsters I used to have loves plain white kitchen roll, I used regular carefresh but gave them sheets of plain white kitchen roll for them to tear up and use as bedding. I used the cheapy stuff but maybe if you used regular carefresh and then a good quality plain white kitchen roll they might like that to rip up and use as bedding.

I also at one stage used play sand..it was already cleaned and non toxic and the gerbils loved it. Although it did start to smell so it lasts as long as woodchips I suppose when it comes to smell.

Aren't there those cotton pods that you can get you might be able to get them on bird sites, not sure if they are suitable for pet mice but might be worth looking up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement