Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never have I ever...

Options
  • 23-09-2011 10:05pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a similar thread in the Dublin city forum where people who live in Dublin discuss things that they've never actually gotten around to doing and it made me wonder if there are things in Sligo that some of us take for granted but have never actually done.

Me? Never climbed Ben Bulben (I've driven up from Glencar but that doesn't count :P)

So who's never surfed? Never had a pint of Guinness in Shoots? Never scoffed a bag of chips from 4 Lights/Molly's? Never been to a show in the Hawk's Well? Never climbed Knocknarea? Never danced your backside off in Toff's or Equinox/Envy/Pure (or whatever it is they're calling it this weather :D)

Is there anything else that you lovely Sligonian Boardsies haven't done/always wanted to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Never have I ever had one of those famous seaweed baths!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

So who's never surfed? Never had a pint of Guinness in Shoots? Never scoffed a bag of chips from 4 Lights/Molly's? Never been to a show in the Hawk's Well? Never climbed Knocknarea? Never danced your backside off in Toff's or Equinox/Envy/Pure (or whatever it is they're calling it this weather :D)

Never surfed. Pete M. don't surf. Everything else, bar dancing in any of the aforementioned clubs, I have done.

Have worn out plenty of dancing shoes in the Clarence though :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You should try the seaweed baths, they are great. :D

Never climbed Keash, its only a stones throw from me. Haven't climbed Ben Bulben either.

Never surfed in Strandhill but I have had the kayak out in it.

Never visited Yeats grave, drove passed it more times than I care to remember though

Have contemplated but never did the warriors run

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Hmmm must put Keash on my List! Aren't there caves up there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

won the lotto!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭OhYesItIs

I have never been to me...(Charlene)....No, I'll start again.

I've never made love on the dunes near the cape (Rupert Holmes) ...er no I'll start again. I think i might have song lyric tourettes.:D

I've never been in the Glen. I'm told a visit to the Glen inspired Phil Lynott and the boys to write "Emerald"...is this a Sligo myth?

Ive never been in Kilgannons pub neither.

I've never surfed, but theres time yet, (please God) nor walked to Coney or visited Inishmurray Island.

Oh well, so much to do, so little time to do it.

jazyguy wrote: »
    won the lotto!!!!!!

:confused: Did you even bother to actually read my OP? :rolleyes:

OhYesItIs wrote: »
    I have never been to me...(Charlene)....No, I'll start again.

I've never made love on the dunes near the cape (Rupert Holmes) ...er no I'll start again. I think i might have song lyric tourettes.:D

I've never been in the Glen. I'm told a visit to the Glen inspired Phil Lynott and the boys to write "Emerald"...is this a Sligo myth?

Ive never been in Kilgannons pub neither.

I've never surfed, but theres time yet, (please God) nor walked to Coney or visited Inishmurray Island.

Oh well, so much to do, so little time to do it.

A man who quotes Rupert Holmes?! I think I'm in love!! :D (I'm not quite sure why I assumed you're a guy, sorry if you're a gal!)

The Glen and Coney are absolute musts, but people have died doing both, so just be careful!

Male, most def:p Escape with me to the Glen:D....yes indeed a sobering thought...also take precautions on the dunes near the cape:D
    A man who quotes Rupert Holmes?! I think I'm in love!! :D (I'm not quite sure why I assumed you're a guy, sorry if you're a gal!)

The Glen and Coney are absolute musts, but people have died doing both, so just be careful!

Male, most def:p Escape with me to the Glen:D

Well getting caught in the rain shouldn't be a problem... If you bring the Pina Coladas then I'm in! :D

• Advertisement

I'll get me coat;)
    Well getting caught in the rain shouldn't be a problem... If you bring the Pina Coladas then I'm in! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Nice one, never heard this before. Would be cool if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of something to contribute! Hell, there's not that much to be done in Sligo but surely i haven't done everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Where is the Glen? Is it the Horseshoe Glen?

On the side of Knocknarea..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'll get me coat;)

A boards wedding :D;)

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of something to contribute! Hell, there's not that much to be done in Sligo but surely i haven't done everything!

Ever been to a match in the Showgrounds or Markievicz? Ever get f***ed out of it by an alco in Stephen St. car park? Ever had a chinese from Mandarin court? It's not just about stuff to do exactly, as it is about things that everyone does in Sligo and are almost a given, but you've never done them. I'm talking about trying to find someone from Sligo who's never eaten in 4 Lights... Or newer been to Riverstown... Or never set foot in Dunnes in Cranmore or something crazy like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

[QUOTE=OhYesItIs;74583622

Been to the glen but have forgotten which road to take now was years ago when I was there...directions??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Male, most def:p Escape with me to the Glen:D....yes indeed a sobering thought...also take precautions on the dunes near the cape:D

Never have I ever bought a hat in Sligo :D

Also, I've never been in the Irish House or The Green Room even though I passed it nearly everyday for months.

Nice one, never heard this before. Would be cool if true!

It would indeed: There is a tenuous link whereby I was told the band were playing at the Silver Slipper, (or whatever it was called then), and had went up to the Glen to smoke a doobie or two, and then came down from the Glen appropriately inspired and/or delusional.:cool:

Oh, while Im here,

I have never had a "lock-in" at Connollys.

Nor have I ever went out to the Hazel Wood because a fire was in my head, I normally go to a pub when that happens.

I have never "walked my dog" or gone "cruising" along the river or Shlish wood or whatever. The practice of which was recently reported in the national tabloids. No, no, no, no, no.:D

Oh, dear, there must be lots of things I havent yet done..:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Wow I've been wracking my brains here trying to think of something but I've actually done quite a lot of quintessentially 'Sligo things!'

I've never board surfed but I kayak surf regularly. I've never eaten in Coach Lane. Never been to or participated in the Warrior's run. Never been to a match in the Showgrounds. Never been to the Blue Lagoon. I've only been to the Sligo Races once and it was only a very brief visit and I didn't pay much attention to the whole thing. All in all though I think I've done pretty well. I love Sligo!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

I've never paid into a gah match in Sligo and never will.

Truley wrote: »
    Never been to the Blue Lagoon.

That was one of the things I meant to suggest, I'm sure almost everyone (except Truley :P) has been to an 18th/21st/30th/engagement/wedding anniversary party in The Blue!

Here's another one- who amongst us here has NEVER been to a function of any description in the Sligo Park Hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

No tis true. Thin Lizzy were regular players in The Baymount Hotel (The Silver Slipper) in Strandhill and often stayed on for a couple of days. Lofty Flynn who used to own The Venue (an unofficial green room to the big names in the day) told Phil about the Glen and he visited it a couple of times so i'm told.
    Where is the Glen? Is it the Horseshoe Glen?

Drive through Strandhill around by Culleenamore, take the narrow steep road up as if going to Knocknarea Car Park. There is a layby half way up (usually where the Warriors Runners turn off to go up the mountain). If you walk back down the hill about 100metres theres a concealed entrance on your left. Head on in, bring wellies. Magical place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

That was one of the things I meant to suggest, I'm sure almost everyone (except Truley :P) has been to an 18th/21st/30th/engagement/wedding anniversary party in The Blue!

Here's another one- who amongst us here has NEVER been to a function of any description in the Sligo Park Hotel?

forever-alone.gif

I've always been intrigued by the balcony type thing on top of the Cathedral turret.

I'd like to climb the steps to that and admire the view.

Perhaps it isn't a balcony at all? (Oh Yes It Is, Oh No It Isn't).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I've never been to the Glen. Done more or less everything else mentioned here though!
    I've never walked to Coney but have travelled by car, bike and boat so I'm counting it as done!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm also in the never climbed Benbulben/Knocknarea camp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

I have never been to a match in the Showgrounds or Markievicz Park.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

I've never climbed Benbulben or Keash despite it being in view of my house! Also never been to a function of anykind in the Blue Lagoon!

Advertisement