Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't connect to live

Options
  • 23-09-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Sorry about starting a new thread if this has already been covered but I couldn't find the solution to my problem anywhere.

I don't exactly know what my problem is...
    ~I'm with eircom and I tried using the security key as the wpa passphrase. It says that an incorrect passphrase MAY be the problem but I'm pretty sure that the security key is the right one from searching internet threads.

~I had a white adapter but the light was red. Does anyone know if that tells me where the problem is? I bought a new black one and although the light is flashing green, I still can't connect.

~I should add that this problem begin when my last moden broke. It was also with eircom, but it was a white one. Eircom sent out a new black one, and it works prefectly otherwise, in terms of connecting to the internet, speed etc.

All help will be greatly appreciated, or even if someone could say that something isn't the problem, ie. the security key is the right thing, it isn't the adapter.

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Okay still no luck. Last time I remember I had to add a filter sort of thing to allow me to play Live. The router page is different though. Can anyone help me on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

what do you mean with adapter ? you mean router ?

I also have eircom at home - have the xbox via Ethernet cable connected to my laptop the laptop is via WIFI connected to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I guess the filter you mean was ports?

Try taking the firewall down in your router and connect to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Thanks for replying. Nah I don't have an ethernet cable from the xbox to the modem, I have an adapter that goes into the back of the xbox to connect.

I'm sure there was some other filter thing I had to do last time but I'll try turning of firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

try turning off your router,leave it off for about 30 seconds or a minute,then try again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

When you were connecting the xbox to the router and entered the pass/WPA, did it accept it? It should show a "tick" in the box when you check the network via the xbox. If it not accepting the WPA make sure you enter it in the correct case as I think it's case sensitive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I'm pretty sure your using a type of encription that the xbox wireless adapter can't recognise. Change the WPA to something different or remove it entirely to see if it connects.

I vaguely remember coming across a thread about this many years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

He/she probably knows but you should add that the WPA should be turned back on, don't want his router open to everyone

Advertisement