Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unused Night storage meter and timeclock

Options
  • 23-09-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

A relative of mine in addition to their normal meter has a storage heating meter with a timeclock.

The storage heaters have been removed years ago.

Is it possible to get the obsolete meter and timeclock removed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi dingding,

Yes it is possible. However, there is a charge for this (see here - the cost is listed as 'Meter Change to Standard Meter'), as it is essentially a tariff change and we would have to arrange to get technicians from ESB Networks to remove it.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Not worth spending €192 euro to get a meter she does not use removed.

She has a separate meter for her domestic usage, so it is not a change of rate.

Just have to put up with looking at the meter and timeclock in the hall for another while. :)

Does not seem efficient from the ESB's point of view as they have to pay to get a meter read that has not had any usage in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kampik

Hi,

is there new link for night storage heater removal pricing or the actual price?

We have a night storage meter and standard price plan. We would like to switch to nightsaver price plan. Is the removal of the storage meter the only cost in process?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Kampik,

To change from night storage heater meter to NightSaver (dual tariff/day and night meter) there is no charge.

NightSaver is the better value option for customers who use a minimum of three units per night.

If you require further info, do let us know.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kampik

I thought that we would have to get removed our "storage heater only" meter and have it replaced with day/night meter. Until now we used the storage heaters very rarely because we use stove as main heating. I would like to have night rate throughout the whole house for all appliances instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

kampik wrote: »
    I thought that we would have to get removed our "storage heater only" meter and have it replaced with day/night meter.
    Hi again Kampik,

Yes, that is what would be carried out and there is no charge. The NightSaver (dual tariff/day and night) meter is applicable to all appliances. It is what customers have instead of a 24-hour meter and has different rates.

With the NightSaver, the day rate is higher, but it works out better value than a standard meter if the customer uses a minimum of three units during the NightSaver hours (every night) as the rate is less than half the day rate between these times (11pm to 8am in winter; midnight to 9am in summer).
    Do let us know if we can assist you further.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marley01

Hi there
    I would like to know how to remove the night storage meter, as im on Glowbug and they only use 1 meter

• Registered Users Posts: 2 marley01

Hi there
    I would like to know how to remove the night storage meter, as im on Glowbug and they only use 1 meter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi marley01,

Thank you for your message.

There is a charge of €186.14 to remove a night storage heater meter and revert to standard meter only. If you wish for us to look into your account for you, please send us a private message with the name as it appears on the account as well as the account number, address and telephone number or date of birth. You would also need to confirm that you are the account holder.

If you have any other questions, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement