Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I have grounds to try get back with her?

• 24-09-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years around 2 months ago. She was going to the states for the summer and I fell out of love with her soon after she left.now shes back and we met up lately to "clear the air" and it made me realise that I kinda miss her..
    Would it be wrong to try and get back with her and if i was to how would i approach the situation?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

I kinda miss her..

I kinda miss Charlie Sheen from the Two and a Half Men series, but it's not keeping me awake at night. Your post sounds a little half-hearted Op, is that a good basis for a relationship?

Perhaps you need time to get perspective on this. I'd suggest you wait and see how you feel in a month's time.

Be at peace,

Z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭floorpie

Zen65 wrote: »
    I kinda miss her

It sounds like he's using it as a colloquialism or something. Or at least i'd assume he more than 'kinda' liked her after two years. Why did you fall out of love? Was it more eh...offensive or defensive, as in, did you realise that you had more fun without her, or was it insecurity because she was away from you?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 recentlybigl

Yeh sorry, thats just the way i talk.. i mean i miss her...full stop. when she went away i think i just felt i was cool without her and got greedy to see new ppl.but now i realised what iv thrown away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭floorpie

Yeh sorry, thats just the way i talk.. i mean i miss her...full stop. when she went away i think i just felt i was cool without her and got greedy to see new ppl.but now i realised what iv thrown away

Well maybe i'm just a masochist but i feel that if you're unhappy being single, being in a relationship wont make you any more happy; that is, you should be happy with your situation, and strive to be, before you start thinking of getting with someone. So if you *were* genuinely cool without her, and you could stay that way, without her, then maybe you truly do just miss her. Of course that raises the question of why you didn't miss her straight away, but i don't think we can answer that for you. If you're just having grass-is-greener syndrome then it obviously wouldn't be right. Maybe sleep on it for a few weeks and see how you feel?

Advertisement