Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Meetup. Interested?

Options
  • 24-09-2011 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭

With the start of a new year and a few new fresh UL faces, along with veteran members, I thought it would be a good idea to set up some sort of meetup for boardsies, kind of similar to BULBs. I'm aware that one or two first years here haven't met a lot of people yet so this would be a great opportunity to get to know us and make some friends! I'm not going for a definite date yet, for now I just want to see if people are interested, and any suggestions on where to go and what to do are welcome. Do post here if you're interested! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

ya im up for it anyway!! its gonna be a bit of craiic more than anything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

sounds cool :) count me in.

edit: i cant do next wednesday! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Sounds good to me. Any night is ok for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I might sacrifice my anonymity to you all and make you all grossly uncomfortable. Any night suits. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'll give it a week to get some interest and then we can start setting a date. It'll be good fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

G'wan sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Cydoniac wrote: »
    thought it would be a good idea to set up some sort of meetup for boardsies, kind of similar to BULBs

So would that just be a BUL, without the last B?

Polar Ice wrote: »
    There are some non drinkers around this year so the answer is probably yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Count me in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Polar Ice wrote: »

Destroying a long term tradition of broken promises and no-shows from unknown persons on the internet :eek:

A BUL or BULBS is the same thing, I hope people turn up to allow everyone to get to know who is who, who does what, what goes on and why.....and in turn this would help eliminate the accusations that are currently residing in a thread currently on this forum.....

BULBS used to be some of the best fun I had in UL....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Im in :D sure have it in Javas and people can decide whether or not they want a second B :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Brains?

Sounds good! you can count me in anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

BUL doesn't have the same ring to it as BULBs

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Im in :D sure have it in Javas and people can decide whether or not they want a second B :p
    Thats what we did last year. Start there and get to know each other then move wherever.
    By the way Javas is Scholars for anyone that is confused

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

sounds good
    although the extra B would make it that bit more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Does the extra B sound for Bulmers?

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

I couldn't make any of them last year, so hopefully this year is different, and Javas is a good choice too..

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

it will depend on what day it's on at but i'ed be up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

how will we know what eachother looks like?? xD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

We all need to wear a red rose on our shirts obviously. :pac:

Depending on what night it's on, and the amount of progress I can make into this pile on my desk I'd be up for it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Looking forward to it already :D

just shout out atari jaguar when you go in whoever turns round is a boardsie, or someone trying to figure out what eejit is shouting.

Scholars sounds like a good place to start. Maybe we can start putting a rough date on this, next week or week after perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Scholars sounds like a good place to start. Maybe we can start putting a rough date on this, next week or week after perhaps?

Thursday week 5?

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Thursday week 5?

Sounds like a good day to have it.

what about monday week five after scholars we could go stables. music soc holds an open mic there every monday,nice crowd good music?

I'm confused with the open mic thing, been there both Mondays around 6 and nobody was around. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm confused with the open mic thing, been there both Mondays around 6 and nobody was around. Am I missing something?

Haven't been this year yet, but last year it was on later, from about 9pm on. (Well, it might have started earlier, but that's when I got there usually)

you're arriving too early starts at nine till close. i missed the first two out of pure laziness finally went and earned my free pint this week though. i think the first week it was 6 but since then it's been nine.

• Advertisement

That would explain it. I was all geared up each time too :P

Advertisement