Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC...again

Options
  • 24-09-2011 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some advice regarding UPC. We have been with them for the past 12 months. The housemate whose name was on the account moved out and we took out a new contract with UPC.

They insisted on sending out totally new equipment. I set the new stuff up on wed morning - all worked except the internet.

All the correct lights are on the modem but according to customer care guy it hasn't been switched on yet. I was promised a call back. I have since rang a further 5 times and been promised a call back each time, but they never do and we still without Internet.

Any ideas how I can get them to resolve this? I don't have the time to chase them up each day and go through the same automated responces. They assured us there would be no downtime for the changeover (I work from home and if I don't gave Internet I can't work).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

their service on twitter is very good
    they always rang me back and sorted things out for me when i went that route

http://twitter.com/#!/UPC_HELPSYOU_IE

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

j4vier wrote: »
    their service on twitter is very good
    they always rang me back and sorted things out for me when i went that route

http://twitter.com/#!/UPC_HELPSYOU_IE
    Same here it's really the only way to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

When you ring ask for the call to be recorded and ask for the rep's direct dial in extension phone number (in case you get cut off). Keep a record of the time you rang and the time you got to talk to a real person, write down their name and as I said direct dial in number. You will need a record of all corresponce should you have trouble in the future and under the data protection act you are entitled to all recordings they have made.

The call is always recorded supposedly, but just ask to be sure, always be polite (they're just doing a job). Their phone number is a way of assuring that you will get back to the person you are talking to, in case you are cut off.

I don't use twitter so haven't a clue if that is good or bad, but their customer services are shockingly bad and I've dealt with dell customer service.

You can and should ask for e-mail confirmation of any dates agreed upon and also remind the person you are talking to that if dates or promises made are not followed up upon; proof of same is being recorded as "we speak".

As for call backs don't hold your breath, there is a limit to what you have to do with out getting redress. The small claims court is a very simple road to take and at 15 euro if I remember correctly is not that costly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    The call is always recorded supposedly, but just ask to be sure, always be polite (they're just doing a job).

Calls often will be for training and quality but the agent will have no way of knowing if the specific call is being recorded, if they do say yes or no this is a lie as they can't tell.

As for direct dial numbers, the vast majority of agents in call centre's especially the likes of ISP's don't have direct dial numbers and more often then not will also not have the ability to make outbound calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    When you ring ask for the call to be recorded and ask for the rep's direct dial in extension phone number (in case you get cut off). Keep a record of the time you rang and the time you got to talk to a real person, write down their name and as I said direct dial in number. You will need a record of all corresponce should you have trouble in the future and under the data protection act you are entitled to all recordings they have made.

The call is always recorded supposedly, but just ask to be sure, always be polite (they're just doing a job). Their phone number is a way of assuring that you will get back to the person you are talking to, in case you are cut off.

I don't use twitter so haven't a clue if that is good or bad, but their customer services are shockingly bad and I've dealt with dell customer service.

You can and should ask for e-mail confirmation of any dates agreed upon and also remind the person you are talking to that if dates or promises made are not followed up upon; proof of same is being recorded as "we speak".

As for call backs don't hold your breath, there is a limit to what you have to do with out getting redress. The small claims court is a very simple road to take and at 15 euro if I remember correctly is not that costly.

But in order to do that he must cancel the contract, pay the full year and then seek to claim it back in court. That's a hell of a gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

One question, if this was a self installation - did you ring the self install helpdesk to see what the issue was with the connection not working - they should have arranged a tech by now(bear in mind they are closed on Sundays....)

Brgds
    Johnny

Advertisement