Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good router

• 24-09-2011 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I've just ordered UPC 20mb and in looking to get a decent router, will be using 2 laptops, 2 phones and a ps3 from it. Any suggestions? And how much would we be talking about? I'm not really up with it at all as I've used a netopia router for years with my eircom line. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

touchwood wrote: »
    I've just ordered UPC 20mb and in looking to get a decent router, will be using 2 laptops, 2 phones and a ps3 from it. Any suggestions? And how much would we be talking about? I'm not really up with it at all as I've used a netopia router for years with my eircom line. Thanks in advance for the help.

When you order UPC 20mb or 25mb, you're given their Cisco EPC2425, I wanted to use my own router but they wouldn't let me, you could always try asking for the Scientific Atlanta modem, you can buy ur own cable router then. but they don't like giving them out.
    I have the Cisco and it's not as bad as I imagined after reading posts on here. Does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭touchwood

mark17j wrote: »
    touchwood wrote: »

When you order UPC 20mb or 25mb, you're given their Cisco EPC2425, I wanted to use my own router but they wouldn't let me, you could always try asking for the Scientific Atlanta modem, you can buy ur own cable router then. but they don't like giving them out.
    I have the Cisco and it's not as bad as I imagined after reading posts on here. Does the job.

I was told they don't give ya one with 20mb it would be 40 quid.

Advertisement