Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scientific Atlanta EPC 2203 Firmware

Options
  • 24-09-2011 8:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭

Hi all, couple of quick questions.

I'm upgrading the firmware because my htc isn't connecting properly to the wifi and it's supposed to be a fix.

Any idea where I can find the firmware upgrade for this? I'm found some that might fit but they're for EPC2203 and I'm not sure if I need to be specific about the makers(Scientific Atlanta).

Secondly, I'm guessing that installing firmware is as straightforward as installing drivers on other items, no?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Upgrading the firmware is not the same as installing a driver, a driver would be done on the connecting device

The firmware is done on the router itself and it done by usually navigating to the routers IP address in your web browser and in the settings page, there should be an option to update the firmware

What you would do is download the firmware and then on the router page, where you upgrade, you select the path to the firmware file you downloaded
    You would have to do all of this on a computer as you wouldn't be able to download the firmware using your HTC!
    Don't worry though, it's a very easy process. You can't really do much wrong, the router wont take an invalid firmware file generally

It was Scientific Atlanta who made your modem but they are now owned by Cisco

I found a link to the EPC2203 BUT that router is not wireless so i'm not sure you have the right model if you're connecting your phone (using wi-fi)

Is it the EPC2425 by any chance? That's UPC's standard router now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Just thinking...

Maybe you are using the EPC2203 but if you're using wi-fi, then UPC may have provided you with a netgear

If so, then it may be the netgear that needs the firmware upgrade!

Hope i've been some help

Advertisement