Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you join the tunnel road from Roxborough?

• 24-09-2011 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Can you join the tunnel road from Roxborough?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Yes

Come in by the Maldron hotel, head towards Cork and take the exit for Shannon - not really sure how it's signposted.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Thanks for the quick reply ,Is it far from the moldron, google maps has a left ring turn just past the roundabout which seems to join the tunnel, is that it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

From the Maldron, follow the signs for the N18/N69

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

sumtings wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply ,Is it far from the moldron, google maps has a left ring turn just past the roundabout which seems to join the tunnel, is that it?

Go through the roundabout, DO NOT take the first exit. It'll lead you northbound on the M7, go under the bridge and there'll be a slip road immediately after the bridge that's your exit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Thought u had to go under new road then proceed to the dooradoyle flyover and return on the other side to get traveling towards tunnel......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thought u had to go under new road then proceed to the dooradoyle flyover and return on the other side to get traveling towards tunnel......

Nope. Stay in the right lane after the mini roudabout down from Maldron(i.e don't take the M7 northbound left lane), head under the N18/M7 Flyover and the exit is IMMEDIATELY after the Flyover on the left.

No need to double back over the Dooradoyle Exit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Bit confusing alright, had to do it the other day. As others have said, it's just after the bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The confusion probably arises due to the fact that you can't turn right coming from the Dublin Road.

I know that when it opened first I wasn't sure whether you could get from the Maldron to the tunnel.

What's crazy, though, is the fact that you can't get TO the Maldron from the Dublin Road or the Adare Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I wish they would sort that out! Although I dont know if they could with the present junction the way it is

Advertisement