Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piper Cub: The little plane that gets around...

Options
  • 24-09-2011 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭

Over Vashon Municipal...
    cub_vashon.jpg?t=1316853398

Landing at Bear Gulch...
    cubBearGulch.jpg

Over Cushman Meadows...
    cubCushmanMeadows.jpg

Okanagan Valley...
    cubOkanaganValley.jpg
    (UTX scenery. I've since bought Orbx's Northern Rockies product which should cover this area, so a repeat flight is in order, I think.)

Stork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Nice snaps :) And yeah, the northern rockies looks great low and slow :) Cubs for fs were invented for orbx lol.

I just picked up australia myself.... yes, all of it :D \o/ (owns a continent lol)

I do enjoy landing at bear gukch, though its far more amusing nailing that bridge landing in a twin otter... though admitedly, it stops as fast as the cub :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

Firekitten wrote: »
    Nice snaps :) And yeah, the northern rockies looks great low and slow :) Cubs for fs were invented for orbx lol.

I just picked up australia myself.... yes, all of it :D \o/ (owns a continent lol)

I do enjoy landing at bear gukch, though its far more amusing nailing that bridge landing in a twin otter... though admitedly, it stops as fast as the cub :P

Ha...I've deliberately avoided buying anything Orbx for Australia, because I know if I started, I wouldn't be able to stop. Having a whole Orbx continent would be just too tempting.

I have bought Aersoft's Tahiti X scenery recently, though, because I like the idea of going south for the winter, and that package has quite a few islands in French Polynesia. Pacific Island Sims have an interesting bush flying package for Papua New Guinea, which looks tempting too. I've found a bush flying VA with hubs in those locations.

I love landing in the Twin Otter: stand on the brakes and hit the reverse thrust..and only the pilot's straps are stopping him from going through the windshield. I remember on a VFC cross country flight once, there was an airport...um...somewhere...that looked like it was in a big trench, making for a very difficult approach. No problem for the Twotter...drop the flaps and do a Stuka impersonation and still avoid coming in "hot". Brilliant.

Stork

south for the winter? Fit skis and tundras and quit being a sissy! *GRIN*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

Firekitten wrote: »
    south for the winter? Fit skis and tundras and quit being a sissy! *GRIN*

Hah - you fit your skis and tundras, I'll pack sunscreen and a surfboard...you take your chances with frostbite, I'll take my chances with malaria. ;)

In all seriousness, I could never move away from my Orbx scenery for long. And good weather gets boring after a while.

Stork

Yeah I've almost forgotten how to fly straight and level... I'm so used to hard winds, and low visibility, I'm all over the show when its CAVOK.

Orbx autumn and winter are gorgeous.... totally worth it jus for those!

• Advertisement
Advertisement